Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

The Wisteria Lane News Gazette: *NO MOVIE PLANS FOR DH POST-FINALE*

I will cry if she is right.

I didn't know Felicity wanted them to divorce. I agree that they were the one "normal" couple.

Quote:
'Housewives' Huffman: 'I think Scavos will divorce'

Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman has said that she does not believe Tom and Lynette Scavo will reunite on the ABC show.

Huffman and Doug Savant's characters split at the end of the seventh series and the actress told Digital Spy that she does not see a future for the couple.

"I think they will separate and depending on when the series ends, you may see them divorce," she said. "You will see Tom and Lynette leading different lives. Maybe Tom will get the kids for a while. That would be interesting."

Huffman added that she had been lobbying for the couple to end their relationship on the show since season three, but the writers had held off from penning the storyline because of pressures from ABC.

"We had been pushing for it since season three, but ABC was pushing for a normal couple to be on Wisteria Lane," she said. "Not that they don't have ups and downs, but they're just like a normal couple. So when it came down in year seven, we were excited because it was new ground to cover.

"Those four or five episodes leading up to the breakup were hard to act because it's dark territory."
Old 07-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Housewives star uncovers her story
Monday 4 July 2011

The new series of Who Do You Think You Are? begins on RTÉ One tonight, Monday July 4, with Desperate Housewives star Vanessa Williams embarking on an emotional journey into her family's history and the lives of her two great great grandfathers.

Williams discovers that one of her great great grandfathers avoided slavery and was married to a white woman in post-Civil War America.

Her other great great grandfather was one of the first African-American representatives in the state legislature in Tennessee.

Who Do You Think You Are? is on RTÉ One at 10.40pm.

Those appearing in upcoming episodes of the series include Gwyneth Paltrow, Lionel Richie and Rosie O'Donnell, who travels to Ireland in next week's show.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

There's a mild spoiler in here.

Mega Buzz: NCIS' Mole Hunt, Housewives' Guilt Trip and Booth's Family Past - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Are we allowed to post casting sides? I've got a few that sound fun.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

We have a Spoiler thread on the Spoilers board, actually. Hold on, I'll pull the link.

ETA: http://www.fanforum.com/f15/desperat...-2-a-62895792/

Btw, nice to see you back here.

So, Dallas is happening... on TNT. With Brenda Strong, Jesse Metcalfe, and Josh Henderson. Some DH-alums. Premieres next June.

Re: Felicity. Um, wow. s3 she was wanting a Tom/Lynette divorce? So after all the Nora and Rick stuff. And before the Cancer bombshell. Um, ok... that would have definitely taken her character into quite an opposite direction. As for the need for it, I get her reasoning, it's a fresh start for the character, and something new to play. But at the same time, I don't know how final I want the end of there relationship to be.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 07-08-2011 at 04:45 PM
Old 07-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I will so upset if those two don't make it. Maybe they can separate for a while but then they'll find their way back to each other.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

^ That's what I'm thinking. I'm not against single-Lynette for a little while. We've never really seen that.

kenny | credit
Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

If she single, I hope they find a way to keep Tom around. I'd miss him.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

^ Don't you remember the "I'm going to stay at an apartment near my office" line?

kenny | credit
Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yeah, but that doesn't mean we'll see him. lol
Old 07-10-2011, 10:09 AM
New Fan

It's a typical mid-life crisis. People can see it clearer from the third party point of view.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Some people don't ever get over their mid-life crisis.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Is This the End for Desperate Housewives?

The ladies of Wisteria Lane might want to call in the moving vans. ABC and the producers behind long-running Sunday-night soap Desperate Housewives could decide in a few weeks if the show's upcoming eighth season will be its last.

Creator Marc Cherry and executive producer Bob Daily are both signed to remain with the series through the season, as well as a potential ninth season. But rumblings have started that the producers and network may decide to go out with a bang this year rather than stretch things. Nothing's been decided yet, but ABC knows the question will be a key one when the network meets with reporters on August 7 at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. That's why some insiders believe a decision could be made by then.

Others, however, think ABC may wait until September to see how its new shows perform, and if Desperate Housewives sees another ratings drop. "It's all dependent on the ratings," says one insider. "It will be up against some stiff competition."

Not only will Housewives compete against CBS' The Good Wife this fall, it also regularly faces Sunday Night Football on NBC (should the NFL season resume as hoped) and key
programming on cable. Housewives was the 24th most-watched prime-time show among broadcast networks last season, but has lost about half of its audience from Season 1.

But should ABC fail to cultivate a new hit, the network may find it hard to resist squeezing out one more year from Housewives. ABC has an option to bring back stars Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria for the 2012-2013 season. Cherry has toyed with the Housewives' finale date in the past, and originally planned to end the show after its seventh season. Reports an insider, "The thought is out there, but it's still too early to say."
Old 07-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

If ABC promotes this as the final season, then I'd be okay with that. I just don't like being blindsided. I think this arch would be a perfect way to bookend the series. It's the first major event tying all four women together. I'm watching this priority to Dexter and The Good Wife, because I'm a loyalist.

kenny | credit
Old 07-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yes, if it happens, I don't want it to be a surprise. We need a proper ending.