Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2015, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Communications Team Member Opening Announcement - Extended

We are looking to add new members to our Communications Team.

The Communications Team is a group of Fan Forum members who use their time to promote, network, and link outside of the site itself. This involves updating 's social networks (Facebook, LiveJournal, Twitter & Tumblr) with exciting links, news, and events happening here. It also means contacting fan sites and securing partnerships between them and Fan Forum.

The position can entail any number of the following roles:
  • Update social networking sites on Fan Forum issues, events, board celebrations, watching parties, moderator openings, board customizations and other Fan Forum interests.
  • Promote the requests board polls at the beginning of each month, and any new forums that were added.
  • Look for affiliates for Fan Forum, linking popular websites to our boards to facilitate an interconnected web.
  • Use skills and knowledge you gain to help expand Fan Forum.
  • Help select and write a Board Spotlight each month.
  • Answer questions and issues that are posted to the social network sites.

The true purpose of this team is to bring awareness to the greatness that is Fan Forum, as such this position is open to any interested member of Fan Forum who has been a member here for over six months as we want our members to really know about the forums we have here. This is to maximize efficiency and the ability to promote their knowledge of Fan Forum across this site and on the social networks. It is important that you have knowledge of how to use at least some social networking platforms and that you have the ability and time available to act as an official ambassador for Fan Forum on these sites.

If you’re interested in applying for this position please send a PM to Effie or Yvonné with the subject "Communications Team Application" along with the information below:

1. Your currently displayed username.
2. Your age.
3. How long you've been a member of Fan Forum and any boards you moderate, if you do.
4. A brief paragraph describing why you want to be a member of the Communications Team, and what you can bring to the Team if you get appointed to this position.
5. Which social networks you are familiar with.
6. How much time per week you can commit to the Communications Team.

The deadline for applying for this team is July 31st, 2015 at 12pm GMT August 14th, 2015 at 12pm GMT.

We're excited to see lots of applicants for this fun and important team. If you have any questions on the work of the Communications Team don't hesitate to post them here or pm one of us.

Effie & Yvonné
Communications Team Managers
Old 07-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Yvonne.

Best of luck to everyone applying
It is such a wonderful team to be in.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have a general question I'd like to ask and will post it here because others may be interested to know this as well.

How many hours, on average, do members of the Communication Team devote to their tasks? I understand that this can vary, but also are there peak times of the month when it is busier than others? I just wanted to get an idea on the time commitment this position would entail.

I made it sound like I am applying for a job, but this is like one. Got to take it seriously and ask about the time commitments before I consider to apply or not for it. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Best of luck to everyone in applying! You will be working with an AWESOME set of people!

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 07-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
I have a general question I'd like to ask and will post it here because others may be interested to know this as well.

How many hours, on average, do members of the Communication Team devote to their tasks? I understand that this can vary, but also are there peak times of the month when it is busier than others? I just wanted to get an idea on the time commitment this position would entail.

I made it sound like I am applying for a job, but this is like one. Got to take it seriously and ask about the time commitments before I consider to apply or not for it. Thanks!
usually the beginning of a month is quite busy since we do have a lot of board anniversary and such things. But at all it is a very balanced work schedule.

on sundays we usually have more to post and to do, so having a spare hour on sundays would do no harm.

In the future we are leaning towards people be able to pick if they are more comfortable doing the Social Network or the Affiliations Part, so it will be a new experience and the working hours will be different than we had them before when we all did everything. I think if you can spare 3 - 4 hours a week for the team it is more than great. Sometimes you won't need them, but there might be a week you need 5. It is how you want to participate in the team.

I hope this helped
Old 07-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good luck everyone!

And yes, feel free to ask any and all questions either here or via PM
Old 07-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Please consider applying, if this sounds interesting to you Everyone on the team is great, super friendly and super helpful.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost my senses (View Post)
usually the beginning of a month is quite busy since we do have a lot of board anniversary and such things. But at all it is a very balanced work schedule.

on sundays we usually have more to post and to do, so having a spare hour on sundays would do no harm.

In the future we are leaning towards people be able to pick if they are more comfortable doing the Social Network or the Affiliations Part, so it will be a new experience and the working hours will be different than we had them before when we all did everything. I think if you can spare 3 - 4 hours a week for the team it is more than great. Sometimes you won't need them, but there might be a week you need 5. It is how you want to participate in the team.

I hope this helped
Yes, thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
Yes, thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
no problem at all. That's what Effie and me are here for.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Good luck guys.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Best of luck to those applying!

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 07-15-2015, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck everyone!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:54 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Good luck everyone! This is a really great team and it's fun to be on. If you're interested, do apply, you won't regret it.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 07-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

If you have any questions you can as well pm us questions if you don't want to post them in this thread.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good luck, this team is amazing, I've been there and loved it. Everyone who is interested should do it, it has amazing people and you get to discover a lot of boards in here
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top