Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Congratulations Goldenboy, JerryD, and to all the people who work to make this wonderful place that is

It's been a really fast 10 years! I've been here for most of it! I found it through Crashdown and I think there was only were only a few sites then - Am I remembering correctly that all the threads were on one board? I joined in November, 1999, so I may not remember all that well. There is no other site on the net that supports its fans the way FF does - with integrity and character! It's a place where fans can feel comfortable and where we can all celebrate our obsessions with popular culture in a positive way. I loved going through all the Roswell hype, angst, and discussion of the stories at that time! And it's still fun to participate in discussions today.

I loved reading all your memories, Stacy and JerryD! And the :FF: logos through the years were amazing. I had forgotten those early ones! I'll never forget coming in here after 9/11 and how we were able to share a tragic world event with others here. I don't post much since I'm a person of few words, but I enjoy the community we have created here - a special shout-out to the wonderful Jason Behr board!

I would like to especially commend the positive ways the communities have impacted our world - by supporting and donating to wonderful causes that really have helped people. This is a community that can really accomplish something - a true world community. How wonderful that the the internet could really live up to its potential to bring people together in positive ways!

You guys have done a good thing here. I know it has been a huge headache at times, and at times you've probably thought a lot about just packing it in since it's a lot of work! I just want you to know that I really appreciate it!

Last edited by Hoodie; 11-23-2008 at 12:49 PM
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

I've been so fortunate to meet Sabs (amazing girl!) when she was in Finland, and even thou i visited her only fot one night it was so much fun and i will never forget it.

I love all the friends i've made and i feel like i've known some of you all my life! (Chrissie and Sibel i LOVE you!) I wish to meet so many more of you some day and make more and more friends and maybe one day to became a mod to a board i love. Being rejected to the mod has also meda me love FF even more, even thou it might sound funny. That has just made me post even harder!

Is seriously my second home and i'm proud to announce that i'm really freaking addicted and i just LOVE it!!

KATE. | icon
me and the sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Jerry and happy birthday

I haven't seen the older banners before.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Congrats FF!

is the first place I go to when I go online, and the last place I go to when I log off. It's just home to me. I'm so glad to have seen it flourish over the years, and I'm so happy to be part of the Mod Team, helping the site flourish even more. It's a special place, and here's to ten more amazing years, and more!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Oh my, this brings so many memories

I do remember all but the first two logos of , I remember when it became e4fans.com and how annoyed I was when I couldn't find the site for a day or so, I remember lurking on the DC board (via DCDN) and then being warmly welcome on the Warm&Fuzzies DJ thread there, I remember posting on the Katie Holmes board and finding pictures to keep Chaz happy, I remember the good times with Frances, Jerry , Peter, Deb, Tiff, Sabrina, Dora, Bea, Karen and Mich (sorry to those I forgot) on the DC board and a lot of them on the JVDB board, I remember the original Hussies thread and the Arrows thread on LOtR... I met my best friend here, thanks to whom I am where I am now.
Then there was the three screennames, the coloured stars, the 50x50 avis that were so hard to animate, the stock icons (I miss those ),
I also remember being right here on 9/11, hoping and checking that everyone was OK and the relief when I eventually heard from people. It even brought PJ and DJ fans into the same thread with no fighting.

The screenshot of the FanArt board... man, I used to post there

Oh hey, Jerry, I still have your AIM screenname Remember me?

Co Congratulations ! And here's to another couple of decades :beer:

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
JenMixelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

OMG, I remember first coming here for Dawson's Creek spoilers... back when it was forums4fans.com and I was DC OBSESSED. I would lurk from time to time to this,

And I remember the little mini avies! You could get them as a newbie... I remember having Pooh for awhile.

Yellow is for "I'm working on it."
malia tate
lalatina15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Congrats to

Wow...10 years Fanforum, that's amazing!

I really love this place here. All the people here are wonderful persons, even if I don't know them in real, but I think I found some great friends here.

I became addicted to since my first log in and I think a day without is a lost day.

Go for another ten years !!!
Old 11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

It's so hard to believe is 10 years old. .

I haven't been here for the full 10, but a little more than half. Dawson's Creek brought me to the board. Now, with the love (and slight obsession) of all things entertainment, this is a great place to meet fans and form friendships that can last.

Thanks for all that and here's hoping for more years to come.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
FinallyPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Jen for diggin up old stuff and changing the default graphics and for the icons!
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Woooooooooooooooo Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy 10th Anniversary Fan Forum

If it wasn't for Fan Forum, i wouldnt have got the chance to get to know Evie, Kay, Kayla and NAYNAY. So thanks FF for giving me new friends

TYLOR SWIFT
MRLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy 10th Anniversary FF! If it wasn't for here I wouldn't have met some of my great friends. Congrats all!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Happy 10th anniversary

I'd like to thank the creators of the site, because I can't imagine life without now, it's become like a second home and I was so honored to be selected as one of the mods here.

I have met some many great people through and have had so many great memories and experiences. I couldn't love this site more.
Nonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

I've been here 7 years now! (5th graphic ) It's so weird! But I wouldn't give it up for the world So many of my good friends are from here, people I talk to every day or almost...
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Total Fan

i really love this place...when it went down for like a week recently i felt empty..

when i joined ,my sleeping habits changed... (coz of the stupid time zones ) i feel like i need to be awake all day just to talk to everyone...

i can't imagine my day without anymore... it has become a part of me...this is not just a place to talk/discus/rant about a show/couple/character.... is special to me because through i met special friends... friends that i love so dearly...

to Fan Forum... happy happy 10th anniversary!!! thank you for putting up a place like this..
charmingbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:02 PM
New Fan

As a former poster of the "Roswell 2 board," I would like to extend my heartfelt "thank you" to everyone at Fan Forum. This was a chapter of my own life that did eventually pass me by when it was finally cancelled, and I have lost touched with the fan base. I missed the daily stops at this board and Crashdown. And I never forgot the Tabasco sauce campaign.

"October Road" brought me back to this old stomping ground and while I wasn't there at the very birth of this great forum, it is a pleasure to celebrate this tenth anniversary with you.
macphoen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread