New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreva_99
It's very different from the last one.

I like some of the new features though. Being able to PM up to five people at the one time is such a good idea!! I know that I will be using that feature.

That feature has been there for awhile. At least I have had it. Let me tell you, made PMing people about voting for Brad a whole lot easier.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the upgrade.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

what does the tiny little cross mean on some posters names at the top? When I see some browsers at the top, some of them have a small cross by their name...?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Am I the only person with a red light? Instead of green? I've noticed some posters who said they are invisible have green (or grey) lights.
And like many others who have asked, I can see my name under currently active users even though my red light says I'm invisible. Am I the only one who can see my name?

I'm not complaining, it's just that it takes a very long time for me to learn new tricks

Last edited by LittleMilkJug; 01-03-2005 at 11:31 PM
Old 01-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great new changes. I love it. I was confused for a while

I have 2 questions.

1. The report button for this new look...the last button on the old look wouldn't work, will the new look boards, report button work for us for bad people?

2. Threads in BOLD...does that mean there are new posts in the threads?

Thanks.
Kelly
Old 01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Does anyone know how to upload an avatar? It will only let me pick an already made one or none at all and I have a beautiful EdR avatars in the works to be used.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Passionate Fan

everyone!

Just out of curiosity, what will happen with my HP smilies? Is this just a temporary thing, or will we not be able to have specific smilies, such as HP, Roswell, other TV shows, etc.? Just wondering, cuzz I guess I'll have to change my sig if there's no HP smilies!

Happy New Year, everybody!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLSTAR
Phee or anyone -

is there anyway to upload new avaters to your accout, like we have in the past. The only options I see are the preFF avaters and also the option to have no avater. Am I the only one w/ this problem?
Just had a quick look and I can't see anywhere for uploading custom avies. I've had the same one forever, so I don't usually go into the editing options much and I don't even remember what the old layout looked like.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have a few questions.

Can the Judging Amy Board be fixed to look like some of the other boards? The way it is now you have to scroll all the way over to the right to see who posted last and see what time/day it was posted. As a moderator of that board it would be helpful if I could be able to see all the rows without having to scroll over.

I went to both the Books and Off Topics Boards and they look strange. Only the time appears under Last Read. The day doesn't appear. I went into the threads in the Books and Off Topic Boards and you can't read the posts. There are different smiles and such. There is no text though. It's very weird. Can the boards be fixed so that the threads can be read? Will the day be added under last read for those boards?

Why isn't Private Messages an option under the menu bar? I had to go under User CP to get to my PM's.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalloryKeaton
Why isn't Private Messages an option under the menu bar? I had to go under User CP to get to my PM's.
There's a link up where you login that says Hello, username, you have blank private messages. It's next to the search box.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kelly-

2. Threads in BOLD...does that mean there are new posts in the threads?

Yes, it does. =) It's not as obvious as before so I was a bit confused, too.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to ask like a lot of people are asking. Where can I upload custom avatars? Because the edit avatar thing, doesnt' give me that option.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Wow, it has taken me hours to be able to post.

The only question I have is - Will the IMG tag option being enabled for sigs stay that way? or is it just until you guys adjust it?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Banned

A few problems/questions...

1. Custom avatar issue
2. In someone's profile there is a Group membership section.
3. In FAQ there is something about referrals. Is that new or did I just not notice it before?
4. I have my time set for (GMT -5) but the site says my time is (GMT -4).
Old 01-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Website Manager

You have to turn off/change Daylight Savings adjustment for it to go to GMT-4...
Old 01-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee
Just had a quick look and I can't see anywhere for uploading custom avies. I've had the same one forever, so I don't usually go into the editing options much and I don't even remember what the old layout looked like.
I don't know about you, but I see my upload box underneath the area you choose a default one, there is an option to chose upload one.