Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Millie, I moved your post here so related questions are all in one thread.

We don't have a set rule where it says you can post after 48 hours. Normally for slower boards, it's okay to post after 24 hours or 48 hours if no one else has posted just to keep threads active and also for boards to not go over the 48-Hour rule. What we are not allowing is to post in succession because you can edit your posts if you want to say more.

We also don't want to be strict and enforce this as a rule because we want posters here to post whenever they want provided that they don't post in succession. Also I think this posting after 48 hours is to circumvent the 48-Hour rule, which is allowed, to help save the board.
Thanks for that Lindsay. I wasn't sure what the protocol was as I'd been corrected on threads on other boards after posting after 24 hours, and others told me 48. For the main reason of news!
Old 01-03-2019, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Terrific explanation Lindsay. Also, sometimes there's a breaking news item that might justify posting after yourself so others will notice the new post.
Thanks, good to know!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky
Hi Miros,
I wanted to ask you if you can explain how to post Tumblr posts into ? I haven’t seen many people do it here, but I know you know how.
Leanne, I hardly have any space in my pm box, so I’m going to respond to your pm here if you don’t mind. I’m not sure if you mean the gifs?? The gifs are posted the same way as static images: the links inside the "img" brackets.

And I usually give credit to the people who made them:
URL hyperlinking code
Fan Forum - BB Code List

Hope this helps!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, it helps a bit, but how does one get the links from the tumblr site?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Right click on the image and click Copy Image Adress (and then paste the adress between the img bracket).

And then just copy the address in the adress bar for the credit. And add it somewhere in the post.

Who's afraid of little old me?
--------------You should be.
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

morgonrodnad so glad you answered the question about the tumblr pics/gifs because I've always wanted to know how to do this as well so thank you!! It seems very easy to do now that someone's explained it.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks guys! I think I will only be able to do it on my desktop computer then cause my iPad won’t let me right click to see address links on the images.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

^If it on a tablet (iPad). You should be able to hold it in few seconds on the images and then few options will show up. Should be the same with Copy Image Adress (or something similar).

80s90sIsTheBest No problem.

Who's afraid of little old me?
--------------You should be.
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 01-12-2019, 09:14 PM
New Fan

Can you use your own custom Avatar because i don't see a opinion to do that anywhere?
Old 01-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

After 100 posts, you will be able to use a custom avatar. That option will become available on your User CP then.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Hi Would FanForum ever consider increasing the number of private messages we can hold on to? I've been on FF for like 14 years and it's getting so hard to keep under the 250 max.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSymphony (View Post)
Hi Would FanForum ever consider increasing the number of private messages we can hold on to? I've been on FF for like 14 years and it's getting so hard to keep under the 250 max.
I keep a lot of old PMs too for personal reasons (my oldest is back in 2007) but for now, you can download your PMs. Go down below on your User CP and you will see this:

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

^ Thank you! I downloaded a bunch but I rather have them on FF instead..it looks so weird when it's downloaded.. And I don't think after a while I would find it either.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

How come I can't see the posts or the threads that I have made? I get this message:

alice1804, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi! As you see I'm a newbie and I'm trying to figure out how to reply to a visitor message but I can't seem to do that. Sounds silly, I know it is supposed to be easy but there is no reply section! What am I missing