Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Fan Forum's 20th Anniversary Celebration!

Credit: chaos blues

Twenty years! What an amazing milestone!

In November 1998 Fan Forum was started
to give fans from all over the world a place
to discuss the TV show Dawson's Creek.
Soon it became apparent that people wanted and needed a place
to discuss their Fandoms with others who shared their passions.
Over the next year we expanded to include boards for
general interests such as Movies, Music & Off Topic.
Before long we realized that people loved or hated
knowing in advance what might happen on their favorite show,
so a separate board was created for Spoilers.
Boards for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Roswell were added
creating a comprehensive forum for fans.

We would like to make special mention of the Young Americans fandom.
This show aired 8 episodes in the summer of 2000,
and the board is still going strong today.

I can't believe it's been 20 years already!
When I launched Fan Forum in 1998 I had
no idea what it would turn into. I was obsessed
with Dawson's Creek at the time, so we started
with that, but it branched out from there quickly.
The growing community was completely responsible
for the direction that Fan Forum went in, and still is
to this day. Without such a great community Fan Forum
would never have made it to this point. This has been such
an amazing thing to be a part of and I am really proud
of the site and everyone involved. Thank you all for
making Fan Forum such a unique and awesome place!

~ Leif

I’m so incredibly proud and thrilled that Fan Forum has reached such a major milestone in its history as we celebrate our 20th Anniversary. From a website that started out with one forum and a couple hundred members, we’ve grown into a website with over 200,000 registered members and so many loyal Members, Moderators, Team Members and Managers who’ve helped make Fan Forum the best website of its kind on the Internet. There are so many people who’ve contributed so much to this website, from the Moderators and Moderator Managers who help make sure all the forums here run smoothly to the Graphics Team Members and Managers who contribute their considerable talent to giving each forum here its unique look, to the Communications Team Managers and Members who “get the word out there” on various Social Media Sites about our website, and to the Moderator Support Team Managers and Members who make sure that all of our forums are covered when people are away or when we add new forums. I’m very happy to have played a small part in watching this website grow and prosper during all of the changes and challenges that we’ve faced over the years, and I look forward to continuing to lead this website as we move into the future.

I’d especially like to thank the following people:
  • Goldenboy, who started this website and who continues to provide us the support to keep us here.
  • Raonaild, who does an invaluable job in keeping us up and running and managing our servers.
  • Johnnie, who manages the Requests System along with L i N d $ @ y that allows us to add new forums that you, our members, vote in.
  • Chris, who manages the Moderator Manager Team and who works tirelessly for this website.
  • NikNak and ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty, who, along with Johnnie manage the Moderator Support Team and who appoint and remove Moderator Support Team Members on a daily basis to ensure that all of our forums here have people to look after them when the regular moderators are away or when new forums are added.
  • shinebrighterxx, spacekru, and vale decem, who manage the Graphics Team and who do so much to make this website such a beautiful place.
  • chaos blues, who manages the Avatars System that allows people to select avatars from each forum here.
  • dancing in the rain and looking at the stars, who manage the Communications Team and who’ve helped us be a part of Social Media and who make Fan Forum known to more people.

Most of all, I’d like to thank all of the Members of this website, because without you, we wouldn’t be here. There have been a lot of changes over the last 20 years, and a lot of websites have come and gone, but we’re still here because of you, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

~ Jerry

Banner Credit: chaos blues
~ Boards organized by forum number.

Credit: banner - shinebrighterxx, images- Damocles

General & Fan Extras Categories
  1. Movies
  2. Music
  3. Spoilers
  4. Off Topic
  5. Info Center (combination of Newbies and Webmasters)
  6. Celebrities (combination of Female Celebrities & Male Celebrities)
  7. Books and Writing
  8. Soaps
  9. Television
  10. Video Games
  11. Sports
  12. Requests
  13. Fan Art
  14. Couples
  15. Disney
  16. Reality TV
  17. Sci-Fi/Fantasy
  18. The 80s
  19. Everyday Life & Interests
  20. Comics & Cartoons

Credit: banner - shinebrighterxx, images- Damocles
Television Categories
  1. Dawson's Creek
  2. Buffy and Angel (combination of Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel)
  3. Roswell
  4. Charmed
  5. The X-Files
  6. That '70s Show
  7. Friends
  8. Young Americans
  9. Gilmore Girls
  10. Smallville
  11. Queer As Folk
  12. Alias
  13. Everwood
  14. American Idol
  15. The O.C.
  16. One Tree Hill
  17. Degrassi
  18. Sex and the City
  19. Veronica Mars
  20. Bones

Female and Male Celebrity Categories
  1. Joshua Jackson
  2. Jason Behr
  3. Shiri Appleby
  4. Colin Hanks
  5. Emilie de Ravin
  6. Sarah Michelle Gellar
  7. Heath Ledger
  8. Ewan McGregor
  9. Tom Welling
  10. Lauren Graham
  11. Ian Somerhalder
  12. Mlo Ventimiglia
  13. Rachel Bilson
  14. James Lafferty
  15. Benjamin McKenzie
  16. Bethany Joy
  17. Sophia Bush
  18. Hilarie Burton
  19. Mischa Barton
  20. Matt Czuchry

Music
  1. Kelly Clarkson
  2. Kate Voegele
  3. Avril Lavigne
  4. Taylor Swift
  5. One Direction

Sci-Fi/Fantasy
  1. Harry Potter
  2. Star Trek
  3. Star Wars
  4. Doctor Who
  5. Twilight Saga

Credit: chaos blues

Fan Forum is the place it is today because of our members.
For our 20th anniversary, we'd like to acknowledge our long term posters.

Long Term Top 20 Posters
~ Members since 2000 with at least 10,000 posts, and have posted this year. Post counts as of November 20th.
Thanks so much to the people who shared a memory.

1. LilMouse ~ Joined: 08-24-2000 Posts: 279,145
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LilMouse
    I started posting on Fan Forum in August 2000 because I was a fan of the show Roswell. Even after the show was canceled, Fan Forum was a place I grew attached to, so posting was something I wanted to continue. I've met lots of wonderful people because of this site, some of whom I was lucky enough to meet in real life and I continue to spend time with them in real life. I love Fan Forum because of its friendly and welcoming atmosphere and because of it's wide range of topics. It is a great place to go and discuss topics of interest with friends.
  2. Johnnie ~ Joined: 06-29-2000 Posts: 154,314
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnnie
    Where has the time gone? I remember randomly typing names into the address bar and coming across Fanforum years ago. I joined mainly due to my interest at Charmed at the time. Had a nice discussion with Brendan Fehr once on his board, still waiting for some money that he offered me for something.

My first board I looked after was Requests with Leif back in March of 2001. Had a blast campaigning for a long time for a Star Trek board until we were finally able to get it. It's been a blast working with a few different people there over the years and seeing new faces come together to get boards added.

I used to work with with the Website Teams back when that was a thing for darkangelfan, doing quizzes for the show of different difficulties. I think this eventually led to the various crosswords I've done for boards over the years where it involves looking at things a lot closer than normal.

This has been my home for many years, even with all the new social media over the years, it's not the same to me posting about topics on here. I still come to FanForum for that. Many people have come and gone over the years, luckily there's still a good amount of people I've met over the years on the site as well as some newer ones I've met over the years. I hope we're still around in another 20 years.
  3. Sunrise at Midnight ~ Joined: 11-01-2000 Posts: 106,993

4. LittleMilkJug ~ Joined: 12-27-2000 Posts: 100,639

5. MissAndieWitter ~ Joined: 09-02-2000 Posts: 99,568

6. Hot Rod ~ Joined: 01-06-1999 Posts: 97,179

7. BehrItAll ~ Joined: 11-21-2000 Posts: 93,912
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BehrItAll
    Happy 20 years ! I first posted on on the Roswell board when it was in its first season. Through the years I have made so many great friendships through . I have even been fortunate enough to meet some friends I made through Fan Forum in real life, and even went to a Fan Forum wedding! The couple met through Fan Forum!

Fan Forum is a great place to come together to discuss your favorite fandoms and topics. The range of boards and the community is diverse and inclusive. There were so many great memories made here and I look forward to many more decades of making new memories and new friends.

Congratulations on 20 years
    Stephanie
  8. sunnykerr ~ Joined: 10-28-2000 Posts: 94,643
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunnykerr

Fanforum hasn't just seen me grow up through the years, but it has helped me grow up as well. It's been a place where I've been able to make friends, find my voice and, ultimately, become the person I want to be. You hear a lot of things these days about how judgmental social media is; how it creates a gold standard none of us can ever hope to reach. Well, Fanforum has always been and remains the complete opposite of that. It's full of wonderful and flawed people who support each other as they are. And that's pretty amazing.
  9. Jerry D ~ Joined: 01-18-1999 Posts: 93,497
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerry D
    - It’s such a wonderful milestone and an incredible accomplishment that Fan Forum has reached it’s 20th Anniversary! I first discovered Fan Forum when someone linked to it from a long since departed Katie Holmes Website, and the person who posted the link made a disparaging comment about how they liked to talk about Dawson’s Creek in depth here instead of talking about how “hot” Katie Holmes was like they did at that website, and I thought “that sounds like the place for me” and boy, was I right! Over the years I saw Fan Forum grow from a small website with one forum and a few hundred members to the website that it is now, and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. I have so many incredible memories tied to this place and I’ve made some amazing friendships here, and although the Internet has changed tremendously over the last 20 years and there are a lot more places for people to spend their time, Fan Forum remains the place on the Internet for me, and I love it more than words can say. My thanks to Goldenboy for starting this website and continuing to support it and my thanks to everyone who’s a part of this website, past and present. Happy 20th Anniversary everyone!
  10. tragedy ~ Joined: 11-15-1999 Posts: 90,799
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tragedy
    The reason I first came to FF was because I was obsessed with a TV show and couldn't find anyone to talk about it with in real life. So I stumbled upon this place and it was so nice to find people who shared my love for this show. Being able to talk about plots or over analyze spoilers or fangirl or even rant about something was awesome! This place is like a little community and it's amazing that you can "meet" people from all around the world who share your love of a tv show, a movie, a celebrity or something else.

~ Trichelle
  11. Avatar ~ Joined: 05-09-2000 Posts: 46,873

12. Mysteria ~ Joined: 11-30-2000 Posts: 46,378

13. The Crow ~ Joined:12-27-1999 Posts: 39,395

14. Movietime Blues ~ Joined: 05-15-2000 Posts: 23,853
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Movietime Blues
    My Charmed fandom started during its first season. I believe that I started watching from the episode Feats of Clay. Before that, I was already aware of Shannen Doherty, from her work in Beverly Hills, 90210, and Alyssa Milano, from her work in Who's The Boss and Melrose Place. Shannen had developed a reputation of being difficult to work with since she left BH90210 at around its fourth season. When the show was going to be produced by Aaron Spelling, who was known for nighttime soap operas, I further hesitated to watch. I had not known about Holly Marie Combs, other than I was barely aware she worked in the CBS TV show Picket Fences.

By that time, I was already an avid viewer of The WB. It was a network that was willing to take risks with shows that would not last long in the mainstream networks. So I eventually decided to give Charmed a chance. Immediately, I felt good watching a show that was fun and didn't take itself too seriously. The actresses did a great job showing the emotions of sisters who have to deal with a supernatural legacy. It has moments of wackiness, flightiness, off-key humor and, yes, very tender moments. Constance Burge, who helmed the series in its early years, gave the show its heart.

So around that time I was frequenting a popular culture and message board site called Greenroom Online. Alyssa Milano was very involved in that site. There, I met a few people, one of whom was named Selkie. As I started interacting with the people there I had learned about Forum 4 Fans, which already had set up a board dedicated to Charmed. I wasn't long before I signed up. This was in the year 2000.

In the next two years I was the person who would share (non-spoiler) news about the show, the actresses, including pictures from public events that they attended. The mods were impressed with what I was doing that I became one of their favorite posters. Also around that time there was a major change in the casting. Shannen was out and Rose McGowan was in and there was a lot of debate over whether the show could continue. Long-time posters like Rahul and stefan began souring on the show. So they left eventually.

I held on, since the show still had elements that I found appealing (and was still hoping in the back of my mind that Shannen would return at some point). Charmed had become a habit to me that I just didn't want to let go. The Fan Forum Charmed board had become a safe spot for me to escape the daily doldrums of life. Little did I know that I would be picked to become a board moderator.

Having the responsibility to monitor the action and keeping the discussion clean is a big challenge and when I started it was so weird having some power to help keep the flow going. Having access to the moderators board, I felt a certain privilege having a look behind the scenes of the running of this site, even when I knew I didn't have the privileges of the administrators. I was a moderator for a while when at Greenroom Online but it was just a chat board and we we're all just winging it just for fun. At Fan Forum it's a much more serious affair, even though there were fun moments like celebrations and the such.

My first co-moderator was M & M. She eventually left because she has lost interest in the show. M & M was replaced by Lovely Lauren (Suz), who is now a Moderator Support Team member. That lasted a couple of years before she moved on. My next co-mod was Jacqueline, who goes by the name of J Erlotiel L. She's very cool and shares so much of my enthusiasm for the show. We met one last August day when she was visiting New York from Sweden. It was great for co-moderators to meet in person, so a day I'll never forget. Unfortunately, it was almost a week before Hurricane Irene made a visit. She already had returned home before the hurricane.

During her time as co-moderator we had to work hard to get the board traffic moving. It was placed on probation a couple of times but we managed to bring it back out of them. If someone told me I would still be a moderator today I would not believe him. There was one problem member who was a big fan of Julian McMahon, who played Cole on the show. I remember her being cantankerous and headstrong, who insisted that the show needed to focus more on Julian's character. However, it didn't end there. She took it personally whenever someone disagreed with her. Soon enough, she took to harassing other Fan Forum members and she was banned. But of all the troublemakers on our board, which were thankfully very few, she's the one that stands out the most.

Eventually, Jacqueline's life made it difficult to keep up with the board and she eventually stepped down. So now I'm with Jaje, currently going by the name of never broken.

I have had a good time moderating the board. It's been the only board that I ever modded and it'll probably remain that way once I decide that I'm done, which who knows when that'd happen.

Chris, I appreciate Fan Forum for asking for my input. Hopefully, my story would help inspire future moderators to keep going when things are down.

Thanks,

Jaime
  15. MyrnaLynne ~ Joined: 12-22-1999 Posts: 20,691
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MyrnaLynne
    Congratulations to Fanforum on its 20th anniversary! I think one of the earliest forums here was for Dawson's Creek, and the Roswell board came soon afterward, when I joined in 1999 to discuss the show I loved, and then moved on to the Jason Behr board, to discuss the actor I loved from that show! We traveled to California and New York and Philadelphia for fan gatherings, watched them film the show out in Covina - It was a time of great fun and excitement and creativity. Like the 'Barbie Roswell Theater' where someone photographed Roswell stories using costumed Barbies and Ken dolls. We had a lot of laughs. And it has become a 'home away from home' for many of us, who have now been long-time friends for many years. We share our joys and our struggles. Some have stayed at FF, but I am also still close friends with many people I met on FF over our fondness for Roswell and Jason Behr who have gone on to other interests and left FF. And I have met wonderful and interesting new friends in recent years, from all over the country and around the world. FF brings the world together in friendship. I remember the panic of the coming of the Year 2000, that everything computer-related might crash etc, people were gear up for the apocalypse - I was online with friends in Australia on New Year's Eve, whose New Year comes a day sooner than in the US, and was reassured that everything was fine (as I thought it would be!) and nothing dire had happened, nothing at all. I know other social media have made some fan sites lose business, but FF is a more private place to speak more freely than Facebook and as I said, it feels like home. Thanks! Happy anniversary! MyrnaLynne
  16. capesidefan ~ Joined: 10-08-1999 Total Posts:19,741

17. ~Janice~ ~ Joined: 04-15-2000 Posts: 17,611

18. Kimberly ~ Joined: 05-18-2000 Posts: 16,923

19. .bian.carsan. ~ Joined: 05-16-2000 Posts: 15,565

20. navami ~ Joined: 04-17-2000 Posts: 11,678

21. ColinsChica ~ Joined: 06-05-2000 Posts: 11,350

Current Top 20 Posters ~ Post counts as of November 20th.
  1. Melis ~ Joined: 09-22-2001 Posts: 755,239
  2. beyond insane ~ Joined: 09-30-2002 Posts: 580,221
  3. your creation ~ Joined: 08-11-2009 Posts: 480,938
  4. betty cooper ~ Joined: 06-23-2007 Posts: 450,834
  5. BlueDog9 ~ Joined: 02-17-2009 Posts: 418,675
  6. eternalfate ~ Joined: 02-19-2007 Posts: 404,562
  7. L i N d $ @ y ~ Joined: 12-05-2001 Posts: 380,334
  8. BlondieLeigh ~ Joined: 08-13-2011 Posts: 363,840
  9. Make Them Laugh ~ Joined: 12-12-2011 Posts: 356,889
  10. goodbreakingbad ~ Joined: 11-18-2003 Posts: 354,054
  11. Kaleiokalani ~ Joined: 06-06-2002 Posts: 343,880
  12. a new hope ~ Joined: 11-29-2003 Posts: 342,288
  13. fly me to the moon ~ Joined: 12-22-2008 Posts: 326,086
  14. fractured moonlight ~ Joined: 09-05-2001 Posts: 318,636
  15. crazy_diamond ~ Joined: 05-10-2002 Posts: 298,761
  16. Less Than Perfect ~ Joined: 04-08-2004 Posts: 296,135
  17. could never leave you ~ Joined: 11-24-2009 Posts: 286,843
  18. spacekru ~ Joined: 01-24-2009 Posts: 284,149
  19. LilMouse ~ Joined: 08-24-2000 Posts: 279,145
  20. Devil's Cry ~ Joined: 10-13-2007 Posts: 277,700

We'd also like to recognize and thank all the members
who have served on our various teams.

The Communications Team
- actively seeks affiliation with other sites and maintains a presence on social media.
Communications Team Members:
looking at the stars ~ Appointed: 07-06-2010
dancing in the rain ~ Appointed: 01-25-2015
unbreakable clarity ~ Appointed: 08-16-2016
Sashimi ~ Appointed: 10-01-2016
Sweet Embrace ~ Appointed: 02-13-2018
beyond insane ~ Appointed: 07-28-2018
Tina ~ Appointed: 07-28-2018
The Graphics Team
- creates the lovely banners tailored to each board.
Graphics Team Members:
lana piranha ~ Appointed: 01-27-2009
spacekru ~ Appointed: 01-23-2013
shinebrighterxx ~ Appointed: 05-08-2014
dancing in the rain ~ Appointed: 03-11-2015
my turn to cry ~ Appointed: 07-12-2015
Queen of Babble ~ Appointed: 09-18-2015
chaos blues ~ Appointed: 11-17-2016
vale decem ~ Appointed: 04-21-2017
Mazikeen ~ Appointed: 05-05-2017
Mi||iê Måë ~ Appointed: 07-01-2018

The Moderator Support Team
- oversee new boards, and supervise established boards when the regular mods are away.
Moderator Support Team Members:
NikNak ~ Appointed: 08-14-2005
Quarterley ~ Appointed: February 2006
Daring Rebel ~ Appointed: 07-09-2011
Drunk On You ~ Appointed: 07-09-2011
fly me to the moon ~ Appointed: Sept 2013
Madam Regal ~ Appointed: Sept 2013
Cadenf ~ Appointed: 08-16-2014
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ ~ Appointed: 08-16-2014
Impossible Girl ~ Appointed: 08-16-2014
Queen of Babble ~ Appointed: 05-31-2015
very close talking ~ Appointed: 05-31-2015
~AnastasiaGrey~ ~ Appointed: 09-18-2016
☆Follow☆the☆Stars☆ ~ Appointed: 09-18-2016
Giotto ~ Appointed: 09-18-2016
heartღaflutter ~ Appointed: 09-18-2016
lana piranha ~ Appointed: 09-18-2016
maplezbear ~ Appointed: 09-18-2016
wickedrum ~ Appointed: 09-18-2016
Barstool Prophet ~ Appointed: 02-04-2018
nine-nine! ~ Appointed: 02-04-2018
~jo♥jo~ ~ Appointed: 02-04-2018
Sulieter ~ Appointed: 02-04-2018
Sashimi ~ Appointed: 04-03-2018
Artemis ~ Appointed: 07-17-2018
Karma Police ~ Appointed: 07-17-2018
you're my lifeline ~ Appointed: 07-17-2018

Moderator Team

- keep the various boards organized and help create a friendly posting environment.
Moderator Team Members:
**Anja**, *Dark_Angel*, -x-Lilac-x-, @l3jandra, a little chaos, a new hope, adambrodyrocks, albion_princess,
April7739, Artemis, aubie_ocean, azure angel, baileycat, Barrybgb, Barstool Prophet, beloved of the sky,
betty cooper, beyond insane, Big Head want Dolly,BL.Arinna_1982, Black mamba, blaↄkpink, BlackWhiteRose,
BlondieLeigh, BlueDog9, Broony,Cadenf, Camibra, canflam, canthaveyou, Cereal Killer, Charlone, Charmed Slayer Angel,
Chris's Heart 79, ChristinaL80, Cmtaylor531, CohenGal, Copop, could never leave you,crazy_diamond, Cristofle,
cry pretty, Crystal Clear, Damocles, Daring Rebel, dbn, destroyer of worlds, Det.Logan, Devil's Cry,Didi, Drunk On You,
Ekua, ennaxor, Erinღ, eternal◘fate,everwoodfan52, evesix, fire for a heart, fly me to the moon, FoxPhile, FoxyRox,
fractured moonlight, FreakyFlyBry, GardenSirens, Giotto, girl under the floor, gladluvgrey, golden tattoo, golden_girl,
Gracie, Grazzhopper, heartღaflutter, heyitsrachel, Holland Fan Forever, Immunity, Impossible Girl, ina_am,
Indigo Five Alpha, In Omnia Paratus, in the dark, italiangal, Jaime Bee, Jared ❤︎ Jensen, JDM's❤︎Sweetheart,
Jen's Herald, JJH85, J-LawForever, jls2971, JoJoF92, Julie, JustMe2000, kaleidocat, Kaleiokalani, karamel,
Karma Police, kerbear28, KingMikeTarzan, kiss the wind, Lauren Helen Graham, Legenmarried, lessismore, LG Stargirl,
LilMouse, Lindsay, livstevi21, LWS53, Madame Regal, majesdane, maplezbear, Mason30, Meliana, Melis, Michelsita,
Mi||iê Måë, Miranda, miranstarr, Miss Cam, Misskitty36, MistyMountainHop, Movies, Movietime Blues, Ms Cyatt,
msstock87, my turn to cry, My Kind Of Crazy, never broken, nicky83, nine-nine!, NotDoneAbusingYou, northernsoul,
now.it.all.begins, oxalys, PhoenixRising, Quarterley, QueenMeredith, Queen of Babble, quin0611, ramgirl, Renata M.,
Roaring Like A Lion, rocky845, Ropetuned, rossfangirl86, Roswell 10/2/00, samira_86, Sandy0401, Sashimi,
Scarlet Speedster, s e r e n i t y, sinsajo, Si_Crazy, SojournHeart11, soulmatejunkee, sourburst, SouthernSweetieTX,
sparksღfly, Stay to the Lights, Sternbetrachter, stlavin95, SuitUp, Sulieter, sum1, Summer Falls, sunnykerr,
Sweetgirl465, T'Lynn, Talula78, Tati_SwanJones, thepoison, There You'll Be, the_strawberry_girl, tragedy,
twilightfan14, upchitzcreek, vampirediariesfan, very close talking, WeBuiltThePyramids, where we belong, wickedrum,
Wilpen, wolkenfuehlen, worthyoflove, Yellow Mustang Girl, you're my lifeline, your midnights,x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x,
~AnastasiaGrey~, ~jo♥jo~, ★ darling, just hold on ★, ☆Follow☆the☆Stars☆, ♥true_crime_beauty64♥

Long Term Moderators
For this celebration we'd like to recognize people who have been continuously moderating the same board for 10 years or more .

Appointment Dates:
March 7 - Johnnie - Requests

September 9 - Chris - Star Trek
September 9 - Johnnie - Star Trek
December 4 - NikNak - Sports

October 26 - Movietime Blues - Charmed

May 24 - Chris - Info Center (Questions & Answers)
June 29- wolkenfuehlen - Young Americans
October 18 - Quarterley - Off Topic

June 12 - Sternbetrachter - Colin Hanks
March 27 - Yellow Mustang Girl - Off Topic
October 2 - LilMouse - Ewan McGregor
November - heaven85 - Daniel Radcliffe
November - baileycat - Daniel Radcliffe

January - heaven85 - Emma Watson
between October 2005 & April 2006- Cristofle - Mischa Barton
May 14 - Roswell 10/2/00 - Roswell
May 28 - baileycat - Harry Potter

April 22 - Jaime Bee - Sarah Michelle Gellar
March 11 - Melis - The 80s
June 10 - Gracie - Jennifer Aniston
September 9 - Daring Rebel - Matt Czuchry
September 9 - Lindsay - Gilmore Girls
October 21 - L i N d $ @ y - Harry Potter
November 18 - canflam - Comics & Cartoons

March 30 - Black mamba - Friends
June 15 - upchitzcreek - Penn Badgley
June 22 - s e r e n i t y - Young Americans
September 21 - everwoodfan52 - Everwood
November 16 - ramgirl - Milo Ventimiglia

Management Team
Administrators:
Goldenboy ~ Site Creator
Jerry D ~ Appointed: 11-01-2003

chaos blues ~ Appointed: 09-16-2018

Communications Team Managers:
looking at the stars ~ Appointed: 12-14-2014
dancing in the rain ~ Appointed: 01-31-2016

Graphics Team Managers:
spacekru ~ Appointed: 08-21-2014
shinebrighterxx ~ Appointed: 04-10-2017
vale decem ~ Appointed: 04-12-2018

Moderator Support Team Managers:
Johnnie ~ Appointed: 08-14-2005
NikNak ~ Appointed: 01-04-2015
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ ~ Appointed: 06-04-2017

Moderator Managers:
heaven85 ~ Appointed: 07-31-2011
L i N d $ @ y ~ Appointed: 03-30-2014
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ ~ Appointed: 11-01-2015
sweet creature ~ Appointed: 08-21-2016
One Thing Remains ~ Appointed: 02-11-2018

Senior Moderator Manager:
Chris ~ Appointed: 05-23-2014 (Moderator Manager since 05-24-2004)

System Manager:
Raonaild ~ Appointed: 03-12-2004

Website Manager:
Johnnie ~ Appointed: 01-15-2002
Thank you to everybody who has served on any team here.

Celebration Icons:

Credit: shinebrighterxx

Contest:
Would you to enter a contest to win a name change or custom title for the rest of the year?
Just post on this thread telling us something you like about Fan Forum, or share a memory.
Then copy & paste your post in a PM to Chris titled either name change or special title.
Entry deadline is November 30th. ~~~ Winners

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting this Jerry.

I got a bit of a whiplash again seeing the old so now I'm currently listening to Paula Cole's "I Don't Want To Wait" while posting here because ah, bless those good old days and all the shipper wars.

Happy 20 years ! I'm so proud of this forum and all the amazing people I have met here some of which are my online friends and some of which are already my friends in real life. I have been here on this site longer than I have been in any of my jobs which is saying a lot. FF has been a place where I can have fun and relieve any stress in real life and while these past 20 years have not been all smooth sailing, it's the people here that has made me come back again and again (and has made me stay). In particular Harry Potter is a board that I am so proud of and I have been on the longest. It's a board that holds a special place in my heart and in spite of all the stress that comes to moderating that board many years ago, it's still the fandom that I love the most.

Cheers to more milestones and achievements ahead! Thank you to all the posters, mods, managers & admin team for making this such a wonderful place to be a part of.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Hawaii Five-0

this!! TY for posting it Jerry!

I joined in 2012, I was watching The Vampire Diaries at the time. I was looking for an Ian Somerhalder message board, so I googled and that's how I found !
Love being a part of Fan Forum, have met a lot of great people on here!

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)
LoyalFreakLisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

And how appropriate that this is around Thanksgiving (in the U.S.). Thankful for ! Happy 20th to the forum!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow, the OP is awesome! congrats on 20 years! thanks everyone who was here originally and to all who have come here since, love this place! keep up the great work!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay Happy 20th Anniversary to I love the op too!

Last edited by quin0611; 11-22-2018 at 06:31 AM
quin0611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Happy anniversary . 20 years is amazing, I still can't wrap my head around that one. Its incredible & I hope that the site sticks around for many many more years. The site has been through a lot & its a wonderful place to come to & find people just like you who understand you & your passion for various topics. It may be a huge community but it has so many mini communities & I love how they all can intermix & come together & be a part of such a fantastic thing. This site is a credit to every single poster who comes & posts or has posted over the years, along with all of the moderators, managers, team members, ect. working hard to keep each board & aspect of the site going. Thank you to everyone who's made it possible for this site to still be here today

To be perfectly honest I originally found from a random Google search. A friend & I wanted to know if Jared Padalecki & Genevieve Cortese were dating & the search results brought us to their thread on Jared's board. I never signed up to the site, just wanted an answer, & was quite happy just posting on another forum & didn't think much of this one at all. My friend was the curious one who did join & explore a bit, eventually (about three months later) convinced me to join too. I'm glad she did as this is a wonderful place. I've joined a number of different forums & this is one which has all I need. There are so many people here who can share my passion for various fandoms & understand me. These are things I don't necessarily get off-screen. I craved being able to share my excitement over certain things & this site gave me that. I've been able to share the joys of fantastic moments & the frustrations of those moments where you lose a cast member or you don't understand a storyline, ect. I'm grateful to have experienced that & to have this place for that. Thank you to Leif for what you've created & to everyone who has contributed to what this site has become in the 20 years
Old 11-22-2018, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the celebration, it was great to read through all that.

I wish I'd found sooner when I was heavily into the fandom of Lotr in the early part of the century. Still I found it in the end through a love of Once Upon a Time.

It's great to be a moderator here.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is awesome Congrats to FF and everyone involved!

It's so hard to pinpoint a memory because it's been literally half of my life I do cherish the good old days on the Buffy board, especially the Spuffy thread and the anti BA thread with all of sum1's parodies Also the Brazilian thread on the HP board! Sometimes when I'm bored I look through those old threads just to laugh One of my favorite memories was also getting appointed mod on the SW board after so many years of being away from FF, the SW board made me start posting again and I took a chance with that modship and I'm so glad it payed off
Old 11-22-2018, 05:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

wow 20 years i was 8 years old when this boards started

congratulations everyone this is a huge milestone i must say i love looking at the old boards and how they were set up makes me so happy
Old 11-22-2018, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

20 years what an achievement and congrats to those forums or posters that have been here for most of those 20 years. I’m proud to have been around mainly for 16 years
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:52 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

20 years is such an incredible milestone! I found in 2000 when looking for information about the show Young Americans. At that point I just lurked, but was totally amazed to find out that other people enjoyed the show as much as I did. In January of 2001 I took the leap of faith and joined to share my own opinions, and haven't looked back. Although if you had told me then that I'd still be active here 18 years later, I wouldn't have believed it.

Soon after joining, I got involved in the Star Trek campaign. That board has been my online home ever since the board was opened in December 2001.

I've made some wonderful friends here over the years. There's nothing like to make time zones and world events real. I remember hearing about 9-11 and being anxious to check in here to find out if online friends were okay. Thankfully they were, but one person lost a brother.

Thank you to:
- Leif for creating and continuing to keep the site online.
- Jerry for being a great administrator
- my fellow managers for all your behind the scenes work
- moderators for stepping up and supervising the individual boards, without you we wouldn't have such a diverse site
- moderator support team members for filling in as necessary,
- graphics team for creating our beautiful and individualized boards
- communications team for promoting the site
- all of our members for supporting the site
- to the long term members who shared a memory for the OP, Damocles for the historic screencaps, shinebrighterxx & chaos blues for artwork
Old 11-22-2018, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Music

Happy Anniversary !

This has been a wonderful place to connect with people who love the same topics we do, and I'm glad to have been apart of it for the last 13 years. Thanks to the Gilmore Girls board for drawing me here, and everyone else for keeping me here!
b u d d i e | #911onABC
fictitious ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow... 20 years... that's amazing. Thank you for all the work all the fan forum staff has done through the years and thank you for all the work you have done this past year.

I joined in December 2011 and met a lot of nice people around the board. My most memorable experience was the Posting challenge in January 2014 with the Kat Grahm board. That posting group was amazing. That year was amazing too as I helped a few other posting challenges and met lots of great people.

These past 12 months I wasn't as active..but these past few months, I've been working on assisting boards with Celebration Opening Posts and a cross-board Fantasy Trivia game. I'll be doing more of the same these next few months during the Holidays

Its been a pleasure to be part of Fan Forum
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Speaking of how found related to me it was in regards to Roswell

A memorable experience was back in the day related to the thread over on Off Topic back like 10-12 years ago when it use to be super active

Since returning full-time approx 5 years ago memorable had been both of the 2 posting challenges held on Nina Dobrev

Also worthy was bringing back a board for 2 of my all time favorite shows related to Battlestar Galactica and Prison Break

The posting challenge on Star Wars last year was extremely memorable due to how I never left and ended up becoming moderator

Most recently was joining Communication Team which means a lot to me related to joining the Affiliation Team

Oh also the memories on Damon|Bonnie going back like 8-9 years ago back when I posted a lot of that thread before not being the most active on TVD but now that's a different story

Star Trek is always close to my heart even if its always random of my stopping by it
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top