Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2006, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

FF crashing for 30 mn after trying to post on some threads

Hi

Since yesterday, when I try to post on some threads, on the Roswell board, FF crashes for 30 minutes. : I get a "page cannot be displayed" and it lasts 30 minutes. But my IE works just fine with other sites, just not with FF during that time.

I have this problem on some threads, like the Dreamer thread, the Roswell letter ending game thread, the Roswell 300 words story thread, the Roswell this or that thread.

My only solution is to turn my computer off and to restart it. Then I can access FF, but not the threads I mentioned above.

I haven't installed any new programs, I haven't changed anything (no new printer, for example), I didn't change my anti-virus or my anti-spyware. So I really don't know what's going on. It seems like there is something in conflict between my computer and some threads on the Roswell board, but I don't know what.

Thanks for answering me.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you use Norton? It's most likely your firewall. The same happened to me yesterday. I've followed a link to a thread and got a message from Norton, which told me that something was blocked. So, I checked my firewall and noticed that it had blocked FF. You can manually unblock it though. And it might be good to add FF to the secure sites, but I'm not sure if it's happening all the time, since it just happened to me once.
Aikaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, I use Norton. How do you add FF as a secure site ? And why does it do that on some threads, and not on others ?

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
Yes, I use Norton. How do you add FF as a secure site ? And why does it do that on some threads, and not on others ?
I'm not sure how I did that, but here is a good explanation on how to do this. It's for Norton Internet Security 2004, but I'm pretty sure it works the same for the newer versions, since I have the 2005 one and I think I did those things explained there.

As for why it's only happening on some threads: I'm not sure why, but there must be a trigger, like a certain word or maybe something in the script.
Aikaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread