Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

8x02 (Making the Connection) Episode Discussion - 10/02/11

Quote:
Susan discovers a thrilling (if dangerous) way to ease her guilt over her role in the death of Gaby's evil stepfather; Gaby plans a sexy surprise for Carlos to help him regain his bedroom prowess; Bree discovers something in Chuck's past; Lynette and Tom have a hard time denying their kids' outlandish requests as their marital woes continue because neither wants to be seen as "the bad guy"; and Renee tries to win over hunky new neighbor Ben (Charles Mesure) by finding out what turns him on.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for tomorrow!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Looks like a good eppy.

---

It was funny to see Renee trying to find something in common with the new neighbor. Turns out they had something in common after all.

Susan felt guilty but I couldn't believe everything she did to get herself in trouble. I love the talk that she had with Carlos.

It was hard to see Tom and Lynette fighting with each other. I can't believe Lynette let their kid go to the party. All the fighting is not fun to see.

Gabby hiring the stripper was funny.

I wonder what Bree will do about the note. I'd be freaking out, but I don't know what I'd do either. Scary to think that her guy had something to do with the note.

Last edited by smoothaise; 10-02-2011 at 07:04 PM
Old 10-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

^ I just merged your post. How cool is that feature?!

I'm watching "Real Housewives of New Jersey" but I had to come here and say, WOW! Did any of us expect a possible Carlos/Susan affair? Yowza, I didn't.

And of course Paul drops the breadcrumb to plant paranoia into Bree's head about Chuck - who definitely didn't write that note. And for the record, I would have gladly washed his back.

Not sure how I feel about Renee with Ben; I honestly saw more chemistry with him and Mike. I loved the nod that he installed the plumbing. Also Renee saying he fixed her toilet for free - but it was more like, he sent the bill and she didn't pay it.

Susan was acting a fool. I love how she couldn't win with any scenario until she took matters into her own hands, outside of the "crime" she committed.

Oh, Parker. I wished for so much more from this character. Anyone else miss child-Parker? He was my favorite Scavo kid of the time.

That party was ridiculous. Beyond the street traffic on a weekday - they had a keg stand in the front yard. Really?!

Paul Young makes a cameo, and we see moments before Mary Alice commits suicide - which was rather sobering even though it was recently filmed.

I love how the show is making notes and nods to past situations. I also loved Gaby's plan to win back little Carlos. And the mention that he was once blind.

Next week - WOW! This season is outta control.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bree I love you, never change. She was the star of this episode and I am loving Bree so much and this Bree seems like the old Bree and last seasons Bree was not the Bree I know and love. I do feel scared for her and her guy, I can't believe he might be behind the note that Bree got.
Love the mention of BrOrson.

Gaby was funny with the pole dancing and I can't believe she's that desperate to save her and Carlos's sex life. And I'm glad that Bree told Gaby about the note and I'm glad Bree did cause I don't want her fate to be like Mary Alice's.

I also feel bad for Carlos and I hope he somehow comes out of this terrible nightmare soon cause I'm worried that he might do something stupid.

Lynette & Tom: I've never liked them as a couple but playing with the fact that their children want to be with Tom kinda makes me sad a little for Lynette, although I think Lynette shouldn't have never played with Tom in that way and just let Parker be a teenager although she was right for having doubts about the party.

Susan kind of pissed me off in this episode and now I found another reason to not like her. I did like her scenes with Carlos though.

It was nice to see flashbacks to the Pilot and how Mary Alice killed Mike's ex. And it was nice to see Paul again.

Great episode, this season is getting better and better and Bree is just the best thing about this season so far.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 10-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

So, regarding the rumor about
Spoiler:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

^
Spoiler:
Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quite enjoyed my chat with Ken! As always I look forward to them, the Twitter bunch are always very lively during Sunday night airings.

I'm still working out a few ideas so I'll post more about what I thought tomorrow!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:
Old 10-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Anybody else trying to "Make the Connection" between Mike and Ben? Wonder why he approached Mike like that? Hmmm?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea why Ben was acting like that with Mike. I wonder how he knows or is connected to him?.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Perhaps a connection to Deirdre or the guy Mike killed?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Possibly, I still don't know but I like your guess Ken.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode.

So Chuck may be onto Bree? Not good.

Susan is really losing her mind, she needs to get her act back together soon.

I can't see Tom & Lynette like this

Gaby and the stripper

Reneè and Ben do have something in common after all!