Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alexis&Lauren #4: Because "I’ll always have a sense of looking out for her." ~LG

Welcome to the 4th Alexis&Lauren Appreciation thread!
Fans
001. autumn_hope
002. ~Phoenix~
003. AllieCat60
004. anettbianka
005. Ruby_Slippers
006. go_clo
007. VanessaLapierre
008. Peyton Scott
009. ~♥~My Lonely Angel~♥~
010. feels|like|home
011. alexis bledel the best
012. YoursToHold
013. Willow Fabian
014. AlwaysGilmore
015. blazing star
016. missygurl88

Quotes
From Alexis:
Is there anything you miss about working on 'Gilmore Girls'?
"I just had lunch with Lauren Graham [her mother, Lorelai, on the show]. I do miss working with her every day, but we still see each other. I saw her in 'Guys and Dolls' on Broadway, and she's amazing. I think I always liked the fact that I got to play a teenager that wasn't necessarily a stereotype that fit into like a high school category. [Rory] was more like a real person, even though I think she was quite idealized in some ways that I think were unrealistic. I was excited to play someone smart and driven and just have a different example on television for teenage audiences."
source

Alexis' thoughts on Lauren's performance in 'Guys and Dolls':
"I went last weekend. She's totally amazing. She sings beautifully, she dances... I was totally wowed."

"My favorite episode is the first one, the pilot. I’m not sure why, maybe it makes me sentimental in a way, it was my first acting job, and in it are the first few scenes Lauren and I shot together with seven years of working closely to follow."

From Lauren:
Question: What is the cast of Gilmore Girls like,...?
"...I have such a nice friendship with Alexis, and we are completely different. Alexis is the girl who plays Rory. She's a very quiet person, she kind of fell into acting. I wanted to be an actor from the time I was in sixth or seventh grade. She, is from a small-ish town in Texas and is having her first years in Los Angeles and doesn't go out a whole lot and, you know, is very kind of, um, not chatty person. And we have such a wonderful working relationship and I feel so thankful, to have become her friend. And I just think it's just an interesting, lesson in, I don't know, how two people who are very different can really work well together and, and um, and balance each other out. We really have become a nice team." SMASH Event June 13, 2003

Question: You and your TV daughter, Alexis Bledel, have great chemistry onscreen. You must be close pals offscreen, too?
"I'm so lucky to have Alexis. We're close in a specific kind of way. She's a perfect partner. We really help each other get through those long days. Our birthdays are six months apart exactly so, astrologically speaking, we're opposites. And I think we complement each other in a way that I'm really thankful for."

Question: In this film you’re working with Olivia Thirlby and Kat Dennings, who are both up and coming young actresses. When you’re working with girls that age, do you have a sense of mentorship or passing down your knowledge?
"Mostly the idea of striving to do a good job, but I really relate to them as peers.
It was the same thing when I was working with Alexis [Bledel] on Gilmore Girls, which was her first big job. In that situation, we became friends over a long period of time, and I’ll always have a sense of looking out for her, and wanting to know what she’s doing. I’m always available should she have questions."
source

Question: Watching your mother/daughter adventures on Gilmore Girls. Do you dream of having a daughter of your own?"
"Sure. I love having kids in my life. And it's not at all the same, but I know a lot of teenagers — more than some moms I know — and I've been really, really lucky to have two amazing kids on my show who I love spending time with. Of course, Alexis [Bledel, who played her daughter on Gilmore Girls] will always be my first."
[Source]

Mutual:
Alexis: "For me, I was in high school, and I think The WB was kind of starting so --"
Lauren: "You watched "Dawson's Creek" when we started."
Alexis: "Everybody watched "Dawson's Creek."
Lauren: "Not everybody watched it, you watched."

Picture of the Thread

Last edited by Magnus Bane; 04-01-2012 at 11:47 AM
Old 12-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

love the new op.
DuncanღVeronica SamღAndy ChrisღGail DawsonღJoey PaceyღAndie NathanღHaley JakeღPeyton LucasღBrooke SeanღEmma CraigღManny DanღSerena She is my partner she is my business Nick to Andy credit to isis2015 for avi
Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's the same op as before, but I'm glad you like it
Old 12-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! I love the title.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

She always has such great things to say about Alexis.

Thanks for the new thread, Rae.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

she does

you're welcome guys!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

I hope she'll mention Alexis again soon in a new interview!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes! and vice versa
Old 12-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yes! Alexis mentioning Lauren would be just as great.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

basically they just need to chat one another up all the time
Old 12-17-2011, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

They should totally bring up each other in every interview.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure they could find a way to sneak each other into their interviews if they tried.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

it wouldn't be too hard for them to do
Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

I think it was Lauren (or Alexis?) who said that they keep in touch and message each other in the holidays. I hope they even visit each other this year!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

awww I wonder if they send one other gifts