Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Happy anniversary, !

I joined almost 2 years ago and I pretty soon found myself addicted to this thing here.
All the people I meet here I'm very happy for.
Especially on Lauren and Gilmore Girls board, where I post usually.

I also wanna thank all the mods and managers here for their efforts

Congrats again
Old 11-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Happy 10 years! That is amazing! Definitely worth celebrating!

This forum has always been so welcoming.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy 10th Anniversary, !

I joined 5 years ago (part of its life!) and never regretted it!
I joined because of the CSI board. I remember when there wasn't individual shipper threads back then.

I love everyone here and I am so happy to be a part of it!

Here's to another 10 years!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Wow! Ten years, that's amazing! I came here last year and I have loved being here ever since I clicked on the link in my search engine! Although I will admit when I first came here I thought the BH 90210 board was the only one that existed . But no, is like a second home to me. I have met so many great people here! And I hope that someday I get to meet some of you wonderful people in person!

Secondly, Fan Forum wouldn't be what it is today without all the mods, management, support, graphics team groups, you guys are the backbnone to this forum and you aren't thanked nearly enough for all the hard work and effort you put into this forum! So thank you guys for a year of wonderful memnories and 10 years of a great forum! Thirdly, the posters, you guys are also the backbone to this forum! You have taken me on a wonderful ride!

So thank you guys and congratulations for ten years of wonderful menories!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Ahh, I wasn't here for the first two banners, but I definitely remember all the other ones.

is half as old as I am. So my memories are rather vague since everything kinda blurs together for me, and I've been here for more than seven years.

Congratulations and happy anniversary to !!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy 10th Anniversary
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly cannot believe it's been ten years. It has been one hell of a ride over the past decade of FF.

I originally found FF from the Dawson's Creek Daily site. There wasn't alot of up to date sites for DC and I was really pleased to find something with news and spoilers about my obsession, lol. I found the forum probably right around the time it opened. I joined under another name and posted on the three boards I believe we had, Dawson's Creek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Spoilers. I posted here for about a year and then graduated high school and started college and didn't return here until 02.

In 02 I noticed that FF had added several new boards and affiliated with websites like Crashdown. The Roswell love was in full swing and I can remembr nights spent on Ros1 and Ros2. Around this time I decided to retire my old user name and create my current one.

It was during this time that I finally began to make long lasting friendships on the boards by posting on the UC Ships thread on the Buffy board. I met so many wonderful people, Shannon, Regina, Cody, Xhander, and my best friend Casandra who I've remained in contact with for eight years now.

I started to branch out from the DC and BtVS boards and posted around Roswell and joined in with the rabid fandom. You know I hear alot about the devoted fanbase of OTH, but we don't have anything on the Roswell fans, I have never in my life seen such a devoted group of people who loved a show that changed their lives. I am still amazed at the fans of the show and how they've stayed together over the years and still support the actors.

I was never so happy as the day I was appointed moderator of the 7th Heaven board we had here. Jerry talked to me alot during this time and helpped me to bring the board back up to a good standard. It was hardly getting any posts and soon with the help of myself and my wonderful co-Mod, we turned the board around and made it a fun place to post. I was so proud of the work I did there and all the people I met and have remained friends with over the years.

I can still remember how thrilled I was to step foot on the Moderator board, it was like reaching the VIP room of a club or something. I was so excited.

FF went through many changes during these times, there was the huge split of the support team and the launch of Media Blvd and FF was down for quiet some time. I remember all the drama during this time and how confusing it was for all of us. I think it shows alot about us that we've come out of that as a strong site due to all the hard work put in by everyone.

After 7th Heaven, I became the Moderator of The L Word and Mandy Moore. Those boards are all gone now and I really miss them, but I am happy with the Sophia Bush board, it provides alot of stress at times, but it's a wonderful board filled with devoted fans and friends. I was very shy about coming onto that board after it had endured alot of drama and shipper wars, but I'm proud to say that it was for the most part, a smooth ride. I love the posters there, they are wonderful people.

FF has been a second home to me throughout the years. It is my comfort place and while there are times that it feels like a job moreso than a hobby, it is always home to me and I would be lost without it. I can look back at how much I've changed over the years and all the shows and fandoms that I have overgrown, but still see how important FF is to me. I wouldn't know what to do without this place, it is always there for me and I meet new people everyday.

Some of my favorite memories here are times when we've all banded together. I'll never forget during 9/11 and Katrina how we had the check in threads and I was able to see how these events changed people's lives. It has opened my eyes to the world outside the small town I live in.

It hasn't always been pretty, in fact we've had some very hectic times here, but we've survived and we are still going strong. I can't think of any other website or forum on the net that has lasted this long as continues to get better. I honestly would have never thought ten years ago that we'd still be here, but I am glad we have.

I want to thank everyone who have put in so much of their time to make this place what it is. You are amazing people and should be proud of yourself. There are so many people who should be thanked but I'd be writing forever and I think I've already done it.

So in conclusion I am just going to list some things that I have loved and kept in my heart over the years. Congrats on 10 wonderful years FF, let's look forward to another 10!

- The Dawson's Creek shipper wars. Weren't those fun Jerry?
- The un-merging of the Buffy/Angel board. It was so bittersweet.
- FF on the night of the Season Two premiere of Roswell. We nearly shut the place down.
- The UC Ships thread on the Buffy board. I can honestly remember having thread titles like Oz/Guitar shippers! We were crazy.
- The summer between Season Two and Three of Roswell and the fan movement to get it renewed. Tobasco bottles anyone?
- The Cordelia/Angel thread on the Angel board. The summer between S3 and S4 we would go through two threads a day on Sundays. We gave meaning to the word Post Whore.
- Various actors/writers posting here. The Mark Schwann thread on OTH was very interesting at times.
- The OC premiere post, it went on for several threads just discussng the pilot. Good times.
- Jerry's posts on the Everwood episode discussion threads. I loved those.
- The Jessica Biel thread on the 7th Heaven board. I miss you guys!
- The Star Trek request thread, so many great people there.
- The closing of The L Word board, such a sad time.
- The hacking incidents and all the drama that ensued.
- The big FF blackout, how long did we have to post on Media Blvd til it returned? I was going through withdrawls.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy 10th anniversary
I've only been here for a little over a year but the site is really accomadating for newbies and i've settled and really feel that every board is it's own family.

here's to another 10
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy anniversary!

Hands down for all the people who make it possible that exists and try to make it better and better!

I joined this year but I came here before, to read news, gossip, spoilers. Then I decided to join and I got addicted.

It's a great place for fans from all over the world and I met so many nice people here and I just love being here and posting about things I love.

Happy anniversary and keep it going!

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, congrats to I can't get over the changes that happened, even though I haven't been here for many of them.

Seriously though, congrats on creating a little home on the internet for all of us, it's been a hell of a ride, and may the next 10 years be just as awesome.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Lost in Translation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Wow! FF has really been around for 10 years?! That's just super amazing! I joined almost...6(!) years ago!

I remember early on I just lurked.I was too nervous to post anything.I discovered FF through looking for tv spoilers and FF was pretty much the best of the best.I remember lurking around and reading everything.Reading Dawson's Creek spoilers was the best! I loved the discussions on that board! So many crazy shipper wars.I even remember the faux spoilers of the series finale.It was just great.

I finally decided to start posting on FF late in 2004 and I never went back.I stumbled upon the 'Role Playing' board and that was it for me.I've seen so many good times there and made some close friends forever.

I'll also always remember my obsessive posting at 'just starting out' boards.I was a crazy O.C.,Lost,and Gossip Girl posting when they all first came out.It was super fun.I may have gotten busier over the years but remembering the days when I had all the time to do that is great.

And who can forget the big FF blackout?! I remember going crazy during it.Only shows how awesome of a place this is and how great of a job the people who run it do.

Here's to another 10 years of awesomeness!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
DreamOn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

10 years I've been on and off here for 6 years Thats like more than half the sites lifetime
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:36 AM
SPA
Master Fan

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!

It's a privilege to be a member and mod of this group. Truly the best people-friendly envronments out on the internet. There's a lot to be proud of -- another reason to give thanks this coming Thursday.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this Group.

Celebrate heartily!!!

Thanx for the icons, Jen -- I'm going to use one of them in honor of this milestone!!
I'm always in Scott's corner.
SPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

I have so many fond memories of Fan Forum. I first found Fan Forum through a link that I got from a Dawson’s Creek related message board, and I immediately felt at home here. I’ve been with Fan Forum almost since the very beginning, and it started out as a small website with only one message board and a few hundred members, and we all got to know each other well through posting together and through the Fan Forum chat room, which was originally called “Goldenboy’s Cheapo Chatroom!”

I was part of a group that would meet up in the Fan Forum chat room and chat away until the wee small hours of the morning. I’d go into work like a zombie the next day, but it was worth it, because I was having so much fun. There are so many people that I chatted with then that I’ve lost touch with, but I remember them all, and I have a lot of fond memories of that time.

I remember the “Joey Wars” on the Dawson’s Creek board, where we used to argue about whether or not Joey was right to break up with Dawson. I, and a lot of other people were furious at Joey for breaking up with Dawson and dating Jack (surprise! ) and a lot of other people understood what Joey did and defended her on those threads. Our discussions got heated at times, but they didn't get nearly as nasty as some of the “couple wars” later got. I also remember that Goldenboy bet that I would be the one who would post the 2000th post on the site, because he said that I “posted here all the time!”

I also remember when the Off Topic board first opened up, and some of the great discussions that we had then, and I remember that the original moderator of the Off Topic board got to be the moderator on that board because Goldenboy posted that the first person who responded to wanting to be an Off Topic board moderator would be appointed one! I also remember the “Virtual Bus Trip to Wilmington,” thread on the Off Topic board, when we had to bail Thelma, one of our posters who later became a moderator and a Moderator Manager here, out of jail, and I sang songs on the trip, and I also remember a pot thread that was started by one of our early posters, neco, which we got up to 420 posts, and then someone ruined it by posting the 421st post with an anti-marijuana diatribe.

I also remember coming here for support when I lost my job in 1999, and how nice some people were to me, and how it really felt like we were all part of something really special. I also remember the Jack Pack, and the “battles” between Brit Alexander and Imoen, when they would insult each other in Latin!

I also remember going to both Fan Forum parties, and I think that the one at the Key Club in Los Angeles was the best one, and it was so neat to meet the stars of Roswell! I really enjoyed meeting many of the people that I had corresponded with for years in person, and some of my Fan Forum friends became my real life friends.

I think one of my most moving Fan Forum memories took place the first month I started, and we found out that one of the posters had been killed in an automobile accident, and some of us pulled together and organized sending a memorial message to her family. I loved the sense of community that we had back then, and it made me realize what a special place Fan Forum really is, and although Fan Forum has changed a lot since then, I still think it’s a very special place.

I remember how thrilled and honored I felt when Leif asked me to be the site Administrator five years ago after the Media Blvd. split. A lot of people had written us off at that time and it seemed like our glory days were behind us and we were on our way out, but thanks to the dedication and support of a lot of people, we came back stronger than ever, and I’ll always be grateful to the people who hung in there and stayed loyal to this website.

The Dawson’s Creek board and the Everwood board will always have a special place in my heart due to the fact that I moderated those boards before I became the site Administrator, and I still try to stop by and post on both those boards when I can. I also love posting on the Spoilers board and the News & Politics board, and I enjoy posting on the episode discussion thread on the One Tree Hill board.

I think the thing I value most about Fan Forum are the friends that I’ve made here. To be sure, Internet friendships can be superficial and fleeting, and there are people I was friends with from here that I’ve lost touch with, but there have been a few people that I’ve kept in touch with for almost ten years now, and who I’ve talked to on the phone and even met in person, and I’ll always cherish the time I spent at Fan Forum for that. I also cherish my friendship with Goldenboy (Leif) who stood by me through some tough times, and whose continued support and encouragement makes this all possible.

To put things simply, I love this place. It’s my home on the Internet, and it’s the first place I check in the morning when I wake up, and it’s the last place that I check at night before I go to bed. I don’t know what I’d do without Fan Forum, and I went stir crazy during the times we were off line, so I’d especially like to thank Raonaild for the great job she does to keep us up and running.

I’ve said this many times before, but running Fan Forum truly is a labor of love for me, and I look forward to continuing to lead Fan Forum along with the Management Team and moderators as we begin our second decade, and I thank each and every one of you for your loyalty and devotion to this website.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Happy 10 years! I discovered Fan Forum through OTHforums. Thanks to all the Mod Managers and Admins for everything they do around here!

I've had such great memories at the Bethany Joy board, that where I first went when I signed up on I've made so many great friends there and there memories I will never forget with them. ♥
Reply   Post New Thread