Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Happy 20th, ! I’ve been around for just over half of that and I think the key to its longevity is all of the great people that volunteer their time and effort into making it the best it can be. It’s always been a welcoming place, without any toxicity, which can be a rarity in the internet these days! I’ve made a lot of friends here and I’ll always be grateful for that.

I think Alias brought me here in the first place and I’m still there. I’ve always been proud to be a member of the Moderator team and admire the dedication of those long-term mods listed above. I haven’t moderated anywhere for that long (yet).

At least I managed to cling on to the bottom of the top 20 posters.
Like eenie meenie minie moe
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Violent Delights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations on 20 years !!!

I was seaching for CSI fandom in 2003 and have been around since. I've moderated a tons of boards here, been on the Communications Team when it was Pav. Additionally, I've been on the moderator support team, graphics team, and been a moderator manager/avatars manager, I've enjoyed every bit of it! Now, I'm currently back on the CT because I couldn't stay away!

Thank you to everyone, especially Jerry, Leif, Johnnie and Chris who have made what is today!

Great job on the OP. I love it.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yay for 20 years!

I honestly don't think I would've made it through Jo(from SPN)'s death if it weren't for . I was so distraught over it (it had literally hit me as if I'd lost a family member, i'd gotten emotionally attached to her character in so little time) and luckily found FF and others to talk to who were just as affected by her being killed off the show as I was. Those posters that I posted with really helped me through that time.

But without FF that would not have been possible. So thank you to everyone who helps keep FF running in any shape or form. I'd be lost without all of you and this site. Thank you! Thank you!

And here's to another 20 years!

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

happy anniversary incredible

the OP looks fantastic and seeing all these names along the years amazing milestone and hoping for 20 more to come
Old 11-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh my 20 years , it's a great milestone . I actually can't remember what board brought me here, I'd say there were a few

Thanks to all the moderators etc who have kept going

I can't believe I'm on the top 20 posters

crazy_diamond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I love the OP. Congrats to all!
Old 11-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

fantastic job with the OP
congrats on 20 yrs on such a great board. i love reading everyone's memories of this board. i hope this board will be around for another 20 years and this is such a great place to come to to discuss shows and movies and actors and everything in between. ive met a lot of great people on here as a result, that i will cherish forever
Old 11-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Happy 20 years! The OP was truly a blast from the past!

I joined (after a few months of lurking) in 2003 to discuss Young Americans, first only in the German thread at the board because my English knowledge was limited at best, and then I slowly ventured into the other threads on the board... and then somehow never left? I knew it had been a while but... apparently I'm the 5th oldest mod, what the hell

I've had so many memories on this site, and I think most of my close friendships (online or otherwise) can be traced back to the site somehow. This is where I got my online start in "fandom culture", and I wouldn't change that for the world

also, thanks for the special shoutout to the Young Americans board! Some would say we're dedicated... we like to say we're insane
wolkenfuehlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Amazing that 20 years has passed. It does not feel like 20 years has gone by. It feels like it was literally yesterday that my mom found FF and sent me the link because she knew I loved Roswell.

The OP is really bringing me back. I remember those old banners and board colors.

I am so happy to be here and thank you, FF, for being a wonderful place to spend time.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's funny Victoria that it was your mom that found the link

Guess all thanks to your mom for us having yourself and Steph
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
That's funny Victoria that it was your mom that found the link

Guess all thanks to your mom for us having yourself and Steph
And I can't even remember how she found it. But I was in Junior High School at the time, and she was just like, ah this Crashdown site talks about Roswell. So I checked it out, lurked for a while, but then joined and have been posting since.

Thanks, mom.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's how I found too related to Crashdown
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow this is so amazing and all the work done for this beautiful OP. Congrats on this awesome 20th anniversary milestone! Such an incredible accomplishment for this board.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great OP! Congrats on 20 years! I still cannot believe it has been that long. Time has flown by!
Old 11-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Loyal Fan

How beautiful this OP, and this year is special for me too, because it's been exactly 10 years since I discovered this place, so it's a double celebration for me.

Here I had great interactions and despite being a shy and reserved person, so I write and publish very little here, I have always appreciated all of them and see the movement of the forums that I like and discover new ones (even those already archived that no longer have activities) and participate and see what new ones will open.

And also that, despite the geographical, cultural and demographic barrier, this ends up being less important in what happens here is a convergence of ideas and tastes that's aggregates and make us learn with each other while we discuss about programs and subjects which we like, making it a global village.

Once again, congratulations to all for this 20th Anniversary, for those who have created and who still have the time and love to keep this place and everyone who makes this machine work.

The Rogue Prince
Clarice83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top