Old 05-15-2005, 12:26 PM
New Fan

thanks for the pics she looks HOT
Old 05-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheshins
Alright, got it!
This is the best quality I could take for the pictures. Sorry for the glare or fuzziness - I was taking it without flash so that the pages would not reflect.

Houston Modern Luxury premiere issue March/April 2005:
cover
picture1
picture2
picture3
picture4
article
picture5

Aww,the pics are just so...and the quality is good and she looks just... *Can't find any words for that!
Old 05-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Thank you thank you thank you for the pictures!! I love them!! My favourite has to be picture 5 - They're all just so... gorgeous.... I love them all. Thanks!
Seth: And you're dressed. I wonder who's more disappointed.

Please vote for Keira Knightley or Jennifer Aniston!
Old 05-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow ilovetheshins! Now that's how I like to see Alexis posing.

You can probably get access to a scanner at either kinkos or a local library. If you dont feel confident in your ability to edit the pics just save it as a large tiff file and i'm sure someone else can do that for that.

But I must say, for pics taken by a digital camera those pics do look damn good. Just having a bit of a struggle reading the article.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 05-15-2005 at 01:12 PM
Old 05-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I know eh?

Old 05-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Total Fan

She looks amazing it in those pics!!! She looks older and better !!!
I love her style this year!!
Old 05-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree... I find her style keeps getting better and better. I love her clothes!

Old 05-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

i LOVE all the pictures!! Shes so Gorgous!!!!!

"I like to be around you, when your not tryin to be some body, talk about what ever we talk about ..... you have to be cool, dont have to be smart, dont need to no every think all the time, its all right if your a little bit out of it, i dont care...."

*Lucas and Brooke*
Old 05-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

She looks amazing! More mature...
My favourite is pictures 3 and 5, she looks gorgeous and older in it plus, I love the blazer she's wearing in picture 3

BTW, can someone type the article? 'cause I can't read it
Old 05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Total Fan

Yeah,I would also apperciate it if someone would type the article!! Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for posting those, ilovetheshins! They're all great pics of her but I really love 3 & 6 - she looks wonderful.

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
Old 05-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Love the pics! And we totally need a new thread, lol.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 05-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Raja, or anyone else, if you have AIM or gmail, or some program where I can send you the real-size files, let me know so I can e-mail you. Sorry, but photobucket seems to resize automatically. Because, on my computer, the actual files (>1MB each) look quite good.

Yeah picture #3, with no shirt under that blazer...damn! I'm straight, but yeah, Alexis looks so hot. This was the first photo shoot that my boyfriend has been truly impressed with her.

I can type the article for you though.

Here it is:
Quote:
Alexis Bledel has been working hard all day on the set of the WB's hit dramedy "Gilmore Girls." It's 6:30 and she's only now stealing a lunch break. For a girl who barely dared to fantasize about being an actress when she was growing up in Houston's shabby chic Heights district, she certainly has found herself in the thick of Hollywood reality. "As a kid I never really thought about acting as an option," say the young star, her words slanting slightly in the Texas fashion. At 23, she looks and sounds impossibly young, her voice sweet and bell-like, every other sentence born aloft on a girlish giggle. "But acting was never a passion of mine. I did plays, but I did swim team, also. I guess maybe I wanted to be a singer or an actress or a dancer because that looked like more fun than anything else. Meanwhile, I can't dance or sing."

Bledel (like most of America) has discovered that she can act, as her TV show is a hit and her film career tilts toward all-out breakthrought. But she's also learning that acting isn't all fun and games. "Everyone has this idea of what it's like modeling or being on a TV show or in films," she says. "There is the glamour and all that, but it's also so much work. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, don't get me wrong. But I remember, when I first started, I couldn't believe the hours I was putting in. It's really disillusioning. This is just a job like any other job. It's really a grind. It's interesting how the illusion is so sparkling."

But the clear-eyed and relentlessly modest beauty has actually known something of sparkle since her modeling career began at age 14. Page Parkes Eveleth of Houston's Page Parkes modeling agency recalls how Bledel's career took off. It seems the teen, a less-than-tall girl of 5 foot 6 inches, turned up as a "helper" at a recruiting even Eveleth had organized. "I'll never forget that," says the top agent. "Alexis was there to hand out application forms to other girls, taller girls. But the scouts called me at home to say that, of all the girls there that day, they wanted Alexis. They wanted the helper." The agent still remembers the "angelic-looking" Bledel as one of the sweetest and most grounded kids she's ever worked with.

Modeling took Bledel from catalog shoots in Houston to magazine shoots in Paris and Tokyo (she was too short for the runway). But despite the jet-setting, Bledel enjoyed a uniquely Texas teenage life. Born Kimberly Alexis Bledel to Mexican nature Nanette and her husband Martin, a good-natured general contractor from Argentina, she and her younger brother grew up speaking fluent Spanish. She attended St. Agnes Catholic high school in southwest Houston.

"It's an all-girls school," she remembers, "and there are good things about that. But you want to have guys around when you're 14 through 18. I mean, you want them around after that of course, too." Bledel giggles, a little embarrassed. "But you especially want them around at that time in your life. But we had a boys school across the street and we had classes over there, so it wasn't totally isolated, luckily."

At 18, Bledel's first audition - ever - was for a title role in Girls. She's played Lorelai Gilmore's bookishly lovely daughter Rory since the show debuted in 2000.

Although she's joked in the past about how lost she felt in the industry when she began her acting career, she had managed to find her place in Hollywood. Bledel made the move to the big screen in 2002 with a starring role in the whimsical Tuck Everlasting opposite William Hurt and Sissy Spacek. This year she'll appear in three feature productions, including the coming-of-age comedy The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, which hits theaters in early June.

Last summer Bledel returned to Texas to film Robert Rodriguez's big budget showstopper, Sin City, a highly stylized all-star spectacular based on the mega-noir graphic novels of Frank Miller. Bledel joined Bruce Willis, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Harnett and a roster of other notables - the film may become known as Mickey Rourke's comeback - to shoot the complex ensemble piece, hunkering down in Rodriguez's converted studios in Austin's old airport.

For Sin City, which will be released April 1, Bledel was cast against her fresh-faced, innocent type. She plays Becky, unique among the formidable women who run a section of the city called Old Town. "The Old Town girls are kind of these Western girls," explains Bledel. "All of them are tough and sexy and really quick, so you don't mess with them. But Becky is the youngest, the most vulnerable in some ways, because she wants to get out of Sin City. While others kind of embrace their existence there, she's looking for some sort of escape."

"I saw her in a casting session," remembers Rodriguez, the young director whose credits including the indie smash El Mariachi and the three Spy Kids films. "She performed the character that Frank had created in his comic so well, and resembled the character so much, I couldn't wait for Frank to see her audition tape. I even warned him to be sitting down when he watched it, because it would be as if he were seeing the character spring to life from his comic.

"He was floored," the director adds. "I knew instantly that out of everyone we had seen - and we'd seen some really terrific actresses - that she'd be the one we'd go with. There are a lot of actors in the movie, a lot of characters, and Alexis really makes Becky stand out."

Rodriguez says he and City creator Miller were amazed by the young TV star's committment to the part. "All through the filming Frank was so impressed by how she was Becky at all times," he says. "I could pan the camera over to her even before we called action and get some great Becky moments, because she was so into it. People are going to really notice her in this and want to know more about who she is."

Turns out that Bledel herself wants to know more about who she is. She's clearly part Texas, polite and warm. But she's also made herself right at home in L.A., even taking up with hunky Girls costar Milo Ventimiglia. She's industry-saavy and keenly self-aware, aglow in her own insights about where she finds herself in the world. Now, as her lunch break ends, she doesn't have to search too far for the right metaphor.

"I'm remodeling the house now," she says of her new L.A. pad. "It's amazing to be able to do this at my age, because you get to set up an environment for yourself, right as you're figuring out how you want to live your life. You get to see who you're becoming, and you set it up to suit you. And it will change as you change."

Bledel's soft voice goes even softer.

"It's hard to make plans, though," she says. "I want to keep acting, if I can keep getting roles I like. But there are so many things to do in the world. It's hard to know when this will end - and what will begin after."
Old 05-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh I Like her last words they sound really honestly and thank you for the article,it's so interesting to read about her!

Quote:
"It's hard to make plans, though," she says. "I want to keep acting, if I can keep getting roles I like. But there are so many things to do in the world. It's hard to know when this will end - and what will begin after."
Old 05-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Passionate Fan

thanx for the pictures ilovetheshins and ... wow ... WOW .... WOW
and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who can't really find the right words ...

(ok, I'm not a guy, but man she looks so damn hot ... )