Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kat- (View Post)
I love how you get to talk to people all over the world, discover new fandoms and discuss things that are important to you. On a more superficial note I also love the look of FF - especially with the customised boards, no banners in sigs (yay) and little things like the way we have new threads after 300 posts rather than them just going on forever

FF seems a lot friendlier than other messageboards I've posted at and has a real sense of community.
That is one reason i love FF too. You can find friends from everywhere in the world and be as fangirl as you wnat to

is such a great place i dont know what i would do with out it anfd the friends i've made here
KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
... I can already see myself still posting here when I'm old and grey

Kat - my 7 year anniversary is next week.

Agree about having made friends from all over the world here.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Elite Fan

oh, and I love love avies! I know that most forums have these, but I think the setup and placement of the name and avie is the best here. Also, I am glad that we got a size increase from 50x50 Great way to express yourself and a fun thing to change time to time (and in my case, almost every day )
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

There is just always something to do around here! FF is like a city that never sleeps always new boards to explore, new people to get to know, don't wan't t log off 'cause I don't want to miss out on discussions, converstions etc.
and the people here all are so nice! Last night, I stayed 'till 5AM just 'cause I wanted to catch up with some people (and to reach my posting goal of the day)

I thank google everyday for leading me here I know it's corny, but it's true!!

I love avies too Jessie, they're awesome and the placement is the best here!
Oh, another thing I love about FF: EMOTICONS!! really the most awesome collection I've ever seen, it's hard not being able to use them at other sites
Dashboard_Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambetanterik (View Post)
FF is like a city that never sleeps
This is so true! People are from everywhere in the world, that this is so true

Quote:
I thank google everyday for leading me here I know it's corny, but it's true!!
It's not corny, in fact I imagine that it is quite common. I googled a person from Amazing race just the other day and one of the FF threads popped up

Quote:
I love avies too Jessie, they're awesome and the placement is the best here!
Oh, another thing I love about FF: EMOTICONS!! really the most awesome collection I've ever seen, it's hard not being able to use them at other sites
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambetanterik (View Post)
There is just always something to do around here! FF is like a city that never sleeps always new boards to explore, new people to get to know, don't wan't t log off 'cause I don't want to miss out on discussions, converstions etc.
yeah, with members from around the world, there's somebody here 24/7. I can remember getting up early to be able to post with an Australian friend.

When we first switched to the 100x100 avatars, I thought they were kind of big. Now there's no way I'd want to go back to 45x45.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, cool thread

I don't even know anymore why I came here (and it's not even that long ago )... I think it was because of the Gilmore girls spoiler board...
anyhow... I started to lurk around the Gilmore girls board but was too afraid to post anything because I felt like my english sucked (and it did back then).
And then I didn't come here for a long time... I thin I came back around the time where S7 spoilers for Gilmore girls wer starting to show up. until then I had worked on my english and I felt more comfortable to post somewhere so I started posting on the JavaJunke thread...
Then last summer I started rewatching all the friends episodes and so I found my way to the friends board and I absolutely love it there...
I was immediately welcome and I totally fit in.
For me it is usually really hard to find my place on a board but that's the good thing here on you are welcome almost everywhere and everyone makes it easy for you to find you place.
I love it that, because of the time differences; ou're never alone and always have someone to talk to. Beause of I have met so many people from so many different countries and it's sooo interesting to talk to them.
And I also found a place to share my feeling in . Doesn't matter if I'm happy, sad, angry or whatever... I can always find a place to rant about it.
Another amazing thing about is that you are not alone with your obsessions here. My real life friends usually don't watch the TV shows I watch and if the do they don't like to talk about them and analyse them like I do. But here... here everyone is as crazy as you are... you can find someone so analyze episodes, swoon over pictures or share your crazy ideas.

I just absolutely love this place
Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 PM
convinced

wow, it looks like you guys have lots of fun here, thanks for those stories. I'll definatly register when I get home
Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Glad to hear that we convinced you!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

There are so many things I love about this place that I can't actually find words for everything I want to say.

I love being able to talk about my favourite things with people who think the same as me, I love the huge variety of boards, I love the family feel FF has to it, I love the friends that I've made here (many of whom I'm closer to than certain people in RL), I love how there's always something going on and someone around to talk to. FF is the friendliest, most wonderful place I've ever come across and it truly is my home on the internet. I'm a member of many other message boards, but this one is truly special.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I joined because a friend who I met at college told me about FF to check out the Buffy and Angel Forums because she had seen some links to great Fan Fiction there. I joined, I liked, but there were some people who rubbed me the wrong way. I lurked, I went away, Saw a Queer Eye board, started to post again. I loved it. It started to die down and then I ended up being the Moderator of the board. It was to the point where the show really wasn't as popular anymore and the board suffered a slow and painful death. It closed. I felt like I didn't have anywhere to go on here anymore. I went away. I tried to come back on the music boards and what not, but to no avail, I just didn't feel that community like I felt on the QE board. So I went away again. This time I thought what better place to come and see if there is a board for my new favorite TV show. Lo and Behold there is the Doctor Who forum. I feel like I can belong and be happy, and catch up on episodes since I'm a new fan and not feel like a total idiot. So yes I am back with a vengance and I hope to stay as long as Doctor Who and Torchwood are on.

Sorry that was so long and rambly and not properly spaced. I could break it up, but I kind of like it like this.

Nicole
bubandgeek05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Welcome back Nicole. Each board does tend to have it's own individual atmosphere. I'm glad you found a board that feels like home again.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks Chris It feels good to be back on here.

Nicole
bubandgeek05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nicole. I hope you stay for good! I miss talking to you.
Our guys are doing numerous of shows now since QE went off the air!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Geez, it's hard to think that my EIGHT year anniversary is coming up in like two months. Wow, it's been a long, crazy trip!
girl in a cardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread