Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2018, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. I hadn't realized it was 20 years. Where did the time go. I realize how I have been lurking or member since almost the beginning. I came to this board due to Roswell, and eventually registered and spent a lot of time of on the Spoiler thread. Wow, time flies.

I have always loved this board. Love the many debates and many shows I have followed thanks to this board!

A great job keeping it going all these years. And to the many years to come.

Congratulations Fanforum!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:57 AM
MST Manager

Amazing OP!

I came to Fan Forum because I was a fan of Matthew Perry (I still am) and I posted at the Friends board and the Zac Efron board because they were in a film together.
Then I became a fan of LOST and Josh Holloway so I spent most of my time on the Josh board and eventually became a mod for that board. I also became a mod for the LOST and Intelligence boards.

The Josh Holloway board is the only one left and I would like to thank my ex co-mod Fran (Hawthorn) and my co-mod Sandra (Impossible Girl) for being amazing and making being a mod a wonderful experience.

I have branched out to visit other boards of subjects I am interested in or to participate in survivors and celebrations and I always get a good welcome.

Recently I became an MST which has been a great experience and I have learned about boards that I might not have otherwise visited.

Thank you to everyone who has made the experience being a mod and MST not as scary as it could have been and to everyone who keeps the board going.

Congratulations
Old 11-23-2018, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Happy 20 Years

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Thank you to everyone who has helped build this place to what it is now. Special thanks to Leif because he's awesome and is so kind whenever I talk to him, truly a gem.

I'm eternally grateful to this site that I joined almost 10 years ago. I have met incredible people on here that are now my real life friends. They are people that I visit and go on vacation with, and would honestly do anything for and that's all thanks to (... and One Direction. )

Another special thanks to all my precious graphics team members and co-managers, past and present. Rae, you are and always be one of my great friends. You were my rock when things were dark and I hope I was the same for you.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

20 years is fantastic! I am so thankful for this place, to have the opportunity to moderate, to meet so many nice people, and becoming a communications team member this year has been fantastic. In particular moderating Fan Art has been wonderful, to see how much it has grown and changed, especially with the many co-mods that have come and gone on Fan Art, people I urged to apply and who have all helped change FA for the better
Old 11-23-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

WOW!! 20 years!! So fantastic!

I joined a little over 9 years ago because I wanted a place to talk about Leonard & Penny from The Big Bang Theory, but over the years I have branched out & have become interested in other fandoms. I became a moderator in 2011 of the Ashley Tisdale board. While some of the boards I have moderated have closed, including Ashley’s, I’m still the proud permanent moderator of 3 boards (Reality TV, Agent Carter, & Chris Pine) & I have been a member of the MST since 2015 & have gotten to branch out even more & visit/mod boards I might never have before. I’ve also gotten to get to know so many posters over the years & almost consider some of them my BFFs on ! I’ve even gotten to meet a fellow poster (Cathy [Cadenf], moderator of the Rachel Bilson board) in person! This little “world” we have on is definitely “home away from home” & I wish the board much contiuned success & another 20 years!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow congrats on 20 years!!!

I can't remember how I joined . I know I joined over 13 years ago. I mainly posted on the Role Playing board and Reunion back when they were boards here.

The first board I ever modded was Autumn Reeser. I modded that board with Steffi (TessShipper) then Lisa (Lisa2011) and finally Alicia (-Alicia- ). I was so excited not only because it was my first board but it was literally the only board I had posted at since it was first opened. I stepped down from there after a few years.

The second board I modded was Role Playing. I modded it for a bit, but dont think it was very long, with Rosie (Ro? her first username here was sethmer I think. Can't remember what her other one was) then Tasha (zania1 then MrsEdwardCullen) and Pammie (JillyHalliwell and AtomicEmpress). I liked it because it was one of the very first boards I posted at and never left haha. Life got in the way and I unfortunately stepped down after another couple of years.

I have been an MST as well and was lucky enough to be one for awhile after I stepped down from both of my boards.

I've met some good friends here on FF. Some even are my real life friends. They know who they are .

I took a hiatus for a few years and now I'm back here.

Happy 20 years to Fan Forum. Here's to 20 more

Cat.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Happy 20th anniversary I have loved coming here and will continue to come here.

Donna
Old 11-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The OP is lovely. Happy Twentieth, !
MistyMountainHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I joined for Ian Somerhalder and for the longest time, I didn't even know there were other pages/boards to the site
Old 11-24-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Congratulations on 20 years!!! What a wonderful milestone. Thank you so much for giving us all a place to connect and share our passions. I joined a little over 8 years ago, and it has become a home to me and given me so much. THANK YOU.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I joined for Ian Somerhalder and for the longest time, I didn't even know there were other pages/boards to the site
That's hard to believe considering how much all over you are now
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

20 years is amazing! It was so fun to see how FF looked long ago. Wow, it has changed so much!

Thanks to everyone involved for keeping the site going for all the years!
Old 11-24-2018, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

FF has meant so much to me.

I'm so glad I found it years ago.

It's so cool to see myself on the beautiful OP as a long time mod too.

Happy 20th to Fanforum.

Thanks for making this amazing site!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats on 20 years! Love the OP, and wow to see the images of what the forum looked like when I first got here!

I can't believe I was first here 17 years ago. I came, and went, a couple of times. I was doing a search for Shiri Appleby news, and it led me here. I was on the Josh Hartnett board-hence, my username, when I first signed up.

It was first massive posting parties on the Josh board. My craziest memory is the Roswell spoilers. The spoiler wars. That's my most vivid memory of first joining.

I've made a lot of friends. I've made a lot of mistakes. I've learned, and grown, being here.

Anyway, thanks for being here. I have found a lot of friends and family here.

Kim
There You'll Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread