Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
I believe a graphic novel is essentially a longer form of a comic book, nothing "graphic" (in that sense) about it. Well, given the fact the title is "Sin City," I assume it won't be that kiddie, but it seems like with most comic books, the heroic themes actually run quite dark.
Yeah, I knew that. I meant I have never read a comic book in my whole life

Icon credit: phoenix39 @ LJ
Old 12-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinIty
Maz you watched the trailer where? they named alexis. yay thats good from whta i hear it was just a small part. she's come a long way from texas.
The link is in the first page of this thread.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Maz you watched the trailer where? they named alexis. yay thats good from whta i hear it was just a small part. she's come a long way from texas.
It's funny. As much as I have disdain for certain parts of "Texan" mentality, I'm always glad to see those from Texas represent themselves well. Alexis definitely has pride and shows it gracefully.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Sin City Promos

I made two caps from the recent Sin City Trailer. I also took the trailer and was able to enlarge it and improve the quality. It is in DivX format. The link is below.

Courtesy Jet and Troublemaker Studios

Computer Geek Stuff:

PC Users - Right Click to save on your machine
Mac Users - CTL Click to get context menu to save on your machine.

Sin City - New Trailer - DivX AVI Format - 21.2mB
Old 12-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the cap and the better quality trailer!

Alexis loooks sooo different to her usual roles, which is kinda cool.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Alexis looks amazing in that second pic. her eyes look great with the black and white.

thanks maz.

its nice to know that she loves texas .i was a bit shocked at first when i found out that she came from texas since she doesn't really look like a texas girl or my stereotype or a texas girl anyways.she totally broke that image.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Alexis looks amazing in that second pic. her eyes look great with the black and white.

its nice to know that she loves texas .i was a bit shocked at first when i found out that she came from texas since she doesn't really look like a texas girl or my stereotype or a texas girl anyways.she totally broke that image.
She does look incredible. At first, I just thought her eyes were that light-colored in the b/w shot, but yeah, the blue touch is nice. Very icy.

As for Texans, there is not much stereotype when it comes to Houstonians, imo, and myself being one. The cities in Texas are large, urban, and besides Austin (which is probably THE coolest city in the South), Houston probably comes in second. Of course, I do like hearing about how nice the people from Texas are, when they go to other parts of the country, but then again, those who do get out probably aren't "representative," in terms of proportions to the population of the state.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Daphne-
Do you need to have read the book to be able to understand it?
I've actually thought about reading these novels. At least try. You never know, I might even like them. The movie, at least, looks very cool and interesting.

Thanks Jet for the caps and the link to the trailer!
Old 12-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those pictures of Alexis in the trailer. I love the way her eyes are still blue while everything else is black and white, looks very cool.

I agree with madelen, the movie looks interesting, so maybe I'll try the reading.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 12-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

I saw the trailer today before The Aviator, Alexis seemed like she was in it alot. Good goin promo dept.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

i myself have never met a Texan but i've heard that same thing.i think its because most southern citizens grow up to be those old fashioned gentlemen,and women ofcourse.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
I saw the trailer today before The Aviator, Alexis seemed like she was in it alot. Good goin promo dept.
Also saw the Aviator today, totally forgot the trailer would be showing. Freaked out my friends (and probably the people around me).
WOW... to see Alexis on the bigscreen. That face, those eyes, filling up 40 feet high of movie screen is quite incredible, a completely different feel from TV. Plus, that trailer was so artsy compared to everything else shown before The Aviator, I think the film stood out. Alexis looked great... my friend's little sister was like, "Wow, she looks hot! Who would have thought?"

Seeing it tiny on the computer vs on the bigscreen is different as night and day, black and white.

(OT: Cate Blanchett rocked the Kate Hepburn accent like no one could have even come close to doing.)
Old 12-29-2004, 05:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Also saw the Aviator today, totally forgot the trailer would be showing. Freaked out my friends (and probably the people around me).
WOW... to see Alexis on the bigscreen. That face, those eyes, filling up 40 feet high of movie screen is quite incredible, a completely different feel from TV. Plus, that trailer was so artsy compared to everything else shown before The Aviator, I think the film stood out. Alexis looked great... my friend's little sister was like, "Wow, she looks hot! Who would have thought?"

Seeing it tiny on the computer vs on the bigscreen is different as night and day, black and white.

(OT: Cate Blanchett rocked the Kate Hepburn accent like no one could have even come close to doing.)
ok you've convicd me .i think i might go and watch it.i recommend meet the fockers its funny as hell . i was laughing the whole time.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Katherine Hepburn had a very distinct way of talking, didn't she? It's probably not easy to mimic it. I need to see this movie.

Last edited by madelen; 12-30-2004 at 06:11 AM
Old 12-30-2004, 03:31 AM
Elite Fan

I saw the Sin City trailer on E! News live a few days ago. The movie looks awesome. And aw, I liked how they credited the cast in alphabetical order...since Alexis was second.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS