Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

I made a few caps from the Yahoo interview (more pix here )

Mulder&Scully//House&Cameron
Chuck&Sarah//Castle&Beckett
Old 03-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora13
I made a few caps from the Yahoo interview (more pix here )

OMG!!! Thank you soo much for sharing with us!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Passionate Fan

I love all the necklaces!!!!!! And then the jacket ... and the top ... sorry, but black and red are my favourite colours and I love necklaces and that looks just ... wow

(something I already noticed when I saw the clip: the shirt's red, but at the SC homepage her shirt is like pink ... hm)

And she looks so much older there ... I could stare at that pic for hours ...

Thanx for the caps pandora13!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

pandora13 -- thanks for the caps!

EW gave the movie a C+. They didn't mention Alexis in the review. But whatever, I'm still can't wait to see it. And I remember last December they gave Lemony Snicket's ASOUE at C+ also, and it turned out to be one of the best movies I'd seen in a long time. So I never really care about their grades. I was just hoping for some good reviews. *crossing my fingers for the Houston Chronicle review on Friday*

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 03-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Candy

EW gave the movie a C+.

Entertainment Weekly sucks butt. They only ever give good grades to artsy, independent movies. Pretentious bastards.

Note: I think smilies are lame, but without the smilies people don't seem to get that I'm almost always joking. So, -- put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited by last page first; 03-30-2005 at 10:08 PM
Old 03-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I actually prefer bad reviews because they tend to be funnier and they tend to dissect the movie with a more critical eye so you learn a bit more. Even if you have to take their blatant animosity with a grain of salt. Also nothing wrong with pretentious arty independent films. Actually Sin City is pretty pretentious in a good way.

I found this dig at hollywood amusing.

Quote:
In Sin City, the shady metropolis where Frank Miller sets his brutal tales, people come in two flavors: creeps (if they're guys) and whores (if they're women.) Perhaps that's why everybody in Hollywood seemed so eager to sign on.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 03-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by last page first
Entertainment Weekly sucks butt. They only ever give good grades to artsy, independent movies. Pretentious bastards.
Actually, I don't like reviews at all myself. Nobody ever seems to have the same opinion as me on anything. But my mom is strange. She thinks 4-star movies are the only way to go, regardless of what they're about. She scorns any movie that doesn't get good reviews, even if I tell her I loved it. Sometimes I ask her if she seriously can't think up a 4-star movie that she didn't like. She's usually very evasive about that one.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 03-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm gonna see Sin City tomorrow!! I am so freakin EXCITED!! I rarely get to see a movie on opening day and if I didn't have class tomorrow I would definitely go to the 12:01 screening tonight. Argh!

BTW...HERE is a 4-star review from Roger Ebert. Ebert & Roeper will review the movie on this weekend's show.

Old 04-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

You need to come straight away to the spoiler thread and tell us all about the movie, Liwen! Hope you enjoy the movie!

And thanks for posting the link to the review. Susan, show it to your mom and maybe she'll go see the movie with you!
Old 04-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

The LA Times review of Sin City was not too kind to Alexis' performance and I quote: "...and Alexis Bledel, on loan from 'Gilmore Girls', plays a double-negative obsessed prostitute named Becky in the stammering, motor-mouthed style of a prissy Yale sophomore who got off on the wrong exit in New Haven."

Yikes!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieV
The LA Times review of Sin City was not too kind to Alexis' performance and I quote: "...and Alexis Bledel, on loan from 'Gilmore Girls', plays a double-negative obsessed prostitute named Becky in the stammering, motor-mouthed style of a prissy Yale sophomore who got off on the wrong exit in New Haven."

Yikes!
That doesn't sound too great but I'm sure I'll love Alexis anyways.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieV
Not necessarily inaccurate. But I wouldnt necessarily take that as a criticism of Alexis. That's probably what they wanted and partly why they cast her.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I just came back from Sin City and man I loved it!! But it is definitely a love-it or hate-it movie. I personally love highly stylized movies so if that's your cup of tea then you'll enjoy it.

I got all excited when I saw Alexis' name come up during the beginning credits because she was 3rd!! Well anyway I think she did pretty good with her performance, although I'm no professional. She is I guess the purest and most innocent (or so she seems) of all the Old Town girls, and you can really tell she stood out from the rest because her voice was always more innocent and high-pitched compared to the others who talked in low slow tones. My two favorite scenes are the one with Benecio in the trailer and the part where Gail bites her neck (I don't think this is a spoiler because the Entertainment Weekly article already mentioned it.) She is definitely the prettiest in the entire cast. I was mesmerized by her big blue eyes.

Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Total Fan

Ahhlovedthismovie. Didn't really like her character, but she did great haha. I loved when gail said to her " Make sure you dry your hair right when you get home so you dont catch a cold" for some reason lol.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Just got back from Sin City. I went to see it to see another side to Alexis, and I liked the movie fine overall, but I have to say I don't feel like this role was a huge stretch for her. She was still playing the innocent - do you understand what I mean? I was looking forward to a tough-talking, take-no-crap kind of role. Maybe I misunderstood the role from the beginning - who knows?

Anyway, it was certainly an interesting movie.
Sophies|Smitties|Literati|Dirty Birds|Brigadiers|Finnatics|R/L ILY Club #1|R/L Smut Club #1

I want to lick Matt's Czuchry's neck. Wonder if he'll let me?

I decorate the world with words. Author name manda903.