Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Just reposting my question about standard avis....did some get removed?
Oh, and is it just me or does anyone else click on the last page link and not get the last page. Often I click on page 3 because there is no other page number or "last page" option, but there are pages after it with posts...
Old 01-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Absolute Fan

So if we choose to be in invisible mode why does it tell you at the top of the page who is viewing the forum? If I can see my own name , does everyone else see it? If yes, then what is the use of the invisible mode? And on top of that you have this glowing red button under your posts announcing to everyone that you are in invisible mode... Not very invisible guys.

Also the ginormous ad down the full side of the forum is very annoying, it just takes away so much of the space, can you not just have another banner ad at the bottom of the page?

The pages are extremely slow in loading , sometimes not at all and you either have to refresh or completely resend the page to actually get it to 'pop' on moments later.

After you post a reply, you have to scroll through all of the 'printable version etc..to get to the bottom of the thread to get back to the 'forum scroller' to either return to the thread or go to another one. Can't you move back up closer to the last post to be more accessable.
Rob on Edward:""He's intensely lonely. You think you'll never have anything in your life, and not even in your life...for eternity, suddenly you meet this 1 thing that provides everything that you've ever wanted in over 100 years and yet you can feel the time slipping away so quickly, like her lifespan is non-exsistant."
Old 01-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfITellUIllHav2KillU
So if we choose to be in invisible mode why does it tell you at the top of the page who is viewing the forum? If I can see my own name , does everyone else see it? If yes, then what is the use of the invisible mode? And on top of that you have this glowing red button under your posts announcing to everyone that you are in invisible mode... Not very invisible guys.

Only you can see your own name when under invisible mode. Your name should have a little * beside it I believe. As for the red light... I've never seen anyone on the boards with a red light so I assume that only you can see yourself with that when you are invisible as well.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Website Manager

You are correct.

You can only see your own * and the red light only shows up for yourself if you are invisible, you'd see other invisible people as being "offline"
Old 01-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfITellUIllHav2KillU
Also the ginormous ad down the full side of the forum is very annoying, it just takes away so much of the space, can you not just have another banner ad at the bottom of the page?
ITA. It's really grating on my nerves, and could just as easily be at the bottom. Or if it's absolutely necessary, why not have it after the first post on the page horizontally, like at another board I visit. At least it doesn't screw up the page, and it will be seen just as much.

Plus, are they supposed to be ads now? Because all I'm getting at the top and sides are black boxes, but down the bottom there's an ad. What's the deal with that?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

If you just see black boxes, probably your firewall or browser is blocking the ads. The ads come from different places, so one may be blocked but not the other.

The reason they aren't stacked at the top of the page is because then you have to scroll a lot to get to anything useful. This is a comprimise, so that the side ad is at the top of the page, but you don't have to scroll to get to the actual boards.

If we could get rid of ads, we would, nobody likes them. But they're a necessary evil to keep this site running. And I visit other sites that use the same sort of layout, it's not uncommon. I actually prefer the boards offcenter on the left ... it's a different look for FF, kinda stylish I think.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Master Fan

I have to say I'm actually really enjoying the new upgrade. The look is much better and less jumbled. I do have one inquiry though. I'm wondering if this new sytem makes it so you can't stay logged in all the time or is there something I'm missing? It's a real pain to have to log in everytime I sign on to the internet. I did what someone posted on this thread about clearing your forum cookies but that doesn't work. I'd appreciate if someone could help me out, thanks!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Addicted Fan

I still get the following error message when I try to edit the (admittedly very long) first post of our Portkey on the Harry Potter board

Quote:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/httpd/vhosts/fanforum.com/httpdocs/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 1101
Can this be helped? Or shall I just try to open a new thread and maybe put this one post into two posts?

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caradeangel
I still get the following error message when I try to edit the (admittedly very long) first post of our Portkey on the Harry Potter board

Can this be helped? Or shall I just try to open a new thread and maybe put this one post into two posts?
Your post doesn't exceed the character limit, it's not even close. I think the problem is it's just complex, with a lot of vB tags.

Anyway, I've fixed the problem. It should work now, at least it does for me.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Thank you so very much! It works just fine now.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

I was on vacation while all the new stuff was going on. I'm happy to say I haven't had one single problem. Great Job Everyone. Two thumbs up.

Icon
Old 01-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Addicted Fan

To the right where the ad's suppose to be (i think) There's a small frame were FF loads. And it's loading and when it's fully loaded it loads again and again and again. And it maked FF very slow and it's extremely annoying.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how i can change it?
Old 01-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

I was wondering if the traiffic on the site is still higher than normal? Pages are taking longer than usual to load. I gave it a few days, but it's still taking a long time for pages to load.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For me the pages load slowly every now and again. Normally all the loading is done but it takes a few moments for the page to appear, then other times it never appears and I have to refresh. It's weird though because it happens intermittently. Some pages load just fine, others take ages.

Kat | icon |
Old 01-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I know a lot of people have already said something about this but I can't actually see any writing on the Buffy boards or any board with dark backgrounds. I enter a thread but I cant see the replies or quotes. Is there anything I can do?

Shipper of: Karl/Susan, Dawson/Joey, Bridget/Mark, Willow/Tara
Closed Thread   Post New Thread