Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

There was just one thread at the Alexis board that had posts - the Navigation and Intro thread. So luckily we now have a list of all the threads we used to have.

And also, the links still work to the threads that had been started before July 05, though they have been deleted from the board. But I'm guessing we need to start new threads to replace them anyway, right? Going to start doing that now.

Thanks for all your hard work guys!
madelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, this is one old siggy!

We also have half empty threads that were already closed, but the posts are there. Should we delete those too? Or just start new ones.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

^Same thing on our Board.

Threads with "missing posts" are ok right?..they're ok from the beginging, it's not like the thread master list some boards have..it's just that some threads have less posts then I remember they had..those don't need to be deleted and started over right?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

Thanks for fixing my account, Jerry, it works.

to test the boards.

How I missed smilies.
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OvErPrOtEcTeD*
I understand what you mean by closing and re-starting empty threads, Jerry. Is it to be expected that only six of twenty or so topics on the Delta board survived (only to be closed since they're empty)? I was under the impression the June '05 back up would take us back to the board and threads as they stood in June '05? As things stand now, there's no sign of our News, FAQs, Intro threads etc; only a few random topics with nothing in them. We appear to have lost everything despite the board's longevity.
I had a couple of unattractive choices when restoring the posts: one was to just go with the June 2005 backup. The other was to go with a partial April 2006 backup. I ended up going with the latter because it meant recovering more posts overall, but the partial backup was just that, partial - meaning some things in between were probably going to be lost. I know things are a bit of a mess now, but it shouldn't take us too long to get back to normal. After all, most boards take only a day or two to cycle through all the threads on their first page.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina86
^Same thing on our Board.

Threads with "missing posts" are ok right?..they're ok from the beginging, it's not like the thread master list some boards have..it's just that some threads have less posts then I remember they had..those don't need to be deleted and started over right?
Yeah, if threads have any posts in them, they don't have to be deleted. I leave it to you folks to decide how best to sort partial threads out.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

I can't change my icon, it says 'remote file is too large'. Looks like we're back to 45x45/12 kB.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav
I can't change my icon, it says 'remote file is too large'. Looks like we're back to 45x45/12 kB.
It was a problem with the MST user group, should work now.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

It does, thanks.

But... I can't send PMs. I can read PMs - they are not gone! - but if I click on someone's profile, the PM option is missing.

ETA: I can't access the polls:

Pav, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Last edited by Pav; 04-16-2006 at 11:59 AM
Old 04-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav
It does, thanks.

But... I can't send PMs. I can read PMs - they are not gone! - but if I click on someone's profile, the PM option is missing.
I'll see if I can find it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pav
ETA: I can't access the polls:

Pav, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Try again, looks like it was another MST problem.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild
I'll see if I can find it again
I realized what's wrong. Too late though. I keep forgetting we're back in 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild
Try again, looks like it was another MST problem.
It seems to be OK now.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

what can I do with a not functioning thread when this
Quote:
No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
comes up? aside from contacting you?

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter
what can I do with a not functioning thread when this comes up? aside from contacting you?
I would say delete the thread, or I can delete it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

And is there a way to hide deleted threads?

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
pinkpaisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

ah, just realized that this message I posted above only appears when I go on "Last Page" but not when on the first one - gonna delete those now

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Sternbetrachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top