Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Fox Atomic press release about the movie:

Quote:
Business Wire - Press Release
''Friday Night Lights'' Star Zach Gilford Graduates with Fox Atomic
12.07.07, 12:02 AM ET

Fox Atomic announced today that Zach Gilford (NBC's "Friday Night Lights"); Michael Keaton; Carol Burnett; and Rodrigo Santoro (Love Actually, ABC's "Lost") are set to join Alexis Bledel in The Post-Grad Survival Guide. The film will begin shooting on December 10th in Los Angeles. Vicky Jenson (Shrek, Shark Tale) will direct, and The Montecito Picture Company's Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock will produce the film along with Joe Medjuck and Jeff Clifford.

In the comedy The Post-Grad Survival Guide, Ryden Malby (Alexis Bledel) graduates from college and is forced to move back into her childhood home with her eccentric family, while she attempts to find a job, the right guy, and just a hint of where her life is headed.

Alexis Bledel, best known for her role as Rory Gilmore on the long-running series "Gilmore Girls," will play the lead. Bledel has also appeared in numerous films including Sin City and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Zach Gilford, best known for his role as quarterback Matt Saracen on NBC's critically acclaimed show "Friday Night Lights" will play her love interest in the film. Michael Keaton, an actor who is best known for his collaborations with inventive director Tim Burton on some of Burton's biggest films, including Beetle Juice, Batman, and Batman Returns, is also set to star in the film. He is joined in the film by Carol Burnett, a comedic legend, who has worked in the entertainment industry for over fifty years. She starred in her show "The Carol Burnett Show" for 11 seasons, earning her the deserved title of "Queen of Television Comedy." Rodrigo Santoro, the gorgeous actor who first wowed audiences in Love Actually, also joins the cast. Santoro also had starring roles in the smash hit 300 and the hit television show "Lost."

Director Vicky Jenson began her career in animation, designing backgrounds and drawing storyboards for Marvel, Disney, and Warner Brothers. She received commercial and critical acclaim when she directed the Academy Award winning Shrek and the Academy Award Nominated Shark Tale.

The Montecito Picture Company's Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock are set to produce The Post-Grad Survival Guide along with Joe Medjuck and Jeff Clifford. Reitman has created many of American cinema's best loved feature film comedies, including Animal House, Ghost Busters, Stripes, and Beethoven. Pollock and Medjuck have produced some of the most memorable films of the past decade, such as Old School, Road Trip, and Disturbia. President of Production Debbie Liebling will oversee the project for Atomic.

About Fox Atomic

Fox Atomic is a culturally branded entertainment company providing theatrical movies and digital content targeting the 17-24 year old demographic. Their next release will be the comedy The Rocker (April 18, 2008). Later in 2008, Atomic will release The Post-Grad Survival Guide and I Love You, Beth Cooper among others. Atomic also houses a graphic novel division, with distribution through sister company Harper Collins. They most recently released "28 Days Later: The Aftermath" (April '07) and "The Hills Have Eyes 2: The Beginning" (July '07). Formed in 2006, this new entity of Fox Filmed Entertainment produces and acquires product spanning all media platforms, and various genres.
source
Old 12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

I got really excited about Alexis movie news!!!
And decided to make a banner of Zach and Alexis together, because they're so pretty x)

adara . lucy . polly
one . two . trio
Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article Andrea

Polly That looks great! Thanks for making it!
Old 12-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Thank's for bringing that over gilmorebrazil.

PollyGreen: I love that art, so pretty! Love the blending and colouring and text, great job!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm so exited for this movie

Pretty banner PollyGreen

I don't watch FNL, so I don't know Zach Gilford but he looks hot
Old 12-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenxDoll (View Post)
I don't watch FNL, so I don't know Zach Gilford but he looks hot
That he is. And you should definitely chekck out FNL, it's one of the best shows out there!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Addicted Fan

^ I agree, FNL is a great show and Zach is really good on it .

It's really exciting filming start's soon,I hope soon we get reports if filming is going well or anything soon, set pictures would be a bonus.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Set pictures would awesome!
Quote:

Michael Keaton Joins Alexis Bledel In The Post-Grad Survival Guide

Michael Keaton is such a great actor, it’s a shame he’s not seen much on the big screen anymore. Thankfully, someone’s got every faith in him as he has signed on to The Post-Grad Survival Guide. Woo! Beetlejuice is back!

Keaton is joined by funny woman Carol Burnett, Zach Gilford and Rodrigo Santoro to star alongside Alexis Bledel in the comedy about a young girl who finds herself moving back in with her zany family after college.

Gilford will be playing Bledels love interest with Santoro playing a neighbour who she confides in. No word on who Keaton or Burnett will play, but I’m guessing the dad and grandmother.

The film starts shooting on Monday on location in LA. It is to be directed by Vicky Jenson, who co-directed Shrek.
Michael Keaton Joins Alexis Bledel In The Post-Grad Survival Guide on Product Reviews Net

Other articles:
''Friday Night Lights'' Star Zach Gilford Graduates with Fox Atomic | Reuters
Friday Night star on squad for Survival comedy | Entertainment | Film | Reuters
Old 12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you for the banner, Polly!

A very positive article about the movie:

Quote:
Alexis Bledel Gets Not Only a Lover, but Mr. Mom and Carol Burnett Too!
Posted Dec 8th 2007 6:32PM by Monika Bartyzel
Filed under: Comedy, Casting, Fox Atomic

Well, Gilmore Girl and Traveling Pants star Alexis Bledel no longer has a Ticket to Ride. Instead, an early name change has her getting into The Post-Grad Survival Guide for Fox Atomic's upcoming comedy, and the supporting cast is falling into place. The Hollywood Reporter has posted that Zach Gilford, one of the stars of the television series Friday Night Lights is in final negotiations to play Rory's love interest. Also joining the cast -- Michael Keaton, Carol Burnett, and Rodrigo Santoro (300). Man, I hope this is decent, just to get a chance to see Keaton and Burnett -- hopefully together.

Bledel stars as a girl named Ryden Malby, who has just graduated from college and has "to move back home with her eccentric family while trying to find a job, meet the right guy, and figure out where her life is headed." Santoro is going to play an infomercial director and neighbor who becomes Ryden's friend and confidant, but there is no word on who Keaton and Burnett will play. Considering the eccentric family angle, I'm hoping for some sort of dad and grandma deal -- Carol would be perfect as Alexis' grandmother. As for the neighbor, will Ryden find a lucrative future in the infomercial biz, peddling special fryers, rotisseries, and weight loss products? The possibilities!

Filming will begin on the project this Monday in Los Angeles, under the directorial eye of Vicky Jenson -- director of Shrek and Shark Tale. It'll be interesting to see what she makes of this live action comedy, but really, I'm just psyched for Carol.
And another one with some spoilers (and an interesting picture of Zach):
'Lost,' 'Friday Night' Co-Stars Fight for 'Survival' - Zach Gilford and Rodrigo Santoro to woo Alexis Bledel - Zap2it
Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the articles! All of this information about the movie is just making me more and more excited to see it!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the articles Andrea I really hope Keaton and Burnett will play someone in Alexis' characters family.

Quote:
Gilford's character is the best friend who she may or may not truly be in love with, while Santoro will play the studly neighbor next door.
This is interesting. This article hints that Santoro might be a love interest as well.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

omg i'm so happy she's in a movie with Rodrigo Santoroo!
thanks for all the news!!
i hope that now she 'll come to Brazil =]

Tamy
Old 12-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Okay I shall definatly check out FNL

And those articles are great
Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the articles

I agree Mad, it sounds really interesting that Gilford character and Santoro being love interests, I can't wait to see how they play this out with them two and Katie all this infomation is getting me more excited to, I love we're getting these reports about the film . I really can't wait when we get set pictures, if we get any, I hope we will!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

An article I found, a tiny little bit spoilerish - so don't read it if you don't want to know anything before hand.

More on Bledel’s “Post Grad Survival Guide”