Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news Erin
Old 04-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Addicted Fan

I just found an article from Variety about a Sisterhood Sequel!

Quote:
Warner Bros. stitching new 'Pants'
Hamri to direct 'Sisterhood' sequel

Alcon and Warner Bros. have fitted director Sanaa Hamri into a sequel to the 2005 film "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." The original core ensemble -- America Ferrera, Amber Tamblyn, Alexis Bledel and Blake Lively -- are all in talks to reprise.

Plan is to begin production June 3, starting in Greece, then moving to New York and Connecticut. The challenge on the sequel has been squaring the availability of the actresses because of TV series commitments, but the hope is that all the actresses return.

Ferrera's career has taken off as the title character of "Ugly Betty." Tamblyn is awaiting word from CBS on a pickup of "Babylon Fields," the Michael Cuesta-directed drama pilot that also stars Ray Stevenson ("Rome"). Bledel had been expected to be done with "Gilmore Girls," but it is now looking like a strong possibility that the show will return. Lively has "Gossip Girls."

Scripted by "Pants" co-writer Elizabeth Chandler, the sequel uses as its foundation "Forever in Blue," the fourth installment of the "Pants" novel series by Ann Brashares. Bits of the second and third books will also be used. The girls once again take different paths during the summer, but remain bonded by a pair of secondhand pants they take turns wearing.

Now college age, the girls have storylines that take place in Turkey, Greece, New York, Vermont and Providence. They faced some heavy dilemmas in the original film, but the sequel concentrates on issues 19-year old girls deal with. While the original film was PG rated, the sequel is likely to be PG-13.

Morocco-born Hamri directed videos with Mariah Carey, Prince, Jay-Z and others before making her feature debut on the Focus Features romantic comedy "Something New." She's repped by ICM.

Alcon is financing the film, which will be released by WB. Debra Martin Chase, Denise Di Novi are producing with Alcon partners Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Kira Davis, Alison Greenspan and Leslie Morgenstein are exec producers.

Alcon just wrapped the Richard LaGravanese-directed "P.S. I Love You," which stars Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler. WB releases the film Dec. 21.
Another article can be found here!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Are you serious?! That's wonderful news. Even though I love the books and wished they would stay true to them for the most part, I love that they're gonna make it a more grown-up version, using 19 yrs old characters, and it being probabley PG-13 wow.

More news will probabley come out and we'll probabley know whether Alexis is in for sure soon, since production starts June 3rd.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffytaffy4life (View Post)
Are you serious?! That's wonderful news. Even though I love the books and wished they would stay true to them for the most part, I love that they're gonna make it a more grown-up version, using 19 yrs old characters, and it being probabley PG-13 wow.

More news will probabley come out and we'll probabley know whether Alexis is in for sure soon, since production starts June 3rd.
I wondered what they would do for a sequel and I like this idea of using the fourth book. I think that most of them are too old to be playing 17 year olds so I think this is a good solution!
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 PM
New Fan

More Info RE: Alexis Bledel in "I'm Reed Fish"

[QUOTE=madelen;14733694]

Banner by ebeth

Old Thread

New Alexis Bledel film "I'm Reed Fish" opens in theatres June 1st!

Opening city will be June 1st New York City, with more dates and cities to be added soon!

Here's a link to the official trailer: YouTube - I'm Reed Fish movie trailer

This film was made on a VERY tight budget and we are trying to promote the film in a grass roots fashion.

I invite anybody to visit the official film website and join to receive news about Alexis, the film, and the cities it will open in.

Film website: www.myspace.com/imreedfish

Thanks so much for your time! The film is great and we hope you'll like it too!

All Ears Music
Music Supervisor
"I'm Reed Fish"
Old 04-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

I just finished reading Forever In Blue and not the best book of the series and i wish the movies would follow the actual storylines from the book, and i wish they would have done the other two movies, but Lena's storyline is intersting in the final book.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

Thanks again Katie for the article It would be great if Alexis would do that movie. I hope they all have time to do it ...

Sarah I like that they are making a more adult version of it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgirl (View Post)
but Lena's storyline is intersting in the final book.
Oh, that sounds great. I've only read the first book, so it's good to hear that if Alexis does do the movie, that she will have a good storyline.

mrrecord Thanks for all the links. We're all very excited about this movie. I just hope we get more release cities soon.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Thanx for the great news about SOTP2!
Old 04-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Total Fan

Katie- Thanks so much for posting that . I hope its true. I ed the 4th book and I can't wait to see all 4 girls together again.

mrrecord- Thanks for the links.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:41 AM
New Fan

New Bledel Film: 2nd "I'm Reed Fish" city announced!

And it's Austin, Texas!!!! Mark your calendars for June 8th, one week after our New York premiere!

More cities announced soon!
OFFICIAL TRAILER: YouTube - I'm Reed Fish- Coming to Theaters Nationwide June 1st
Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

You beat me too it

Reed announced this on his myspace blog for all of you Texas fans!

Quote:
2nd I'm Reed Fish city announced!

And it's Austin, Texas!!!! Mark your calendars for June 8th, one week after our New York premiere!

More cities announced soon!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Thanks to you both for that

Anyone here from NYC or Austin? Besides Erin of course. Btw, are you planning to go see it again Erin?

Last edited by madelen; 04-24-2007 at 12:09 PM
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Of course I am going to see it again. I loved it! I am helping Reed with the promoting for the movie in NY so I am going to go to the pre party on May 31st in NYC and then see the movie. Reed and the rest of the cast and crew should be proud for all they have accomplished.

I will keep you updated when I hear of other cities and places I'm Reed Fish will be opening at.

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the I'm Reed Fish news
Old 04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Of course I am going to see it again. I loved it! I am helping Reed with the promoting for the movie in NY so I am going to go to the pre party on May 31st in NYC and then see the movie. Reed and the rest of the cast and crew should be proud for all they have accomplished.

I will keep you updated when I hear of other cities and places I'm Reed Fish will be opening at.

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
Great, I'm the one throwing the party May 31st at The Rodeo Bar! I was the music supervisor for "I'm Reed Fish"