Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen00 (View Post)
Is it possible to change username and if so, how would I go about doing it?
Quote:
User names - Can they be changed?
Our software does not allow members to change their user names. User names can only be changed by Jerry D, the Administrator of Fan Forum. If you're a Moderator, a Communications Team Member, a Graphics Team Member, or if you have over 100,000 posts you may request one name change per year.
Occasionally, we have contests where the winner can opt for a username change or a custom title so check back on the board from time to time.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Is there are new rule about the amount of images that can be in one post, or has that always been this way? I tried to add one more image to my Roswell 300k post (link in sig) and it says I have about 68 but can only have 35. But then howcome it let me go over by so much, before?

Old 05-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

There is a limit of 35 images per post. Occasionally it gets turned off for various reasons. You must have lucked out with an off time, then got caught in the reinstatement.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, ok! Well I'd better keep it how it is, then Thanks!

Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so this is happening again:

Quote:
Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.
It's extremely frustrating to have typed for 15 minutes or so, something that's 4 or 5 paragraphs long, and have it all erased because of this.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry to read you've had this problem I do suggest that before you log onto , to clear your cookies, then log in.
You mentioned the word again, how many times has it happened to you?
Old 05-07-2015, 05:08 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That's happened to me too, if I've left reply windows open on the computer, but left the computer for while. I can usually save it if I just hit back, copy my reply, then refresh the window. If some time has elapsed since you started your message, I'd suggest doing a quick copy of your response before you hit reply.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
I'm sorry to read you've had this problem I do suggest that before you log onto , to clear your cookies, then log in.
You mentioned the word again, how many times has it happened to you?
There was a stretch a while ago where it was happening consistently...like Chris said, it happens when a window's been open a long time (like overnight) and I try using the Quick Reply box. It's like times out or something. I remember complaining about it—though I don't remember if it was here or just on the thread I was posting on—and I remember getting into the habit of copying my text before posting just in case. I don't think it was a long stretch, maybe a week or two, and then it just stopped happening... It must have been at least a year or two ago, maybe longer.

Chris That's the aggravating part. Usually when you hit Back anything that was in the text box is still there, but with this error, it's always gone blank when I hit back.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Moderator Manager

When this happens to me and the page takes a while to load after I post, I always copy/paste my post so I still have it. Sometimes I do backspace as well. If I have a long post, I usually do this already so make it a habit of copying/pasting your post especially if it's a long one.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have a question. With all the shows being cancelled for good next fall...most announced this week... if some of these shows have a Board here on Fan Forum... when do they move to the Past TV Forum Category?
Old 05-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

This must be the most obvious thing in the world, but when you want to reply to a lot of people in the same post, how do you get multiple quote boxes that show who originally posted it, rather than just a generic quote?
Old 05-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
This must be the most obvious thing in the world, but when you want to reply to a lot of people in the same post, how do you get multiple quote boxes that show who originally posted it, rather than just a generic quote?
Hey
That's a good question. What I do is click on 'reply to quote' copy and paste it onto Microsoft word or something similar then I do the same again, until I have the quotes, copy all the quotes altogether and paste them all in the typing box on here. It is doable. It's the only way that I know. You are welcome to PM for further advice if you wish my way is probably dumb but it's doable

Matt, also a good question. I have no clue. Lindsay and/or Chris will sure know
Old 05-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfHearts (View Post)
Hey
That's a good question. What I do is click on 'reply to quote' copy and paste it onto Microsoft word or something similar then I do the same again, until I have the quotes, copy all the quotes altogether and paste them all in the typing box on here. It is doable. It's the only way that I know. You are welcome to PM for further advice if you wish my way is probably dumb but it's doable

Matt, also a good question. I have no clue. Lindsay and/or Chris will sure know
Thanks, I'll give that a try! I just see people replying to multiple people all the time and couldn't figure out how it was happening.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
Thanks, I'll give that a try! I just see people replying to multiple people all the time and couldn't figure out how it was happening.
Yeah, it sure is a little tough to work out
Give that a try. Come back if you get stuck
Old 05-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

A multi-quote feature would be nice, but unfortunately we don't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I have a question. With all the shows being cancelled for good next fall...most announced this week... if some of these shows have a Board here on Fan Forum... when do they move to the Past TV Forum Category?
Jerry usually does it in the summer, after the finales have aired. I believe it's usually late June, but I'm not positive on that.
ETA - looking at the announcement history, it was done in August last year.