Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

Me too! I hope I can see it in Germany
Old 05-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen
And btw, was Alexis at the party with Maggie Grace? 'Cause there have been a few pics of them together at some events, and I thought that they might be friends?
They did show up to the after party together because the walked in and leaned over my friends and I at the bar which we were pretty pissed about lol, and they stayed inside for a couple minutes then put their drinks on the bar and left.
They definitely seemed to be good friends
Old 05-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Hi Kristen! Glad you decided to stop by.

And thanks for that info. So, you were at the premiere too? Want to tell us about your experience? What did you think of the movie?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

the premier was a lot of fun. I got there early with my friends because they didn't have tickets. When the cast got there Shiri walked by me and remembered me from the previous times I had met her and said hello, and then went inside and I talked to her more in there.

The movie was really cute. It wasn't anything like I had expected. Alexis didn't say anything during the Q&A, but I went up to her afterwards because my friend absolutely loves her and I asked if she would take a picture with my friend, which she did, but she didn't seem too happy about it. I don't want to rain on your parades but she wasn't very nice, which really disappointed me. She almost seemed like she felt she was better than everyone else there. Maybe she just wasn't having a good day, I don't know, but she just kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Overall though, the premier was tons of fun! You guys would really enjoy the movie.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad you liked the movie. I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

I'm sorry that you didn't get a good impression of Alexis. But like you said, maybe she was having a bad day. She is, I understand, pretty shy and reserved, so that might also be a reason for the impression you got of her.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Behrsgirl1230: Thanks for giving us your honest impressions. Appreciate that. Not even Alexis can walk on water all the time. Just most of the time.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-21-2006, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Jet posted this over at the news thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1945
Just out on Variety -

I'm Reed Fish has been picked up for international distribution.

Article.
Wonderful news!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

An article of "I'm Reed Fish" at ContentFilm.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that Yvonne! I'm gonna add that to the first post.

"starring a fantastic hot young cast"
"this hilarious, charming and sweetly emotional coming-of-age comedy, follows the laid-back, cool (if a little goofy!) Reed Fish" ...

We need a banner for the first post.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

There was a good review of the movie in Variety, which you can read here: (BUT BEWARE - the review includes a bit of a spoiler - so don't read if you don't want to know too much!)

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryid=31&cs=1
Old 08-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Passionate Fan

So do we have any more information on I'm Reed Fish?

Old 08-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

I'm afraid not, Katie. All we know is that it has been picked up for international distribution. But we have no clue what the release dates are gonna be. Hopefully we'll get to see it soon.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Posting the news here as well.

Quote:
Alright, on to the news: Release date for the movie. Ummmmm, well, still no exact date, however, I do have some inside information which I can't really talk about publicly. But I'll give you a hint: It will probably come out in a month that rhymes with Napril.

Even though we haven't even had our theatrical run yet, you can, as of now, save I'm Reed Fish in your Netflix queue! Go here if you have a Netflix account. And no, I have no idea when it will be out on DVD, I'm guessing 3 to 4 months after the theatrical run.

Also, majorly important is that fact that we've started a MySpace page for the movie. You totally need to check it out and be our MySpace friend! There are stills from the movie and will be plenty more stuff there as we near that aforementioned confidential release date. Also posted on our MySpace page (and as a bonus I'm putting it on here too) is our poster:

from reedfish.blogspot.com

Seems like we don't have to wait for too long for it too be released!

Here's the link to the MySpace page: www.myspace.com/imreedfish
Old 01-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for bringing the news over Mad. I can't wait for this film. I really want to see! Plus I can't wait for it to be realised!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I got to see I'm Reed Fish when I attened the premier and after party for at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival in April in NYC.

In the movie Alexis plays Kate Peterson who is the local Beauty. If anyone was to be voted Homecoming Queen in High school it would be Kate. Everyone in the town of Mud Meadow's knows the local beauty being Kate works at her dad's car dealership.

Kate is engaged to the lead Reed Fish played by Jay Baruchel a local DJ who works for his mom's local radio station and reports the local news on his town radio and on the local channel TV channel.

Kate and Reed share a special bond being both Kates mom and Reeds dad were killed in the same a car accident when they were kids. Everyone is getting ready for the wedding of Kate and Reed that will be taking place in a few weeks when one of Reeds old high school friends and Kates fellow high school classmate Jill Cavanaugh played by Schuyler Fisk comes to town.

Reed is at a cross roads in his life as to what he wants to do and finds comfort in his old friend Jill who he might still be in love with causing tension between Reed and Kate.

It gets even worse when Jill is asked to play at Kates cousins Andrew played by DJ Qualls wedding.

Don't want to give too much of the movie away. You can read it all on the spolier thread.

Over all I loved I'm Reed Fish I found it to be funny interesting creative and a over all great story. I think you can rent it off of Net Flicks and I hope it comes out on DVD very soon!

Photos at Tribeca seeing I'm Reed Fish

The I'm Reed Fish Poster.

Me by the poster

Alexis inside the press box

Alexis chatting with Maggie Grace in the press box

The cast during the question and answer Alexis is the one all in black at the end.

Alexis outside at the after party at the Hideaway in NYC talking to her fellow co-stars

Here is the photo of Alexis and me at the after party

My Encounter of meeting Alexis

I got to meet Alexis Bedel at the after party at the bar called The Hideaway for her movie I'm Reed Fish at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival in NYC.

It was funny I saw her at one point during the after party talking on her cell phone and looked like she was in a fight with who ever she was talking to on the phone with. So she came inside and was right near me at the bar. She ordered a drink but didn't like it so she put it down on the bar and went out side to catch some air.

So my friend Stacie who is a huge Gilmore Girl fan took her drink and we all drank out if it and were saying "We are drinking out of Rory Gilmore's drink" It was pretty funny. Alexis ordered a Cap Coder in case you were wondering.

After wards we were outside getting ready to leave. I was saying my goodbyes to the producer Peter and his PA Heather for thanking them for inviting us. I really pulled my magic getting me and my friends into the after party. It was a wonderful time. So worth it.

So while I was saying my goodbyes I noticed Alexis talking to one of her co stars outside. I told my friends I would be right back and that I wanted to meet her and get a photo. My friends said to me good luck being they tried and said she was kind of stand offish and snobbish ot them and that it was hard to get individual photos let alone photos at all and that they were lucky they got a group shot with her.

I didn't listen to them and I went for it being they were getting ready to leave any minute and I knew this was my chance. Plus I have been a fan of hers since Gilmore Girls and I also wanted to have a photo to share with this board as well.

So I went up to Alexis. I think she was having a bad night from what I observed. I felt kind of bad for her. So I was really nice and gave her her space which I think she respected as she was talking to her fellow co star. I think she must have seen me talking to Peter and Heather before and assumed I was friends with the I'm Reed Fish cast because she was nice to me.

I told her how I loved her in the movie and I didn't mention Gilmore Girls at all which I think she was happy about. I asked her for a photo and she smiled and said "sure". We then took the photo. I think in a way I made her night. At least I hope so.

My friends were in shock when I told them I got a photo with her. I guess a little kindness goes a long way. It was great to meet Alexis. Over all I am not going to say anything bad about her because lets face it we are human and all have bad nights and she was very nice to me so what more could I ask for. Oh and Yes Alexis is very tall and skinny. But she looked great at the I'm Reed Fish Permier.

Over all it was a wonderful experince meeting her and showing my support for her film I'm Reed Fish. She was wonderful in it.

Here is the photo of Alexis and me

Over all it was a great experince. Hope you guys have more wonderful Alexis fan encounters to share and that yours was as nice as mine.

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 03-02-2007 at 06:11 PM