Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Welcome to Fan Forum and thanks for letting us know you got it sorted out.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Welcome to and thanks for letting us know that you had it figured out.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to , natalielorella!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm having a pretty weird problem as of late, and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help, as it's really thrown a wrench into my peace of mind with coming on here

Basically, all was fine and well until I logged on one day to find there were some ad links in the text of posts. I've seen this kinda thing happen on Fanfiction.net before, so I cleared cookies, deleted history and everything, and then ran two virus scans. They didn't find anything and it didn't change anything. I checked other sites, and none of the ads were showing up there.

It literally was just on Fanforum posts

I have a ad blocker running since I googled what was wrong, but I'm still just really cautious and scared about coming on here anymore. And again, there wasn't anything on my PC. I ran at least five or six checks over and over again. It's like there's something wrong with Fanforum when it's coming to my PC. And it's not just that, it's on my Iphone and my laptop as well.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 08-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Yes this has happened to me as well and if you have an ad blocker, those ads won't show now as well as the infolinks. Leif was doing some tweaking with the setup. If you're using Firefox, those infolinks will show unless you have an ad blocker. I'm using Google Chrome and I don't see any of these infolinks but I also have an ad blocker. We were also talking about this on the Mod board.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:57 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

It's not your computer or a virus, just that as Lindsay mentioned, Leif was tweaking things. Advertisements do help pay the bills to keep the site up and running.

If you want to support the site without seeing the ads, There is an ad-free subscription option which can be found in your User CP,
on the left towards the bottom, under the Paid Subscriptions tab. It's US $2.50 for 1 month, or US$14.00 for 6 months, paid through PayPal.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

So I have nothing to be worried about? Thank Goddess. I thought for days that there was some kind of adware on my PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yes this has happened to me as well and if you have an ad blocker, those ads won't show now as well as the infolinks. Leif was doing some tweaking with the setup. If you're using Firefox, those infolinks will show unless you have an ad blocker. I'm using Google Chrome and I don't see any of these infolinks but I also have an ad blocker. We were also talking about this on the Mod board.
I'm also using Adblock, so I haven't been seeing them I'm so glad to know there isn't anything wrong on my end

Thank you both so much!
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 08-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know it's been mentioned before but can't remember where, how many characters can be in a username without stretching the name area?

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Good question. I'll see if I can find out.

eta - the maximum user name length is 25 characters. 19?
Old 08-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Chris!

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I had a question about my profile. On my statistics tab, I am unable to access any of my previous posts. When I click on that option to see all posts, it says I'm restricted from seeing it?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

That's normal. The search has been turned off to improve site performance. You can try using Google to search for threads/posts, adding site:fanforum.com to your search: site:fanforum.com - Google Search That way you only get search results from FF. If you want to keep track of where you've posted, you can subscribe to individual threads and to boards. Then you'll have links to those threads/boards in your User CP to quickly see if there have been any new posts. For threads, most boards have an index, or you can use the 'Archive' feature at the bottom right corner of the page to quickly search thread titles.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Where can I find information about Member statuses/titles like how many posts would equate to being a fanforum hero so on and so forth ?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

First post of this thread under 'User ranks'.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.