Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Maz~
thanks for the pics madelen. we havent managed to get a shot of Alexis (other than her feet) while filming have we?
Sorry about the double post, but now we have a pic of Alexis at the movie set (I think)- Gen posted the pic in the picture thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Genevieve-
There's a new pic of Alexis from the I'm Reed Fish movie blog here. We actually see her face and everything. Not just feet. Hee.

Old 07-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Yay! A real pic from the set! Thanks for posting that pic!. Aww Alexis is so small.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, she looks tiny next to the others. Especially next to the writer.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Just realized I forgot to post the other quickie DJ and Alexis pic I did. Wonder if they have a love scene together?

I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

That's hilarious, Raja! About the love scene...I heard that Alexis' character does not have a relationship with either DJ Qualls or Jay Baruchel...

They've updated the imdb page, and added more of the cast. Like Katey Segal, Victor Rasuk (he was in Lords of Dogtown, haven't seen it. Was it good? Was he good?), AJ Cook who was in Higher Ground and The Virgin Suicides.

So what do you guys think of the cast?

ETA: This from the writers recent entry:

Quote:
I saw another cut of the movie again the other night, by the way. I don't want to raise expectations too high, but I think that we're going to have a good movie.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, it was filmed in Big Bear?? My family owned a cabin in Big Bear when I was little and we'd go up there to play in the snow during the winter. How cool. Can't wait for this to come out. Thanks for all the information!
i shall be queen i put it on my cheeks
Old 09-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

Hey ameliee! Welcome to the board, we're happy to have you here. Please stop by the intro thread sometime.

Yeah, the movie was filmed in Big Bear. And I can't wait for this movie to come out either!
What did you think of the rest of the cast?

ETA: Alexis talks about I'm Reed Fish:

Quote:
With a starring role in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," a scene-stealing performance in "Sin City," and the sixth season of "Gilmore Girls" about to hit the airwaves, 23-year-old Alexis Bledel is making a name for herself in Hollywood. But she isn't above taking on some heavier lifting in lower-budgeted projects. "I just finished an independent one called 'I'm Reed Fish,' " she said. "It was really fun to shoot. We had a young group, and it was a really great time." The drama, which also stars "Lords of Dogtown" breakout Victor Rasuk and "Hustle & Flow" actor DJ Qualls, focuses on a collection of eccentric small-town characters. "It's basically about Reed Fish, he's the main character, he lives in a really small town, and it all has a 'Napoleon Dynamite' kind of feel to it. It's a super-small town, and he has to figure out what his situation is with the girls that he's dating. I play his fiancee; it's sort of a slice-of-life kind of thing." After acting in several studio productions, Bledel said she leapt at the chance to reconnect with something more bare-bones. "It was nice; it's a fun change of pace. I've been looking to always do a lot of different things, so this was fun. [Independents] keep it interesting."
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml
Old 09-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the welcome madelen! I'll stop by the introduction thread and say hi.
i shall be queen i put it on my cheeks
Old 10-04-2005, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

This from the writers blog:

Quote:
I saw the final picture cut of the movie on Saturday when Jay and Victor came in to do ADR. The final cut is really tight and funny and beautiful and... I'm just gonna leave it at that. But suffice to say I'm really happy.
Sounds good.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Anyone made any caps of the trailer? Or a banner? Icons?

Last edited by madelen; 04-16-2006 at 02:34 PM
Old 04-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Just sending this over. And to let you know that tonight Alexis will be on The Late Show with David Letterman so be sure to check it out!

Quote:
Stolen from Reed Fish's blog:
--------------------------------------------------------
Monday, April 10

Sold Out!

Originally uploaded by reedfish.
Yeah, so our premiere on the 29th sold out in the first few hours after tickets went on sale on Saturday. Our final showing on the 3rd sold out today. So that means that we only have two screenings that still have tickets available (although, I think they hold a few tickets for walkup sales on the day of the screening, but I don't know how many of those tickets there are.) Buy your tickets now if you want to get in on either the 1st or 2nd!

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 16

I have half an outfit.

Originally uploaded by reedfish.
After days and days of shopping, I have finally gotten something that I think I can wear to the premiere. I know that all of you out there in internetville are breathing a giant sigh of relief right now. But still, please keep those fingers crossed for me a little longer, because I still need pants.

This is a picture LD took of me on set back in June (I blogged it on July 1st, but I don't care, I'm repeating it for a reason, which you'll learn in the next sentence.) I'm posting it today because it was the photograph that accompanied an article that appeared in the Sacramento Bee on Friday (you need register --for free-- to read the article.) There is a rumor that it is going to be reprinted in the Red Bluff Daily News later in the week. This whole deal with the movie finally being shown and Tribeca and articles and Brazilian blogs and everything is getting more surreal by the minute.

I guess Alexis is going to be on The Late Show with David Letterman on Wednesday. And apparently they're going to let her talk about the movie a little bit, so set your TiVo's. Now that will be surreal. Except if she can't talk about the movie. Then it will just be Alexis on Letterman, not talking about the movie and not surreal at all.

Sometimes for fun, I read the message boards for I'm Reed Fish on our imdb page. My favorite (really, I think it's great!) posting is from a couple days ago and is the only post under the topic "Title." It's by "no_axel" and in its entirety reads: "If this film isn't about Reed Fish, which it doesn't appear to be, he strikes me as a pompous ass."

Like I said, it gets more surreal by the minute.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Stolen from the Sacramento Bee

Red Bluff screenwriter's film to debut at Tribeca festival
By Christine Vovakes -- Bee Correspondent
Published 2:15 am PDT Friday, April 14, 2006
Story appeared in Metro section, Page B4

RED BLUFF - Reed Fish likes the small town roots that growing up in Red Bluff gave him.

Those roots spawned a place called Mud Meadows in his fictionalized coming-of-age screenplay, "I'm Reed Fish," which will have its world premiere April 29 at New York's Tribeca Film Festival.

"Reed is obviously a great new talent and we want to put that on display," the festival senior programmer David Kwok said. "Hopefully he'll be one of the next bright stars of Tribeca."

Fish, a 32-year-old Red Bluff native who now lives in Los Angeles, never intended to be a screenwriter. He earned a degree in art with an emphasis on photography at San Francisco State University. But working in a photo gallery in the city fostered a desire to produce and direct movies.

"I always wanted to get those framed pictures to move," he said. "I didn't know anyone who had a script. So I wrote one myself."

He jumped into the venture five years ago and finished the first draft in a few months. During peripatetic moves to New York City, Sacramento and finally Los Angeles, he polished the original. Two years after beginning the screenplay, he sold what he thought was the final version.

"But I've done numerous rewrites since then," he said. Turning the script into a film was "a long, arduous process, and gut-wrenchingly difficult. There were so many ups and downs."

Co-founded by Robert De Niro in response to the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, the community-based Tribeca festival showcases mainstream and independent films. Growing from its original five days in 2002, the festival will be 13 days this year. Nearly 2,000 feature films were submitted this year; 174 were selected for screening.

Fish graduated from Red Bluff Union High School in 1991. He credits English and drama teacher Cleo Gambetta for having "a profound influence on me and on the course of my life."

High school theater "was the first time I was able to access the creative part of myself," he said.

Gambetta is delighted by her former pupil's success, but not surprised.

"Reed is talented and focused," she said. "He's sensitive, free of perimeters and boundaries. And also very funny."

Humor and romance fuel the plot of "I'm Reed Fish," directed by Zackary Adler and starring Alexis Bledel from the TV series "Gilmore Girls" and Jay Baruchel from "Undeclared."

"I'm really ready for the movie to be out there. It's been a private experience for so long, but it's not mine anymore," he said. "Letting it go is somewhat bittersweet, but it's a big relief."

Fish is slightly amused by publicity generated by the festival.

Will he don black tie for the occasion?

"I'm not certain," he said. "But I'll definitely wear my good shoes."
I can't wait to go to the permier of I'm Reed Fish on April 29th and to tell you all about it!!

I am also trying to even get into the I'm Reed Fish after party we shall see but it looks hopeful!. If I do I will be sure to report on all of the Alexis goodness and take tons of photos!!

Hope all is well. Keep on dreaming.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Thank you for bringing over all that info, Erin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00
I can't wait to go to the permier of I'm Reed Fish on April 29th and to tell you all about it!!

I am also trying to even get into the I'm Reed Fish after party we shall see but it looks hopeful!. If I do I will be sure to report on all of the Alexis goodness and take tons of photos!!
I'm looking forward to your report. Not too long anymore until the 29th!

ETA: Found this here: http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27265124.shtml

Quote:
THE BIG SCREEN SCENE:

After doing back-to-back sitcoms "Married With Children" and "8 Simple Rules," Katey Sagal found the world of independent flicks a change of pace. She costars in "I'm Reed Fish," which will soon be hitting the Tribeca Film Festival. What's the biggest difference? She laughs and responds, "Craft services. When you have a lower budget it's not quite as cushy, but sometimes that's where better material is. I really like this script, so I wanted to do it." The movie, which stars Alexis Bledel, DJ Qualls, and Jay Baruchel, has to do with a small-town radio disc jockey trying to fill the mic of his late father. Sagal plays his sidekick. She says, "This kid, Jay, who plays Reed, is fantastic."

Last edited by madelen; 04-20-2006 at 01:02 AM
Old 04-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Article I found about Tribeca and I'm Reed Fish Enjoy

Quote:
The movies that ate Manhattan

David Carr
New York Times News Service
Apr. 22, 2006 12:00 AM

NEW YORK - Imagine you are at the multiplex. There are 17 movies - indies, comedies, dark dramas, foreign films and documentaries. Most have something to recommend, and each one would meet at least someone's fancy, maybe yours. Surveying all the options, you wonder where to head first.

Now multiply by 10, and you have some idea of the scope of the Tribeca Film Festival, the downtown orgy of cinema that begins Tuesday with the premiere of "United 93" and winds down on May 7 with a lovingly restored version of the 1955 noir, "The Big Combo." The Tribeca Film Festival was conceived as a civic gesture to help the neighborhood get back on its feet after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and has mushroomed into the film fest that ate downtown. Last year, its fourth, it sold 135,000 tickets to over 700 screenings. This year there will be at least 764 screenings - 174 features and 100 shorts - bursting out of TriBeCa and heading even north of Columbus Circle.

It needn't eat you alive however. New Yorkers are terrified of missing anything, and they take their movies seriously, but there is no way even the most dedicated film aesthete in a great pair of running shoes could take in the whole festival. Choices must be made. There are dark little movies that reflect someone's deeply held personal vision and not much else, Hollywood hopefuls with bona fide stars, and all kinds of projected images in between. And that's not even counting the parties, the discussions, family events and the apres-cinema bar scene.
advertisement

"New York is a big town and has the biggest of everything, so it should not be daunted by having a huge festival," said Peter Scarlet, the executive director, who pointed out that Berlin, a much smaller city, has a festival with twice as many movies. By sheer numbers TriBeCa can be a bit of a crapshoot: Choose unwisely and you could end up in the cinematic equivalent of a table in crowded restaurant next to a really obnoxious, self-impressed grad student who doesn't know how to tell a story.

Still, what we've got here is a problem of opportunity. Downtown may still have a big hole in the middle of it, but nothing scares away the dark better than a movie projector. So let's not panic, or let paralysis set in in the face of too many choices. The festival, like New York, is really a series of niches that accrete into a very large whole. Last year the screening of "Ushpizin" was filled with Hasidic Jews - not your usual matinee crowd - and first- and second-generation Chinese-Americans flocked to "Red Doors."

"We have diverse cultures and diverse audiences coming to see films," said Jane Rosenthal, co-founder of the festival along with Robert De Niro. "We are working hard not to repeat ourselves and to have the festival be something that the audiences and the industry feel belongs to them."

Film festivals generally bring to mind madly texting people in black waiting to get in to the next big thing, but this festival is more democratic: It even has about 15 movies for kids, free drive-in movies and a street fair on Greenwich Avenue with all sorts of ways for the children to engage in controlled mayhem. Since the festival continues to vacuum up new movies - often with no discernible pattern - serendipity can be your friend: You could do a lot worse than walking up to the main festival box office on Laight Street at Canal and throwing a dart.

Let the scenesters compete in this year's treasure hunt for this year's version of "Transamerica," the TriBeCa-bred film that made it all the way to the Oscars thanks to Felicity Huffman's mind-and-gender-bending performance. Why not just take a flier on "The Journalist and the Jihadi: The Murder of Daniel Pearl" or "Fat Girls," a comedy directed by a 20-year-old about a young man who yearns for a leading man in his life and a turn on Broadway?

Probably better, though, to grab the hefty 48-page guide, which is easier to navigate this year and even has an Amazon-style preference indicator. (If you like "Wordplay," you'll flip for "Flock of Dodos.") In addition to a listing of all feature films, the guide has groupings by subject, so if you want to spend the next two weeks watching movies about the Iraq war or religion, Tribeca is there for you.

After spending some time talking to the film programmers at Tribeca - Nancy Schafer and David Kwok sifted through their share of dogs on your behalf - and some folks who would just as soon spend the rest of their lives in a dark room, we came up with a few ideas of our own. Given the torrent of movies, here are a few ways to paddle through the festival, whether you want to dip a toe in or go for the full immersion.

Feeding the incurable romantic
Edward Burns - he directs, he acts, he's cute as all get-out - is back, this time with "The Groomsmen," a tender look at men who are constitutionally opposed to maturity. And a pair of fish - "Kettle of Fish" and "I'm Reed Fish" - do that winsome thing that makes girls wistful and sensitive boys hold their hands. (Bonus star points in this one: Gina Gershon is the loveliest interest in "Kettle," and "Gilmore" girl Alexis Bledel shows up in "Reed.")

And then there's "The Treatment," in which a schoolteacher, freshly dumped, comes together with an alluring widow and firm-handed therapist to romantic ends. "Driving Lessons," replete with shy teenager, knowing older woman and the great, new world beyond, offers coming-of-age sparkle. And meet-cute gets complicated in "New York Waiting," which pivots around the Empire State Building and the city at its feet.

Reality with a bite
"Jesus Camp" is a documentary look at love of a more devotional sort; "Flock of Dodos" takes on the evolution-versus-intelligent-design debate to comic ends. "American Cannibal" is a tutorial in how fame and fortune - or a reality-television version of them - induce people to do really dumb stuff. And music and politics mix in "Lockdown, USA," about work by the hip-hop producer Russell Simmons and a passel of other music luminaries to repeal the Rockefeller drug laws.

"The Heart of the Game" is a "Hoop Dreams"-like riff on the round ball, a girl and the coach who tries to help her play between the lines. "The One Percent" features a scion of the superrich - Jamie Johnson of the Johnson & Johnson clan - discussing justice with other members of the elite as well as mere mortals like cabdrivers and disaster victims.

Real actual stars
The rule of thumb in New York is that it is declasse to get in a tizzy just because you walked by Philip Seymour Hoffman, but that does not mean that we don't enjoy the chance to pretend to ignore movie stars. "Lonely Hearts" contains more than sufficient wattage, with John Travolta and James Gandolfini playing lawmen to Jared Leto and Salma Hayek's murderous thugs. David Duchovny and Sigourney Weaver star in "The TV Set," a film about a show about a concept - well, you get the idea - directed by Jake Kasdan, son of the director Lawrence Kasdan.

Alec Baldwin has been turning up in a number of surprising roles, and "Mini's First Time," a comedic noir, should be worth a look. And you can see John Malkovich being someone else in "Colour Me Kubrick."

All cinema is local
It has been more than four years since the attacks of Sept. 11, which is about the length of time it takes the film industry to digest and produce stories about tectonic events. "United 93" is not the only take on those events at Tribeca: "The Heart of Steel," produced in partnership with the September 11th Families Association, chronicles volunteer heroism amid tragedy while "Saint of 9/11" is a tribute to the Rev. Mychal F. Judge, who died while ministering to victims amid a rain of debris.

In terms of ambassadors for New York, there would not be much argument with Rosie Perez, whose documentary, "Yo Soy Boricua, Pa'Que Tu lo Sepas!" ("I'm Boricua, Just So You Know!"), takes a long look at Puerto Rico through the prism of the city. The dark side of the city's immigrant narrative is on view in "Golden Venture," which follows the lives of the nearly 300 undocumented Chinese immigrants stashed in the hold of the merchant ship that ran aground in 1993.

There are plenty of Gothamic dramas as well, including "Fifty Pills," with Kristen Bell, star of "Veronica Mars," as the girlfriend of a young man in a spot who needs to sell 50 doses of Ecstasy to make his tuition payment. "East Broadway" takes Cinderella to Chinatown while the raconteur-with-kid-in-tow motif gets a workout in "Just Like the Son." Brooklyn gets it share of shout-outs, including "Brother's Shadow," about an ex-con whose real troubles begin when he is back at large.

Foreign, but not alien
"Madeinusa" is set in an Andean village, but has lavish contemporary resonance, while "Backstage" goes through the looking glass of celebrity culture both ways. You can see gobs of money spent on screen in "The Promise," the most expensive movie to come out of China ever, according to the program, with lots of action; an epic love triangle among a general, a slave and a princess; and lavish, period sets. Far cheaper to make, but probably no less interesting is "37 Uses for a Dead Sheep," a documentary about itinerants, forced out of country after country, who finally come to rest in a remote part of Turkey.

Buzz factories
There are a few movies that, because of cast, events or Hollywood potential, will be talked about throughout the festival. If you are making a movie like "Street Thief," about a criminal enterprise, there is always the possibility of collateral damage. One of its producers may not make the premiere. He was arrested on charges of armed robbery and kidnapping in connection with a truck hijacking in Illinois. "Civic Duty" is about an accountant, played by Peter Krause of "Six Feet Under," who flips his noodle over the terrorist threat. "Walker Payne" has a down-on-his-luck guy (Jason Patric) confronted by a series of Hobbesian choices presented by Drea de Matteo and Sam Shepard. "Alone With Her" features Hanks the younger - Colin, Tom's son - playing a creepy stalker who surveils his way into a young victim's life.

G-rated Tribeca
For those of you who have reproduced, but can't stand the thought of another homebound night with a DVD and microwave popcorn, Tribeca is getting more serious every year about programming for, by and about families. There is a street fair on May 6, and for the length of the festival there are movies children can see that will not leave their parents wanting to poke out their own eyes, including a remake of "Lassie" - will there be whistling? - and a documentary called "When Fried Eggs Fly," about a teacher who tried to get all the frogs in the wheelbarrow by training 150 children and parents to compose and perform an original piece of music.

When the lights go up
Half the fun, or perhaps more if you don't choose your movies wisely, occurs once the movie ends and you head out into the night: premiere parties and movie events that truly beckon. Any locals worth their ticket stubs know that a velvet rope is an invitation, not an obstacle. Strategies abound, including staying after the movie and chatting up the second director, making nice with employees at any of the major locations, or, when all else fails, a bat of the eyes, a flash of an impressive business card or the drop of a name that may or may not be exactly kosher.

For sheer theatricality and scale, the TriBeCa Grand Hotel is a good bet, as is the other Grand, the SoHo, up the way. SoHo: 323 will be the epicenter of a lot of nonsense and wonder, with a number of A-list events. If you want to wander, you could do worse than leave a trail of popcorn among clubs like Sugar, Libation, Aer and Velvet. When TriBeCa Cinemas does not have a nighttime event, the lower-level bar can be a spot where a lot of people in the business toe-touch, and you might want to do the same. The "Tribeca Talks" events, with chatters from Harold Ramis to T-Bone Burnett, will be scenes unto themselves.

(For those who are not fully movied out, there are a bunch of quirky midnight offerings, including "Air Guitar Nation," which explains itself perhaps too well, and "Hatchet," a slasher homage that promises "beer, beads and blood." Mardi Gras, anyone?)

If you've had enough of the industrial-strength stuff, get a folding chair and a bottle of beer in front of the Ear Inn in SoHo; on a warm spring night it is one of New York's seminal experiences, with or without a film festival.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 04-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that Erin.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

No problem! Glad you enjoyed the articles! I can't wait for Tribeca this weekend and to see I'm Reed Fish and maybe even meet Alexis Bledel!

Speaking about Tribeca

I just checked on the Tribeca Film Ferstival websight and they say that you can only get Door Sale tickets only for I'm Reed Fish for April 29th,May 1st, and May 3rd. Door Sale only means that the movie had a huge responce or that the show might be sold out and that tickets are very hard to get! I am so happy with the responce this movie is getting! Great job everyone for making I'm Reed Fish a success!!

madelen I love your Icon! Do you know if JP_Believer did anymore I'm Reed Fish ones?

Hope all is well. Keep on dreaming.

Love,
Erin