Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-04-2004, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure either, if that's Krista. If it is, then I'm surprised because I imagined her looking a bit different then that. Other then that, they did a real good job with the casting.

I went and had a search, and supposably the third book, "Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood" is going on sale on the 25th of January, next year. At this website, there is a small excerpt from the book. Oh & there's a quiz to see which Sisterhood girl you would be.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

i took the quiz and i'm a tibby. i like lena more since she seems so complex but i like tibby too cause she is a character all in her own
Old 12-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't heard of the book it's a weird name for a title

Sounds good, though.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

I read this book a few years ago. Lena was my favourite character...she has the cutest story line
Old 12-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

She was my favorite character too which makes it even better than Alexis is playing her.

Gah! I am so impatient for this movie. I just want it to be out now!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by rob'sbeotch
Okay, I know that Alexis is in those two pics posted ( Duh) and also Amber Tamblyn, America Ferrerra and Blake Lively, but who's the other girl? The blonde? Please don't tell me she plays Krista. That is not what I pictured Krista to look like!

Anyone know?
She was just a friend of Blake Lively's, I believe I had read that somewhere.

Imdb (so make of it what you will) has someone who posted after seeing an advance screening, supposedly. Warning, spoilers contained within the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403508/board/nest/13137059
In general, it sounds like Alexis did a wonderful job.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link. I'm going to stay away from spoilers though because I've been trying to be a good girl.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Addicted Fan

No need to venture there, Katie. Here's a summary. 1) Someone who saw the screening said Alexis did a wonderful job and that Lena's scenes were the most interesting. 2) Other IMDB posters are so infuriated and riled up, with their oh-so-threatening "they had better not ruin the book!" inflexibilities. 3) In general, the reaction to Alexis being cast as Lena has been negative.

But hey, I don't care! I almost want the movie to be so different from the books, just to spite all the idiot savants over there whose main complaints are "Alexis is not Greek!" and "Alexis does not have green eyes!" Rawr, ooh, I'm scared. Get over it, people.

Anyhow, things are pleasant over there, and I'm encouraged by the comments from the person who actually saw the screening. I'm going to snark those snarks... (OK, so that makes me immature too, but whatever, at least I have insight. But unfortunately, not much sleep.)
Old 12-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

ilovetheshins same here.they should know that when they turn a book into a movie they barely stick to the book.they should be lucky cause from what i hear they only changed a few things.atleast the main lesson is still in the movie and that they didn't turn it into another hilary duff movie.and alexis has talent so they should rejoice in the fact that she's doing the part.alexis is beautiful .lena's beautiful. what is there to whine about?
Old 12-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinIty
what is there to whine about?
The eternal rhetorical question, right? Because, as you know, there's always something to whine about?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I cant wait for this movie, I love Amber & Alexis, it should be awesome to see a movie for both..I never read the book but saw it, I might read it to see if the movie will be good etc!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for it to come out, the book is great and with Alexis and Amber Tamblyn starring, it's a done deal.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's what imdb has to say about the movie.

Quote:
Checkered-past director Kwapis and screenwriter Delia Ephron bring this best-seller out of girls' bedrooms and into the cineplex, with four talented young women in the lead roles. With its European trappings, young women might finally have an Under the Tuscan Sun to call their very own; Warner Brothers, meanwhile, might have a surprise hit on their hands. Hoo-ray
Old 12-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the news update, Dorothy. I just looked at IMDB and thought I'd note a few interesting observations:

1) UK release is April 30, 2005. US release is June 3, 2005. Considering this is a film with an American director and American actresses, I wonder why the UK would receive an earlier release date. The film took place in Vancouver BC, Greece and LA... no UK ties whatsoever. Any guesses?

2) Credits order list Amber Tamblyn (Tibby), then Jenna Boyd (Bailey), then Valerie Tian (Interview Girl #10. The rest of the cast is listed alphabetically. This isn't how they are going to market and promote the film, is it? Because honestly, I would hit a double highlight of Amber and Alexis, then everyone else, because of name recognition. There are 4 main characters. I haven't read the book, but don't they all share about the same amount of onscreen time?
Old 12-10-2004, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm sure they're promote using Amber and Alexis. Who knows why imdb does some of the things it does. Those two seem to be getting the most press out of it, and the studio would be crazy not to capatilize on that name recognition.

You know would be cool to see? The main cast on Oprah.