Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks! Haven't received my issue yet. Think it might've lapse. I signed up for a whole bunch of magazines free internet offers. Must have like 10 years on Maxim by now.

Hope Alexis does Leno too. Unlike Dave, he'd probably insist on seeing Alexis breakdance.

Question for you Ilove or anyone else. On the first picture. (I can't read it) Can you please tell me the photographers name? Want to search around to see if perhaps he's photographed her before, etc.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 05-20-2005 at 06:01 PM
Old 05-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Raja, Jim Wright was the photographer for the entire Latina shoot.

Wow, you recognize photographer's names? Never thought about that degree of internet stalking, but hey... we're a creative bunch here, especially you. Have you seen any photographer's name show up on multiple Alexis shoots?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Wasn't clear. Meant from the Houston Luxury Living. The name was on the first scan/photograph. But can't make it out.

Shoots do get reused. Particularly ones you see in smaller magazines. And of course outtakes appear. Anyway the photographers name would prove useful.

As far as stalking. Been doing some research into Alexis' family in Argentina I'll post when things start to slow down a bit. Bledel is a short and rather cryptic name that doesnt scream any ethnicity. So thought I'd see what was up there. And I was bored last Sunday.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 05-20-2005 at 08:38 PM
Old 05-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Addicted Fan

It's surprising that Bledel is not a more common last name. I also know a Badell. Somewhere in there, I'll bet the translation (especially since many Argentinians are relatively recent - a few generations - immigrants from Europe.

The photographer for HML was Ivan Prochko. Whoever's idea it was to feature her in the inaugural issue, put her in those clothes for that shoot, with that lighting and posing, is brilliant. Well, at least to me.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheshins
The photographer for HML was Ivan Prochko. Whoever's idea it was to feature her in the inaugural issue, put her in those clothes for that shoot, with that lighting and posing, is brilliant. Well, at least to me.
Thanks. He is the same photographer who did the pictures for the first pictorial in Latina magazine. And definately agree on your praise for the most current ones he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheshins
It's surprising that Bledel is not a more common last name. I also know a Badell. Somewhere in there, I'll bet the translation (especially since many Argentinians are relatively recent - a few generations - immigrants from Europe.
I wrote something REALLY long explaining about I found and that was foolish to do a on the picture thread. I'll post something on the news thread soon. I'll just say I assumed Alexis was either Itallian (who make up a large portion of Argentines) or Spanish (who are the next largest demographic). But looking at genealogy websites (since i can't find any CURRENT ones who aren't Argentine or are first or second generation Argentines in the US), her family is PROBABLY from the the third largest ethnic group in Argentina, German. Though Bledel is listed as a Danish surname and there was at least one Bledel by that name who immigrated to the US from Denmark. A lot of them if you include the variation "Bladel."
Old 05-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Thanks so much, ilovetheshins, for posting that! The pics are beautiful! And it would be great if someone could scan the article.

And I agree with you about the HML pics. They are gorgeous. And maybe a bit more "mature" (for lack of a better word) pics of Alexis. The teen mag pics are pretty too, but this was a bit more fashion-y. Which I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Chocolate
Oh those are beautiful! Thank you!! And umm... the left picture on Page 3 and the picture on Page 5 would make greeeeat avis -hint hint-
Yes, they would make great avies. I especially like these two:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...5-Latina-5.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...5-Latina-2.jpg

Raja- wow, you've done a lot of research. Thanks for letting us know about all your findings. It's an interesting read.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't seen these pictures anywhere else and I don't think anybody has seen my site yet, so here, its the proof sheet from the Teen Vouge photoshoot.

http://img206.echo.cx/my.php?image=alexishp516kc.jpg
Old 05-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that, Chickers! And welcome to the board! We're glad to have you here.

I haven't seen those pics before. They're pretty. Especially the ones of her in the black dress. But they're from a while ago right? Like a few years. Or am I wrong?

Do you want to post a link to your site?
Old 05-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thankyou! I've been browsing around this forum for a few months so I decided to just join. Yeah, you are right about the pictures.

Sure! It's link is http://simply-alexis.org It just opened yesterday.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickers
I haven't seen these pictures anywhere else and I don't think anybody has seen my site yet, so here, its the proof sheet from the Teen Vouge photoshoot.

http://img206.echo.cx/my.php?image=alexishp516kc.jpg
Those pics on the proof sheet are awesome! and your site looks great Chickie
Old 05-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickers
Thankyou! I've been browsing around this forum for a few months so I decided to just join. Yeah, you are right about the pictures.

Sure! It's link is http://simply-alexis.org It just opened yesterday.
Whoooooooa! The outtakes from Flaunt magazine are KILLER! Your site is amazing, keep up the great work!
Old 05-22-2005, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal
Whoooooooa! The outtakes from Flaunt magazine are KILLER!
The outtakes are great! Gorgeous! Your site is great, Chickers. And there's so many pics in the gallery that I haven't seen before. And the layout is pretty. I think I'll be visiting your site often.

Welcome to the board, SetoKaiba! Hope to see you round here often.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

You guys rock! I'm glad you like my site!!
Old 05-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Probably hate me for saying this. But I did actually have the Flaunt pics for awhile. But the person who gave them to me asked me not to post them so I couldn't But I will have some goodies soon to make up for it.

And Chickers as everyone else said. Great site. You've got some wonderful stuff there. So you can drop the "unknown" label on the Flaunt photos, the photographer is Tony Duran.

Surprisingly VH1/Maxim didnt use a very current photo. Also unfortunately all they did was flash the photo for the countdown. Maybe they missed some of the better shoots she's done this year and will be upgrading her for next year!

Old 05-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thankyou Raja, I thought that the photographer was Tony Duran, I had them a while ago but my server crashed. I asked Erin {The Person who sent me the photos} but she didn't remember, and I wasn't sure, so I didn't label them like that. Thanks for telling me.