Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks

Goldenboy.

That's a great feature, esp. for those of us with cable modems. I usually don't have to log off unless I have turn my machine off.

Carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy
the problem where you have to log in after closing a window should be fixed now. after the next time you log in you shouldn't have to log in again until after you log out.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Banned

I find all this new stuff strange, been on boards and there is no threads on the boards, whats going on and when will this be fully up and running?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypinkdots
I find all this new stuff strange, been on boards and there is no threads on the boards, whats going on and when will this be fully up and running?
well we can't fix problems if people don't describe them in detail. if you find something wrong, describe it as best you can and post a url or direct us to it. that would make my job alot easier.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Addicted Fan

The new FF seems to be running extremely slow. Each pages takes a long time to open and occasionally won't even work.

What's wrong with it? It never did this before.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Administrator

it doesn't seem to be running slow to me, but take a look at how many people are browsing the boards right now. when we had this many people browsing the boards with the old software it barely moved at all.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy
it doesn't seem to be running slow to me, but take a look at how many people are browsing the boards right now. when we had this many people browsing the boards with the old software it barely moved at all.
Hmmm... Well, I'll give it a chance. Just seems to me it has lots of glitches. Thank-you for replying
Old 01-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like it. It'll take a while to get used to though. I really like the background thing
Old 01-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypinkdots
I get this if I use an old URL from before the software switch. Are you trying to surf to a thread via a link that takes you to the old URL? Or are you trying to view a board through your favorites?

Start by going back to the original fanforum url and I hope it clears up the problem. I tried surfing to Third Watch via my favorites and got a board with no threads. But once I realized what I'd done and surfed from the actual Fan Forum home, then reset my faves, there's not a prob.

And Skye it's been slow a bit for me, but I do think that'll work out with a bit of time. Did you by chance clear your cookies and temp files? And someone had said something about the background being java based? If it is, and you have java disabled, it might make things slower for you. But I am not sure if it's java applet or not.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
I get this if I use an old URL from before the software switch. Are you trying to surf to a thread via a link that takes you to the old URL? Or are you trying to view a board through your favorites?

Start by going back to the original fanforum url and I hope it clears up the problem. I tried surfing to Third Watch via my favorites and got a board with no threads. But once I realized what I'd done and surfed from the actual Fan Forum home, then reset my faves, there's not a prob.

And Skye it's been slow a bit for me, but I do think that'll work out with a bit of time. Did you by chance clear your cookies and temp files? And someone had said something about the background being java based? If it is, and you have java disabled, it might make things slower for you. But I am not sure if it's java applet or not.
the background is done in css, I would never use java applets
Old 01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah it took me a while too to be able to login, I kept trying but it didn't work and when I'll click on link it'll give me blank boards, I kept clicking on links but none would work, I almost freaked out that I'm having puter probs again lol, and then I clicked on vote links in the bottom it worked just fine, turned out I was accessing it using the link in favorites folder, and links in signatures won't work either cause they're from old site thats all blank now.. so had to update in signature.. but yes I like the look of it, it's a little slow at times and gives you this error alot: "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." other than that its great.. and sometime right when you're posting a new replly it says server is busy and you lose all that you typed and you have to retype.. happened to me once.

Last edited by Hunniah; 01-04-2005 at 12:04 PM
Old 01-04-2005, 11:54 AM
Administrator

we'll get the problem with fixed with old url's asap, it's gonna take a couple days to work out all the problems, it always does.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

*whew* Thanks for not using java applets.

Then Skye, hun, I'm not sure what advice to give.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

My main problems:
-the small ad at the top right creates a grey bar underneath it that runs all the way down the page and forces all the threads/posts to be squished.
-I can't see a lot of words that should show up. At the top I see 'you have 0 unread private messages' but underneath that is a large purple area where I assume my userCP, logout, etc.. is listed but they aren't for me. I don't see any words there. I can click on little areas where words should be though but I don't know what I'll be clicking on.
-right now it's slow and I'm getting a lot of server is busy when I try to post. I know it's probably due to the traffic right now- I'm just letting you know why I may not be posting.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mvpics

My main problems:
-the small ad at the top right creates a grey bar underneath it that runs all the way down the page and forces all the threads/posts to be squished.
-I can't see a lot of words that should show up. At the top I see 'you have 0 unread private messages' but underneath that is a large purple area where I assume my userCP, logout, etc.. is listed but they aren't for me. I don't see any words there. I can click on little areas where words should be though but I don't know what I'll be clicking on.
-right now it's slow and I'm getting a lot of server is busy when I try to post. I know it's probably due to the traffic right now- I'm just letting you know why I may not be posting.
can you make a screencap of what you're seeing and post it?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Total Fan

I don't know why, but nothing's really woking for me right now. I wanna go to the Role Play board and there's just nothing. And it's not only this thread... Every threads like that... I have to click like hundreds of times until it's there. That's totally crappy.. I liked the last layout before this one here now much better...

Hope it'll soon work better..
Avi: Erin
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top