Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Ali, Chloie I'm really interested to see what Rory will think of Lorelai/Chris too.

Karen I'm looking forward to seeing those cute R/L bits.

I'm glad everyone is happy with the ep! I read so many bad comments of it beforehand, so I was getting really worried.

I'm gonna see the ep soon!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Addicted Fan

^ When do you see the episode hun?

I loved the episode myself. Did not disapoint me at all. I would of wrote this Wednesday but since FF has been so slow, been hard to log on but I loved this episode alot.

My favorite bits was the R/L stuff, I agree with karen I loved the meaning of the rocket to and I loved Rory/Lor hanging out. I miss that alot.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes the Rory/Lorelai interaction, I missed that in season 6! I hope it continues this season!

well the comments about this episode differ, one is happy and one thinks it's not that good... Though i think that's mostly because they aren't happy with the L/L break up and take it out on the entire show... I'm happy with how Dave is dealing with the L/L situation... It's realistic, at least how Lorelai is feeling about last sesaon and how she responds to that..

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
yes the Rory/Lorelai interaction, I missed that in season 6! I hope it continues this season!

well the comments about this episode differ, one is happy and one thinks it's not that good... Though i think that's mostly because they aren't happy with the L/L break up and take it out on the entire show... I'm happy with how Dave is dealing with the L/L situation... It's realistic, at least how Lorelai is feeling about last sesaon and how she responds to that..
Yea I think thats probably it, I love LL as much as the next person but I can't hate the show over it. My 2 favorite episodes in season 5 are Say Something and Jews and Chinese food, it may seem like I hate LL but I don't. I just really like the writing in those epis and the realism. I also really like Written in the stars and not just for the LL stuff I don't understand how anyone could hate the show because it isn't doing what they want. If your a true fan, you will love the show no matter the direction it's in, thats why I love it, it's realistic and isn't one big fairy tale.

I really wanna give David a hand, he is keeping true to the Palladino way by trying his hardest to keep the show as real but fun as possible just like Amy and Dan would do. David is trying to make it seem like Amy and Dan aren't gone and thats good, I just hope this bad LL stuff ends before it goes to far.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Addicted Fan

I couldn't ever hate GG whatever it done. Since I'm a big R/L fan, with the thing Logan did in s6. I couldn't hate GG for that and even throught I'm sad about L/L breaking up, I still can't be mad either.
Can I just say I agree totally 100% with you Chloie.
I don't understand why people would hate a show on just something they did: eg: LL breaking up or Luke in s6.
I love GG aswell whatever it does. I only been a fan since January/Febuary, can't remember when but from the first moment I knew I was obsessed, it has never let me down GG. Always has been the same and 701 to. I through Amy wrote this episode but I know she didn't. It just felt like she did. Felt everything was still the same.
I throught it would be abit different with David but for me, it wasn't at all. I can't wait to see more.

And Chloie, I love say something and Jews and Chinese food to. Two of my favorite episode of GG s5 to .
Old 10-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you too Chloie. There have been storylines I haven't liked and it hasn't made me stop liking GG.

Just a few comments on the ep. I've only seen a part of it so far. The rocket thing is really cute. I loved how she pretended to get it.

The racquetball (sp?) was hilarious! I love seeing Rory and Lorelai doing these weird things together again. And I find it funny how they always have such cute work out clothes, considering they don't work out at all.

More later.

Tes I didn't know you became a GG fan only this year? You've had a lot to catch up. Or have you watched the earlier seasons at all?
Old 10-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Wow I'm glad you guys agree with me, good to know there are still really loyal fans out there, darn good thing GG has us 3 huh? (and whoever agrees with us)

I am like the biggest Rory/Lorelai fan and even through season 6, I loved the show heck season 6 got me even more into the show then I was before. There rift made me love the show more cause it showed what amazing writers GG has, Amy and Dan were willing to take huge risks like that in the show even if it ment losing fans just to make good storyline. Sure the rift made me sad and I would never wish it to happen again but I just found the show to be more real then it has ever been. I actually think they needed that rift cause that relationship was to perfect.

The only thing I didn't like was how there relationship was after they made up, they acted like they didn't even make up but I still didn't hate the show cause it still kept me intriged and wanting to watch just to see how there relationship got better later, it also still kept real. After a fight like that, you dont just go back to normal like nothing happened, it takes time. Thats what I like about GG, it keeps you on your toes!

Anyway I'm glad you guys agree with me. The show is still just as good as when I first became a fan in my opinion and I think it will continue to be like that no matter what. Stars hollow could blow up and I would still watch. GG has got me hooked till the end my friends! 7.01 was amazing as always and I'm expecting every episode to come to be just as good.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen (View Post)

Tes I didn't know you became a GG fan only this year? You've had a lot to catch up. Or have you watched the earlier seasons at all?
Yep, I watched all the seasons .
and not many people know, how long I been a GG fangirl. The time has just flyed back. when did you become a fan Madelen?
Can't wait to hear the rest of your throughts on 701. I love the racquetball scene very much.

Chloie- I'm a big Rory/Loralai fan to. I just want to agree with you more with your last post. It's how I feel about s6 and Rory/Loralai. I know not many people liked that season much but I loved it. Since a big Rory/Loralai disagreement was to happen right? but imo, I think that has made Rory/Lorali stronger aswell since disagreements tend to. Just I wish Loralai told Rory that she sleeped with Chris but....I don't mind that too much but I do aswell. *shrugs*

and GG has got me hooked until the end to. I might of not been a fan for long but I'm totally with GG till the end.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
Wow I'm glad you guys agree with me, good to know there are still really loyal fans out there, darn good thing GG has us 3 huh? (and whoever agrees with us)
It sure is.

I'm gonna agree here again with you two. I thought the fight between Rory and Lorelai was realistic too. Of course I missed seeing them together, but I still found it a good storyline.

Tes I started watching GG from the start. I don't remember when they started showing GG here in Finland, but that's when I became a fan. But we're a little behind here (they're gonna start showing season 6 of GG in the spring), so the last two or three seasons I've been up to speed with the eps showing in the US.

Gonna watch the rest of the ep today!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Addicted Fan

I throught I was the only one who was bheind on GG on tv *lol* We're still repeating s1-s5 all the time lol. I still have no idea when s6 is starting since they are never telling us which is annoying because I really want to see s6 again and I don't have money for s6 boxset atm. But hopefully there show it soon. I been waiting around April/May for it to be shown lol. Thats why I decided to just to keep up with the US since the channel that airs GG here, seems to be quite behind. But yay for you hun that GG s6 starts over in Finland in the Spring.

and glad to see you two agreeing with me since no-one ever agrees with me since I always think different to everyone on GG. Everyone thinks the first three seasons are the best and the others are not. I'm not saying the first three aren't good, I just like them as a whole aswell.

Enjoy the rest of the episode today madelen
Old 10-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved the premiere! It was classic GG! I loved the meaning behind the rocket! I'm swooning even more over R/L! All the banter and fast paced talking was brilliant!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Nope, you're not the only one, Tes. I hope season six starts there soon!

Well, I'm actually one of those who love the first three seasons , but I've liked the three last seasons too.

Hey RoganFan! I'm glad you liked the ep! I liked it too. I loved the Rory/Lorelai bits and the Rory/Logan bits. The meaning behind the rocket was the cutest.

The LL bits were really sad though.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Thought I'd top this thread again, if someone wants to discuss the premiere again, since their airing it again on Tuesday.

So. Any thoughts? Were you disappointed with the premiere? Pleasantly surprised? Do you think the eps that followed have been better or worse than the premiere?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Total Fan

I thought it was okay. The L/L parts were sad but i really loved the RL scenes about the rocket.

The episodes that follow just kinda bore me for some reason. Its not one of those season where you can't wait for Tuesday night. I feel like i have to watch it.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you Ali. I thought the premiere was good, but the few eps after that were not that fab. But I thought 7.04 and 7.05 were lots better!

I hope the good eps continue and become even better.