Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2016, 09:48 PM
New Fan

Do you differentiate between Intros, Theme Songs and Title Sequences?

I'm new here, and like many of you, I also like TV, a lot. Enough about me though...

Please refer to the thread title. It's a question that has been bugging me for quite some time, and now that I'm working on a project relating to it, I need help from fellow fans on whether people think they're different, and should be classed differently.

To give a few examples:
  • Burn Notice (intro)
  • Absolutely Fabulous (theme song)
  • Dark Matter (short title sequence)

In my opinion, an intro contains a voice-over explaining the show, a theme song is a specifically created (easily memorable) song with or without vocals, or a segmented version of a real song. Whereas the now "modern" short title sequence only contains the show's name and creator credits. I could be wrong though...

Thanks,
Control
Old 07-27-2016, 11:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Hello and welcome to Fan Forum.

We have a Television board where you can ask other members about this. This thread in particular would be a good place to ask.

Closing this thread now.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread