Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-05-2005, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Alexis in "I'm Reed Fish": More release cities are announced!

Banner by ordinary

I'm Reed Fish

Alexis is starring in this new independent film called "I'm Reed Fish".
You can find the official site here. You can watch the trailer here in this blog. The movie will be released in June 1st.

I'm Reed Fish has been picked up for distribution through Red Envelope Entertainment, a division of Netflix. The movie should be released in early 2007. More info here.

The movie has been picked up for international distribution. Read about it here.

I'm Reed Fish has a MySpace site, which you can find here: www.myspace.com/imreedfish

Genre: Comedy/Romance/Drama
Directed by Zackary Adler
Written by Reed Fish
Produced by Peter Alwazzan
and Akiva Goldsman

Quote:
"I'm Reed Fish," directed by Zackary Adler, written by Reed Fish (U.S.A.) - World Premiere.
Reed Fish's future seems set until an old crush returns to Mud Meadows and makes him contemplate whether he's living the life he wants or a life imposed on him by his hometown. This refreshing coming-of-age comedy features a sweet, clever script and stars Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel and Undeclared's Jay Baruchal.
An article of "I'm Reed Fish" at ContentFilm

Starring:
Alexis Bledel as Kate Peterson
DJ Qualls as Andrew
Jay Baruchel as Reed Fish
Tommy Dewey as Rex
Chris Parnell as Ralph
Schuyler Fisk as Jill Cavanaugh
Victor Rasuk as Frank Cortez
Katey Sagal as Maureen
A.J. Cook as Theresa
Shiri Appleby

The movie was filmed in Big Bear, California. Filming ended July 3rd.

This is what the writer had to say in his blog June 26th:

Quote:
And just for the record, the plot of the movie that is circulating all over the internet... the one cribbed from the Hollywood Reporter... the one that reads something like, "Jay Baruchel a popular small-town radio host, is in love with the prettiest girl in town, Alexis Bledel. DJ Qualls, a convenience store owner, also has a thing for Bledel."... is utterly wrong. Yes Jay is a radio host, DJ runs a convenience store, and Alexis is pretty, but there is not even one iota of a love triangle between them in this movie. There is a love triangle or two or three, but it does not involve those 3 characters. Oh, and once again the movie is called "I'm Reed Fish" not "I Am Reed Fish." Would someone please tell the rest of the internet that?
Alexis talks about I'm Reed Fish:

Quote:
With a starring role in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," a scene-stealing performance in "Sin City," and the sixth season of "Gilmore Girls" about to hit the airwaves, 23-year-old Alexis Bledel is making a name for herself in Hollywood. But she isn't above taking on some heavier lifting in lower-budgeted projects. "I just finished an independent one called 'I'm Reed Fish,' " she said. "It was really fun to shoot. We had a young group, and it was a really great time." The drama, which also stars "Lords of Dogtown" breakout Victor Rasuk and "Hustle & Flow" actor DJ Qualls, focuses on a collection of eccentric small-town characters. "It's basically about Reed Fish, he's the main character, he lives in a really small town, and it all has a 'Napoleon Dynamite' kind of feel to it. It's a super-small town, and he has to figure out what his situation is with the girls that he's dating. I play his fiancee; it's sort of a slice-of-life kind of thing." After acting in several studio productions, Bledel said she leapt at the chance to reconnect with something more bare-bones. "It was nice; it's a fun change of pace. I've been looking to always do a lot of different things, so this was fun. [Independents] keep it interesting."
MTV Movies | News | Movie File: 'Omen 666,' Katie Cassidy, Alexis Bledel, 'X-Files'

Last edited by madelen; 03-12-2007 at 12:22 PM
Old 06-05-2005, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this thread, Maz.

All I know about this movie is that, it's directed by Zackary Adler.

This was posted by Raja at the old news thread:

Quote:
STORYLINE: With an innovative narrative structure, the quirky, small, rural town ofRed Bluff, California, is the backdrop of Reed Fish's coming-of-age story.
[KATE PETERSON] Female, Caucasian, 22-25. The town darling. Reed breaks off
their engagement when Jill returns to town and things get out of control. Kate loves her hometown, she believes in family, community & love. She is very independent, but also very vulnerable...LEAD
Old 06-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Who does Alexis play?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySmile
Who does Alexis play?

Yep, has she a big role? This is so exciting! Dies anybody know when the movie is starting to be made?

And I've made something for this thread,how do you like it?lol

Last edited by *shiny girl*; 06-05-2005 at 08:32 AM
Old 06-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm pretty sure she plays kate peterson. see the second post.

Jenley <3
icon credit: Linsxx3
Old 06-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Unfortuantely the starcasting board purged the message. Probably because the movie is cast. But I remember that role being the only one that sounded age appropriate for Alexis. So she probably either has Kate or a very minor part.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 06-05-2005, 11:10 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen
Thanks for starting this thread, Maz.

All I know about this movie is that, it's directed by Zackary Adler.

This was posted by Raja at the old news thread:
Another young director, directing his first film. Just like in the case of The Orphan King. I hope that 'I am Reed Fish' will not go have the same fate, though.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope it doesn't have the same fate as orphan king as well.

I read somewhere that Alexis was hesatant to mention it incase it didn't come to theaters.
Alexis will be playing Kate Peterson. I doubt she would have mentioned on TRL if she was just a bit part.. and Kate is the only part that was a femal and younger than a parent.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Total Fan

Aww I am excited for this movie!
Old 06-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

i'm really excited about this.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Total Fan

It sound like an interesting movie !! Can't wait to hear more about it!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Addicted Fan

There are extras that need to be cast. See the news thread.

Shooting, I believe, is scheduled to begin on June 15th.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Two "articles" about the movie:

This was posted by Jet:

Quote:

Gilmore Girl turned Sin City siren, Alexis Bledel, has signed on for another slice of the cinematic pie.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, she'll join D.J Qualls ["The New Guy"] and Jay Baruchel for an Indy comedy called "I Am Reed Fish," being directed by Zackary Adler.

Set in a rural town, the Akiva Goldsman penned story revolves around Fish (Baruchel), who runs a popular local radio station and is in love with Bledel's character. Qualls is a convenience store owner who also has a thing for Bledel.

Bledel takes leave from Stars Hollow this month to film the pic - kicking off a shoot in Big Bear, California.
Found this here: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...05/story.jhtml

Quote:
Afterward, DJ Qualls ("Road Trip") spilled the beans about his next movie, a romantic comedy with Alexis Bledel ("Gilmore Girls"). "I'm engaged to the most popular girl of this small town, and when I get cold feet and cheat on her, everyone comes after me," he said.
This sounds good to me. Don't know Jay Baruchel, but I kinda like DJ Qualls. Alexis is playing the "popular girl of the town" again...
Old 06-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the information guys! I'm excited to see it, and for Alexis. I can't wait till we can get some more news/pictures on it!
Seth: And you're dressed. I wonder who's more disappointed.

Please vote for Keira Knightley or Jennifer Aniston!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Yea I know I am hoping that i can audition for an extra cause even though i probably wont get it it shall be cool non the less

Jenley <3
icon credit: Linsxx3