Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2020, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
Oh this is really tough. Honestly, there was a time that every celebration on the 1D board was so fun because it was a big inside joke. Now post of those people are my friends in real life, so my whole experience on that board is basically a big highlight to me.
We had really big ones, it was the bestest.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:31 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I shoplifted in my local Woolworth's a few times when I was a kid, but that was it basically. Anyone remember Woolworth's?
I definitely remember Woolworth's!
Old 11-26-2020, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Guys...whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving late November or Not.... What is your favorite Holiday Food? [it doesn't have to relate to your favorite/ best holiday]
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:46 PM
MST Manager

My favourite holiday food is the traditional British Christmas dinner of roast turkey with Brussels sprouts, roast potatoes, mushrooms etc.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:26 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Brandy Custard I don't really like holiday food

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 05:38 PM
Moderator Manager

I like Roast Turkey, and give me any type of pie
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I like Roast Turkey, and give me any type of pie
that's awesome....for me...it has to be pumpkin pie with turkey

Quote:
My favourite holiday food is the traditional British Christmas dinner of roast turkey with Brussels sprouts, roast potatoes, mushrooms etc.
not a fan of brussels...but all that other stuff sounds great

Chelle...no idea what brandy custard is...but glad you enjoy it
Old 11-26-2020, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Turkey dinner, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, anything except Brussel sprouts for a veg - Julie is welcome to hoard all of those.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
Chelle...no idea what brandy custard is...but glad you enjoy it
Its a flavour of custard which is only available at Christmas time. It possibly is an Australian thing (or Australia/New Zealand), but traditionally it is something you serve with Christmas Pudding. That &/or Brandy Cream. I don't like Christmas Pudding, so I always just have the custard & cream.

I'm not a fan of meat, & turkey is one I would rather not eat. I don't hate it but I don't like it either. Christmas is the only time I eat it. Then we thankfully usually have pork instead of ham. I love pork (only type of meat I do enjoy eating actually), but although we eat it then I don't consider it a holiday meal necessarily. Same with roast potatoes, love them but don't necessarily consider them holiday food. They're anytime food in my head as I like eating them a lot & all year round

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 03:32 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the Brussels sprouts, Chris. I will have them with butter.

I haven't heard of brandy custard but we traditionally have brandy cream with Christmas pudding. I'm not much of a fan of booze so I don't like it. Just give me normal cream.

It's a traditional thing in the UK to have roast potatoes with the Sunday roast, (beef, lamb, chicken etc.) as well as for Christmas. I don't cook many roasts, though.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Chelle...thanks for the explanation... I'm trying to remember if they made that on one of my cooking shows
Old 11-27-2020, 07:23 PM
Graphics Team

Why did you decide to join ?

What is your favourite thing about being a manager?
Old 11-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Gossip Girl. Needed to talk more about Gossip Girl. Then I got stuck.

Favorite thing? I like helping our moderators. I like working behind the scenes to help the forum run and support our mods.

Turkey day food? My sister makes some yummy corn bread. I need more.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:59 PM
Administrator

My favorite Holiday Meal is Smoked Turkey or Deep-Fried Turkey, with Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing and Macaroni and Cheese.

My favorite thing about being a manager is the fact that I hav a great team that works with me and I also like helping people that need help or assistance.

I heard about Fan Forum because someone linked to it from a Katie Holmes Board that no longer exists. We only had the Dawson's Creek board then, and I liked what I saw because people wanted to discuss the show in depth, where on the Katie Holmes board that I posted on, they only wanted to talk about how "hot" she was, so I signed up in January 1999 and I've been here ever since.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Jerry....do you buy premium cheese for your Mac N Cheese...if so...what's your favorite cheese? I may buy a block of Swiss cheese and try that for home made Mac N Cheese....
And thanks for all the great work you've done through all the years on Fan Forum

Quote:
Favorite thing? I like helping our moderators. I like working behind the scenes to help the forum run and support our mods.

Turkey day food? My sister makes some yummy corn bread. I need more.
I love corn bread but haven't had it in a while... and thanks for all your work on Fran Forum
Reply   Post New Thread