Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

it is sorta old-schoolish fan forum, but i don't like how the background color doesn't display all the way through the browser window. i don't like the little patterned background thingie.

I also don't like the new little display thingies next to posts that show the status of threads. they're all yellow. and boxy and garrish.
Samantha #121
Old 01-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

I'm fixed! Woohoo.

.icon.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Yeah, I get the server busy comment all the time, but I'm assuming it will go away.

I do have some questions, too, and figure they'll eventually get answered or I'll figure them out. Why are some threads in bold and others not?

Will the Topped threads now be called Sticky

Is there any way I can request ALIAS to look like the MOD board? In other words, with the MOD board, more threads are visible on a typical screen. I do have to scroll right to see who posted last and when. However, on the up and down viewing, vertical, more threads are visible. I'd like all the boards, particularly mine, to be like that. ALIAS, however, is all squished. In other words, about four threads are visible in the vertical screen, and they encompass square type boxes.

Guess I'm just not used to the chagne, but will adjust

Carol

Edited to add that we can now only post 30 seconds apart. I wonder if that can be reduced back to the 10 seconds apart????

Last edited by Yellow Mustang Girl; 01-03-2005 at 09:37 PM
Old 01-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Currently Active Users:

Lucii*

Why is there an asterick next to my name? And am I the only one who sees my name there since I chose to be invisible?

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Administrator

We definitely have some tweaking to do, so please bear with us. Right now, I can't stay logged in. If I leave Fan Forum and I come back, I have to log in again, even though I don't log out when I close my browser window. This didn't happen to me before.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucii
Currently Active Users:

Lucii*

Why is there an asterick next to my name? And am I the only one who sees my name there since I chose to be invisible?
Same with me. I was wondering the same thing.

.icon.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

I have a question about "uploading avaterS", I don't see the option. I go to the edit avater screen, and where do I go to upload. All I see is the avaters that FF has for members with post counts under 500. I'm confused as to how I can change my avater to a non-ff avater? Can someone help me out here.

kenny | credit
Old 01-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Okay yeah I have an asterisk next to my name so I'm assuming I'm invisible to everyone else, which is how i like it, but then I saw on another posters name, they had a tiny little cross next to their name...what does that mean? is there a legend for this stuff?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

I have an * too

I think it means, we're invisible and only we can see our asterick's.

But I have a ?, you see on the left column there's a button that says whether someone is on or offline, if we're invisible, how does it show up on someone else's machine?

and another ?--I accidentally posted multiple copies of a message so I went to erase
the duplicates. Did you know, you know when you have someone on ignore and you'd see the box with their name on it? Well that's what that looks like, then you have to click on the 'manage' button and make the deleted post invisible. I'm sure that'll be fixed in the future, but I thought you should know.

Carol

Quote:
Currently Active Users:

Lucii*

Old 01-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Took me a while to be able to login to my account but it looks nice. I like it, have to get used to the new change but i'm sure it'll turn out great.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Old 01-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Currently Active Users:

Lucii*

That's my only question, too. I had a look around for a legend that explains what the * means, but I couldn't find anything.

Other than that I haven't had any probs so far apart from the "server busy" message, but I assume that'll sort itself out soon.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Phee or anyone -

is there anyway to upload new avaters to your accout, like we have in the past. The only options I see are the preFF avaters and also the option to have no avater. Am I the only one w/ this problem?

kenny | credit
Old 01-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

I don't like it

I think it's because it keeps changing, we get use to one layout and then it changes again
Old 01-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

If the newer version has better security, then that's fine by me.

Raonaild, can you please check out the Billy Boyd board? On my browser, it appears that the data in the thread starter column for the threads is missing. The result is that the last post column is all black. The announcements look fine, though.

I tried refreshing, but it still looked the same. I also checked out other uncustomized boards, and they appear fine.

Thanks very much!
Old 01-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

It's very different from the last one.

I like some of the new features though. Being able to PM up to five people at the one time is such a good idea!! I know that I will be using that feature.

It's Elementary my dear Watson

Last edited by foreva_99; 01-03-2005 at 11:27 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread