Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Say Goodbye to the Desperate Housewives Board (Closing Sunday Feb. 12th)

This was not an easy decision. But it's the one that makes the most sense. Simply put, the board has been suffering from a lack of posting and community. On top of that, I started to feel the Moderator position turn into an obligation. I made the call to remain a Mod until May when the series ends. However, due to missing the Monthly post count and being put on the "48 hour w/o a post" list, I think it's fair to say that we could end up losing the board before May. So I wanted the board to go out on top, on it's own accord. I just want to truly thank all of the posters who've come and participated, and joined our tight-knit community. I want to thank my lovely co-mods throughout the years: Katie, Shar, Suz, and Melis. Just, from the bottom of my heart, Thank you! And also to the Moderator Managers/Staff for always lending a helping hand via. MST or just friendly advice or assistance. I love this show and my love for the show has in no way faltered, I am still a DH-Wisteria Lunatic As of Sunday, Feb 12th, the board will be closed and we'll open up a thread on the TV board. Truly, thank you. Love you all.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, this makes me sad on a day that makes me happy and excited. I'm going to truly miss this board it was tthe reason I came to but I can always go back to other online DH sites. But, I want to thank Ken for trying to keep the board from closing I know it's hard to mod alone and you did a great job for the last few months. So, thank you Ken!

Goodbye DH board!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 02-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Ken, you did a great job here, but I do feel that you made the right decision, and I think it's much better to go out on your own terms than to be closed down due to lack of posts. My thanks to you and to everyone that posted here over the years, and my thanks to all of the people that moderated this board.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw Ken Sorry that you had to make this decision but I can see it's for the best. I know you've been a fabulous mod!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think you made the right decision
icon: xthebesthing
Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ken you've done a wonderful job with the board and I know as one DH board owner to another I'm very proud to see everything you've accomplished with it. I gave up on the DFO board long ago and it was great to see you trying to keep this one going strong.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

We should start posting on the DH thread in the tv board.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 02-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkleyღ
We should start posting on the DH thread in the tv board.
We have the board until Sunday so I'd hang here until then. I'll open a "General discussion thread"
Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

So sad
Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw that is sad Ken you did a great job.. I know how hard it is in lack of posts times to do the best you can to keep the boars alive.. I wasn't here much.. Only a brief time if I remember right. But it's always sad to see a board go

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Thanks for everything, Ken.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So sad But I think everyone saw this coming a mile away.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I know this was a difficult decision, but as you say, it's really hard to keep things going when the interest just doesn't seem to be here.

Thanks for the leadership you've provided to this board over the years Ken.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you guys for all the kind words and sentiments. I truly appreciate it. Tomorrow, I will start a thread in the Television board where we can go forward. And if you decide to open any threads on the Male/Female Celebrities boards, please link over to our TV board thread.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

I just read this I am sorry to see this board go but I can understand your decision Ken. Sorry that I havent been around much but somehow the last season of the show didnt get my full attention anymore I had an amazing time modding this board tho and it was always a friendly and warm place with great posters. I have been around when this board opened and I am glad that i caught this thread in time before the board got closed.

Ken I hope to see you as a moderator again for some other board because you are doing an amazing job

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign