Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Total Fan

Those pics are great!! She is so beautiful!!!

Can't wait to read the article!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheshins
Those pictures are amazing (and would make great avis - hint hint :wink, and I really like what she says. So straightforward and forthcoming about her opinions, now that she is less shy in expressing them.
I read the Seventeen article at Barnes and Nobles and I have to say I think it's the best article I've read about her. And the first one that seemed to give you an actual sense of her and didn't seem overly posed.

What I mean by that is usually in articles they'll ask her about a few things in the press clippings we all heard about going back to when she was first cast as Rory. And she'll say a few cryptic words vaugely agreeing. And usually she is very well guarded in what she says in a way where you can't really make heads or tails from it.

You can tell she was a little less guarded in that she did say a few things that you'd normally expect her to catch before they came out of her mouth. IE she's supposed to be promoting "sisterhood" with the current movie that's out. Not saying she that in the past she prefered guy friends because girls are "catty" and that she prefers female friends outside of her professional because female actresses can get so competitive. You'd normally expect her to stick to the party line.

Comments I loved the most in the article is when she mentioned her friends laughing about all the attention she's getting and everyone kissing up to her. "You're cool, but you're not THAT cool."

It also had a narrative and she actually explained things and put them into focus. IE most articles are content to mention her parents enrolled her in a bunch of stuff including a play or two because she was shy. She recognized she isnt as outgoing as most people but didn't really see it as much of an issue. Usually her friends are more outgoing and prod her if she's holding back.

She sounded a lot more confident about her career path saying that her goal right now is try to pick the right roles so she has a career to build upon once Gilmore Girls ends. Also of course took another opportunity to whine about her long hours. And how movie scheduless are so much more reasonable. Article made her seem very organized, serious, and ambitious.

On Milo she dodged and talked abstractly about love. Which I actually found kinda interesting because she seemed to have much more of a male than a romantic female perspective on it.

The pictures in the magazine I actually didnt think much of. I thought her face was overly airbrushed and made her skin look too porcelain. And the clothes were completely uninteresting.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have the magazine...I'll start scanning shortly !
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Old 06-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Here are the scans of the article for you. I agree with Raj; the article was more detailed and off-the-cuff than her usual interviews, and though the pics were great as usual, they just seemed 'teen magazine subdued'.

And as usual the HQs can be found in this Yahoo Briefcase folder. All I ask for is credit if you use these on another site .

| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories

Last edited by Nate the Lizaphile; 06-03-2005 at 07:17 PM
Old 06-03-2005, 07:06 PM
New Fan

thanks for the scans
Old 06-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

god she's so pretty.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Total Fan

Wow!! Those are amazong ! Thanks!! That was a great article .
Old 06-03-2005, 07:53 PM
New Fan

hey everyone, i found some video clips of Alexis and the other girls from the movie, here is the link:

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/video...&mi=Interviews

and thanks for the articles, it does give us a better perspective on Alexis' personality.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for that link!! I'll have to check it out !!

There is a couple of interview of Alexis at Visions of Alexis
Old 06-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for everything Nate!!

Alexis looks lovely.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacey_4eva
hey everyone, i found some video clips of Alexis and the other girls from the movie, here is the link:

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/video...&mi=Interviews
Thanks. They mentioned Alexis doing a beatbox(!?!?!?) Oh that's something else we need to see besides her breakdancing.

And thanks for the scans Nate.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 06-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for the scans and the pics. And the movie clips!

Alexis looks pretty in those Seventeen pics, and I loved the article. I like how she doesn't pretend, how she didn't stick to the party line, you mentioned Raja.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Addicted Fan

God she looks just...unbelievable,thanks for the scans!!!!!!

And thanks for the clip,her voice is sooo cute!

And some news Alexis has been on Access Hollywood

here: http://unapologetic-mockers.net/Spec...umbs/caps.html

Last edited by *shiny girl*; 06-04-2005 at 12:42 AM
Old 06-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the scans! I still haven't gotten my magazine, which causes me to have a little beef with Seventeen.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Alexis was on ET on VH1/MTV today. they always replay it on sundays. they had her talking about the seventeen shoot and what they were going for. they glanced over stuff in the article, how she was discovered, being shy, milo and love. they didnt say anything that isnt in the article. they did read/show the quote about love not being what it is in the movies, and what society makes it out to be, etc.
I am proud to be a spoiler-whore!