Elite Fan

Some pictures are up at www.alexisbledelfan.com

here are some more ... Maggie Grace & Alexis Bledel

Last edited by Honey-Girl; 04-30-2006 at 03:27 AM
Old 04-30-2006, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
Blah! Wish I knew you had to be friends with the cast and crew to get in before I showed more than an hour and half early to try to get tickets. I'll rant later when I'm in a bit of a better mood.
Aww. I'm sorry you weren't able to get tickets.

Yvonne - thanks so much for posting those pics! I like her dress and shoes. Not sure about the hair though. It's a bit bushy. And that's the third time we see her with Maggie Grace at an event. Maybe they're friends?

Last edited by madelen; 04-30-2006 at 03:55 AM
Old 04-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

Sorry about the double post, but here are some more pics. Found at gettyimages.com

Old 04-30-2006, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

thnx for the new pics from the premiere.. she looks gorgeous

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 04-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Here was my experience. Left my house sometimes after 3pm. Got in Manhattan sometime before 4. For some reason the entrances to all the train stations by the SI Ferry were blocked so I had to walk it. Took about 20 minutes to walk. Was a huge standby line.. but luckily that was for Jesus Camp. The line for Reed Fish was far more reasonable.

Got a bit nervous because a large portion of Jesus Camp which went back REALLY far didn't get in. But quite a few did.

The first cast member to show up was Jay Baruchel who gave a ticket to someone he knew in the crowd. He returned later with more tickets for friends the guy who was contacting on his cell phone. There was also someone who wrote one of the songs Schuyler Fisk sung who was on his cell phone getting friends to come because he could hook them up.

Alexis and the rest of the cast arrived. Tried to get out and take a few pictures. Was rather crowded so hard to get anything. Was yelled at by one of the officials there saying only people with press passes had permission to take pictures of the cast. He used his walkie-talkie to ask for more security. I think I would've been fine. But didn't want to risk it so got back into line. Never had that happen to me before at a film festival. Only blury shot I was able to get. Not very good and was able to get it since the camera I got had a pretty good zoom.

For all the talk of people saying Alexis is pregnant when she wears baggy clothes and anorexic when she wears skimpier clothes she looked pretty normal. Thin and about the weight you'd expect from an actress model. Thin and healthy. You could probably fit two Nora Zehetners (Laynie from Everwood) in one Alexis Bledel.

Shiri, a blonde I don't know the name of, and DJ Qualls was there. Blonde didn't look like Schuyler Fisk so I assume it's someone else.

Krysten Ritter (Gia, the clueless daughter of Steve Guttenberg's character on Veronica Mars) was there. She was friendly and wandered about in the crowd and posed for a few pictures for people before she went in. Had a very pleasant voice. Looked very striking. And taller than I expected.

They were supposed to figure out how many seats they had left and start selling us tickets at 5:45 but that never happened. The people immediately in front of and in back of me in line were able to find contacts inside to get them in and of course called friends to drop by. In fact there was some guy who exited the theatre around 6pm who was laughing and mocking us before he went back inside. He said "the band" was giving away tickets right now and we should all go home because there would be nothing left for us. One of the few people who was honest with us.

Until we were sent home there were people on cell phones just in front of the line calling people to get them to come and people giving out tickets. In the end they did give out a handful tickets and sent the rest of us home. From talking with one of the people at Tribeca they had originnaly reserved 100 tickets.

If they had started counting how many spaces were left at 5:45 and started selling us those seats on time rather than making us wait another 45 minutes while people with connections to the movie try to coax their friends and family in Manhattan to run over because there was still space I would've gotten in.

Just thought I'd point out I've been to a few Tribeca and NY Film Festival screenings including a few this year and none of them were run this way. It was a corrupt process and if I had arrived an hour earlier it probably wouldn't have made much difference unless say Alexis hooked me. Damn Alexis. Gonna have to send her an angry email for not taking care of me.

Rest of the screenings are on weekdays. Not sure I could make any of them. Though they should be a LOT easier because since none of the people associated with the movie will be there all the tickets won't be siphoned off. And quite frankly not sure I want to since my enthusiasm for this movie has fiminished markedly.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself

Last edited by Raja; 04-30-2006 at 01:38 PM
Old 04-30-2006, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Oh, that doesn't sound like a fun experience. That was really sucky of those poeple to start calling others who weren't even coming to see the movie in the first place and get them tickets, and not to the people standing in line. Not fair at all.

Hopefully you'll make it to one of the screenings next week. Don't let this experience make you miss the movie. Someone over at the Shiri board was telling it was a cute and funny movie. So, don't miss it, if you have the chance to see it!

And hey, at least you got to see Alexis!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

more for my fans of Alexis

Old 04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Thank you Yvonne! I know many want to see the pics without watermarks, so a BIG thank you for posting them!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you like them
Old 05-01-2006, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

A really big thank you from me too Honey-Girl
Old 05-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Reed Fish's comments on the premiere.

Quote:
People laughed. I cried.

So I kind of broke down (just a little bit) during the Q&A. Some nice girl asked how it felt to be there last night premiering the movie in front of all these people, at this big festival, with all the press and the photographers, and friends and family, and all the goodwill and everyone from the movie. I choked up, but managed to get across that it felt really really great.

The screening went as well as I could have hoped. People did laugh. Our friend Diana said she cried at one of the big emotional moments. In general people seemed to enjoy it.

That's LD and I in front of the press tent outside the theater. I walked the line, flashbulbs popping. Completely surreal.

So those are our outfits that I've been talking about all this time. We don't have a full-length picture on our camera, but I'm sure someone does, and when I get one, I'll post it here.

I'll blog more later, after my hangover recedes a bit more. But I will say it was one of the best nights of life.

Easily.

Sounds like it was a success. You can find his pics from the premiere at his log here: reedfish.blogspot.com (just click on the photos link in his most recent post). There aren't that many pics uploaded yet, but I did find a pic of the movie poster.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I love the movie poster!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

I like it too. Alexis looks pretty.

ETA: We've reached 25,000 posts (again)!

Last edited by madelen; 05-01-2006 at 08:28 AM
Old 05-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:14 AM
New Fan

thanks for the pics honey-girl.
and she looks great in the movie poster