Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Important Announcement Regarding the Desperate Housewives Board - Please Read & Respond!

Hello Posters,

I know most of you were shocked and upset over the previous board announcement with the potential closing of the board. I am glad to report that your opinions did not go unnoticed and we've devised a plan to keep the board opened - until the show's end.

I resurrected many discussion threads because I want to stress the importance of keeping the discussion threads active, moreso than Games or the Off-Topic thread. I want us to keep this board - for a reason. I don't want it to be out of a selfish need to have a board until the series ends. I want to reinstitute the need to discuss the show, as a whole. Please try to familiarize yourselves again into couples and character threads. If you ever see a noteworthy picture, news article, etc. Please don't refrain from posting it in said thread. Also, during the week of a new episode, feel free to filter into those threads to make conversation about that particular person/couple, vs. just leaving your opinion in that week's discussion thread.

I am bringing back our Annual Survivor game, starting in January. I know we usually wait until season's end, but it seems time-sensitive enough that we should jump head first. It will be in the same stye of the previous Survivor game, instituting the ability to multiply vote vs. 1 vote per round. I know this is considered a "Game" but I find it more specific to the show then say "300 Word Story" or "ABC" - etc.

Lastly, I'd like you guys to respond to this message and let me know your thoughts. As well as letting me know of any tips or suggestions for the board. We will still be required to meet the Post Requirement Monthly, so if we do miss it, we can lose the board before the finale.

Thank you to all the posters that did provide feedback. Hope to see you guys stick around 'til the end.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Well, if people have been posting in the discussion threads all along, then the previous announcement thread wouldn't have been needed in the first place. I think Mel mentioned it in the previous thread. You can resurrect threads and beg people to post, but it won't last. The fact is that this board has been dead for a long time. You get people stopping by from time to time, but it doesn't last.

I've said enough because I'm tired of arguing when it's useless. I'm done.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad we are keeping this open till the end of this season. I love being on this board, I originally came to FF because of DH and it was great modding here for a while, never wanted to step down but it had to be down. Anyway, I will try and come here for the rest of the month and for the next 5 months.

Thanks Ken!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 12-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad the board is staying open till the season is over! And I will begin posting in discussion threads even though I do love the game threads
icon: xthebesthing
Old 12-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Melis Totally get where you're coming from. I know it has been frustrating as I've been there.

Ken - Thanks for giving it a shot to keep the board open since a few people did say they don't want it to close. Most board closure threads we've had, no one responds or the few who do agree with the closure. Since that's not the case here hopefully those that spoke out will post and discuss the show for the rest of the season.

I definitely second what Ken said and encourage everyone to post and discuss the show.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

* Also, Melis has officially stepped down from being my co-mod. Normally, we'd have an opening for a replacement co-mod, but I felt due to the short amount of time we intend to keep the board opened, that step isn't necessary. So, I am officially the sole moderator of the board, going forward.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I'm glad to have to still modding Ken.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Shar. Appreciate that.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Your welcome!

I love that we try and make this board move.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Yea, I'm glad you're back posting again. I missed you when you were gone, during your moving.