Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinIty
was she asked to read for sin city or did she just decide to go and audition for it and got the part.
Hrm, no idea. We still don't know if she had to audition for her other roles, in B&P and SotTP, either.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks so much Jet for clarifying it was a small part not cameo!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I went to the movies tonight and I saw a Coming Soon poster up for Sin City. It only had Jessica Alba, but I thought it was cool that they have started putting up posters already. I'm down in Ft. Lauderdale for work and saw it. I haven't seen it at any of the movie theaters I go to back home in Virginia.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Does anyone know if Sin City will be entered at any film festivals next year? Once we get the Christmas film season out of the way, and the Oscar race tucked away, Sin City will be ready for public consumption, or so I hope.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Passionate Fan

This movie looks so awesome, I wanna see it so much, I didnt know about her role in this movie but yay, it should be awesome to watch
Old 12-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

really they're putting out posters already.
is it going to be like kill bill with three moves or is it going to be one whole movie?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

I think it's just one movie, based on the graphic novels "Sin City", "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard", written and illustrated by Frank Miller. This according to imdb.com.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

The new entire teaser/trailer for Sin City is up. I don't know if it's the same as the links from the first post, but it's definately way longer than 15 seconds.

And they credit Alexis at the end too!

Sin City Trailer
Old 12-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LiL_Starzz
And they credit Alexis at the end too!

Sin City Trailer
That was cool, I liked how they gave each character one thing in color, and for Alexis it was her blue eyes. How could they not? That trailer looks really good!
Old 12-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, that trailer looks amazing. I'm really curious about this film now and AB's role! I don't know yet if I'll go see it. Do you need to have read the book to be able to understand it?

Icon credit: phoenix39 @ LJ
Old 12-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Daphne-
I don't know yet if I'll go see it. Do you need to have read the book to be able to understand it?
I hope not, because I'm not planning on it!

A ha, her eyes were so blue, but also, I thought they were so light-colored on black and white, they naturally popped as is. Seems like they may have shown almost all her scenes. I know she's not in it that much (is she?) and yet she chose to put her name into the credits? Hopefully that is a sign not only to her character's importance but what they think of her as an actress.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, it's a graphic novel , right? Not really into that. But the movie looks really interesting, it does make me curious.
It's just too cool that she's sharing the screen with Benicio Del Toro! I'm so jealous!

Icon credit: phoenix39 @ LJ
Old 12-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

wow this is the first ive heard about this movie but i just saw the trailer and its def got a good a cast. I love Jessica Alba, and Im glad Alexis was named in the trailer even if her part isnt that big.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Maz you watched the trailer where? they named alexis. yay thats good from whta i hear it was just a small part. she's come a long way from texas.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Daphne-
Yeah, it's a graphic novel , right? Not really into that.
I believe a graphic novel is essentially a longer form of a comic book, nothing "graphic" (in that sense) about it. Well, given the fact the title is "Sin City," I assume it won't be that kiddie, but it seems like with most comic books, the heroic themes actually run quite dark.

She's getting to work with a lot of A-listers in her films... must be quite the experience for her.