Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2016, 05:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Holiday Fan Art Competition 2016

FanForum Holiday Board Art Competition
Get into the holiday spirit! Work together, and show us what your board can do!
Create a holiday themed piece of artwork on the topic of the board to submit to the competition.

Participation:
Anyone can participate! Whether it be creating a fan art or supporting your fellow board members. Visit any of the participating boards and post your submissions. If you are browsing FF and notice that someone's fanart is good and you like their style, I encourage you to send them a PM! Ask them if they know about the holiday competition You'd be surprised how many people I've come across that love making fanarts but have not heard about the competition Together, we can make this a really fun and a successful holiday competition!

Please read all of the rules before submitting an art.

Participating Boards:

General Discussion

Celebrities
Couples
Disney
Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Female Celebrities

Elizabeth Mitchell
Ellen Pompeo
Emma Watson
Eva Green
Evangeline Lilly
Jennifer Morrison
Katie Cassidy
Lana Parrilla
Lauren Graham
Lea Michele
Shiri Appleby
Sophia Bush
Stana Katic

Male Celebrities

Chace Crawford
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Colin O'Donoghue
Darren Criss
Grant Gustin
Jared Padalecki
Jensen Ackles
Josh Holloway
Matthew Daddario
Misha Collins
Patrick Dempsey
Sebastian Stan
Stephen Amell
Tom Hiddleston
Tom Welling
Tyler Hoechlin

Music Artists

Avril Lavigne
Delta Goodrem
Ed Sheeran
Fifth Harmony
Kelly Clarkson
Maroon 5
One Direction
Selena Gomez
Taylor Swift

Tv Shows: Present

Arrow
Daredevil
Empire
How To Get Away With Murder
NCIS Franchise
New Girl
Once Upon A Time
Outlander
Prison Break
Reign
Stranger Things
Supergirl
Supernatural
The 100
The Blacklist
The Flash
This is Us

Tv Shows: Past

Beauty and the Beast
Blood & Oil
Charmed
Friends
Gilmore Girls
How I Met Your Mother
Queer as Folk
Smallville
That '70s Show
The O.C.

Sci-fi/Fantasy

Battlestar Galactica
Harry Potter
Star Trek
X-Men

Rules
  • Each participating board will have a thread dedicated to the competition and it will be the place to discuss and post your arts. It's also a great place for suggestions. Each thread is linked above here in this post.
  • The art must be holiday themed and have the board name clear anywhere on the artwork. You are free to use any technique (brushes, textures etc...). For help and tutorials, the Fan Art board is a great place to find it.
  • The artwork you submit must be exactly one of the following 3 sizes in pixels and in JPEG format; 400x300, 800x600, or 1024x768.
  • Art should include your username on the bottom left of all artwork in Verdana, font size 12 (72 pixels per inch).
  • You will have to include a separate 200x150px thumbnail in JPEG format along with your art to be used in the voting. Please do not add a border to the thumbnail.
  • Final submissions should be a separate post in the thread marked with the words "to submit it for the competition" in red. This way, we will know that it is the final version of the art you would like to submit. It will be linked on the beginning post of the thread, updated frequently. If you do not see your art on that post a few days after you post it, please PM running wild.
  • The deadline for art submission is December 21st, 2016 6pm EST. You must have your artwork posted by that time to be considered. No exceptions. Please make sure that your upload site is reliable.
  • You may submit no more than 1 art per board. You may most certainly make more than one for each board and post it on the thread for people to see, however you may only submit one for the competition per board. There is no limit to how many boards you can submit an art for.
  • Special notes:

For TV, Celebrities and Music, you may only submit an art on a topic that does not include one in which there is a separate board participating. For example (hypothetical):

- If you make a David Cook art you would submit it to the David Cook board and not the thread for Music on Fan Art if David Cook is participating in the competition.
    - If you make a Kelly Clarkson art, the proper place to submit it would be the Music thread on the Fan Art board because even though she has a board here at , it is not on the list of participating boards. (again hypothetical)

With regards to Couples submissions, you may not submit an art with a movie or TV couple that is from one of the shows participating in the competition unless it features a variety of couples from different boards. For example (hypothetical):

- If you make a Luke and Lorelai art, it must be submitted to the Gilmore Girls board if it is participating.
    - If you make a Rose and The Doctor art, it must be submitted to the Doctor Who board if it is participating.
    - If you make a Luke and Lorelai art that also includes Rose and The Doctor, you should submit that to the Couples board.

• Please make sure to keep your artwork PG-13 and stick to the Forum rules.
Voting
The voting will be as follows:

1. Favorite for each participating board: This will take place within a few days after the submission deadline in the form of polls, topped in each participating board. If you want to vote for a particular board, please visit that board and vote. The winners will be announced the next day.

2. Favorite Overall per Category: This will be held on the Fan Art board starting after the first round winners are revealed and will be open for voting. Everyone is encouraged to vote. Winner of the overall competition will be announced very soon after.

3. Favorite Among the GT: The Graphics Team will vote on a set of categories. We will hand pick what we feel best fit the categories. In case you are wondering, here are the categories:

Best use of text
Most Festive
Best composition
Best use of textures/brushes
Most Creative
Best Use Of Color
Best Use of Black and White

The Graphics Team will also make the final winners and special category Graphics.

This competition is made possible by members of the Graphics Team, Administrators and the Info Center board Moderators. More importantly, the participants! We hope that you have a fun and safe holiday season!

If you have any questions, please ask here. And please keep looking back at this thread since it will be updated with new boards.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:27 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks for getting this started Mel!

I'll top this so people can easily find it if they have questions.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Thanks Chris.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for starting this.
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm just posting around to spread the word, I am thinking about entering my Tom Welling board this year, only if there's enough people who would like to submit their art for the board. If anyone is, please let me know and I can enter it in. Thank you!
Old 11-04-2016, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

Liv in past years there have been a number of artists on who like to make graphics for many of the boards for their own enjoyment and to make sure that all of the boards who sign up get a couple of graphics. I am sure this year will be no different. You could always sign up and see what happens as you never know who may make something for it .
Old 11-04-2016, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

That is true. Thanks Rae, I'll just sign up and see what happens.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:24 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I've often had some lovely entries at Star Trek from people who don't regularly post at the board.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi there , i never participate in this kind of competition and I have question, is it mean that i can choose for example: easter, summer, christmas holiday theme for the artwork?
Old 11-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for getting this started.

Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful entries this year.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch123 (View Post)
Hi there , i never participate in this kind of competition and I have question, is it mean that i can choose for example: easter, summer, christmas holiday theme for the artwork?
The artwork should be Christmas or similar themed as it is that season .
Old 11-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you for the answer .
Old 11-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

You are welcome, I hope that it helps .
Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have fun everyone. I look forward to seeing all the Holiday Art.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

The list has been updated. Half of this month has now passed, if there's still boards you wish would participate, feel free to contact the moderators and see if they're interested.