Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

PM Problems

Hey, tonight when I got on, it just says Hello DCFORME98...It dosent say anything about my inbox or how many messages I have. I cannot seem to access this anywhere. I was just wondering what might have happened. Is their some other way I can get into my inbox and send pm's? Thanks..Garrett

And I am getting this message when I attempt to try and send a pm

dcforme98, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Would this have anything to do with this problem. I was on another Dawson's Creek web page, they informed everyone that season 6 may not come out and to go to amazon.com and put in ur email to let them get a count. So I passed this along in James Van Der Beek's forum because well he played the role of Dawson. And I am sure all of his fans want to see season 6. I didn't really consider it spam, but one of the mods did and it's kool, no problems. I'm not upset about it....But If my pm access was taken away over this then that is a little severe. I wasn't trying to spam or ask people to buy anything....Please let me know..Thanks guys...Garrett

One Tree Hill - 2003 - PRESENT

ADD ME - http://www.myspace.com/gml04
dcforme98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Website Manager

PMs at the moment require you to have 50 posts to be able to send and receive PMS due to some recent spamming via PMs. So you should be able to send PMs now that you have 50 posts...

But yes, that kind of stuff can be considered spam (unwanted message), but it's not your PM permissions it's everyone under 50 posts.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Johnnie!

One Tree Hill - 2003 - PRESENT

ADD ME - http://www.myspace.com/gml04
dcforme98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hm it's strange I have 51 posts and I can already don't see my pm's ...
Old 09-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I imagine that it's like once you've achieved 101 posts for a custom avatar, the software takes a few hours to update itself and put you in the new user group.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:34 PM
New Fan

I just got the same problem. Thanks for your answer, I understand what's happening now
My question is: I was in contact with a few FF members and I was awaiting answers and I had to give answers as well. I'll check if the persons have their email address activated but if not, it'll be a problem to get in contact with them again God I should have post more, but posting in english is not easy
Old 09-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Website Manager

I'll move you to the usergroup to send PMs since you've been a member for awhile and aren't that far off. Not everywhere is hard to post. Game threads are a good spot to have fun and meet people while getting your posts up.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

For some reason for the past week it has said that I have a PM but when i go check there is nothing in my PM box.
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Try going through and marking everything as 'read'.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

Ok cool everything is fine now. For some reason i had a PM frommmm way back but it never really was a PM cause it said it was from 12-31-1969 and it had no header,title,sender or anything. But i just deleted and so now everything is cool
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:02 PM
New Fan

Yeah, any date from a date like that would be a PM with an error or a date that is unknown in which it was sent.

Running some testing...
Fan Forum Tester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
New Fan

Oh....so that's why I can't access my PM.
mawie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread