Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2018, 07:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy, enjoy the birthday party!

Chris, it's summer here in March so beach again, as always. I still don't have the dates but most likely last week of February or 1st week of March.

Hi Kate! Happy to have you over here.

Amy, your icon is making me want to use a DW icon again. It's been a long time for me.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 01-26-2018, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great news, Chris!

Mom already knows he does this, Lindsay. She keeps track and tries to always find a 'pattern'... He is coded as having ED [emotional disturbance] so that means he does this frequently. And mom tells us that if he has gone too far, he needs to cycle through it, which means he needs to hit "rock bottom". Our main issue is that he is violent towards others, no matter who you are. We have another who also frequently has 'episodes' but she harms herself. I had to prevent her head from hitting the wall today repeatedly. I told her to smack her head on me, but she told me she didn't want to hurt me but kept trying to escape from my hand on her forehead to smack it on the wall. She has hurt herself badly in the past, so we know she will do it if we let her and we just can't let that happen. I probably looked like a fool, as a parent walked past us. But I had no other choice. I had to take off my badge and throw it aside.

Welcome to a day in the life of a Special Education teacher.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

That sounds super intense Cece Glad you were able to keep her from hurting herself. Sometimes you just have to do things that make you look like a fool. I remember vividly having to once sit on top of a patient's legs as he was too confused to keep still and it was vital for his health to get a blood sample asap. So I was sitting/laying on top of his legs as another nurse held his torso and the poor lab technician tried to get a sample Crazy times!

Hopefully this weekend is sort of relaxed at work with no unplanned incidents

Hopefully everyone who has a free weekend has time to relax and enjoy!
KATE. | icon
Old 01-27-2018, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Got everything rescheduled but it’s just the struggle until Wednesday due to still smoking and wasting so much on smokes so flat ass broke surviving of very bare minimum food - so won’t be eating much over next few days and constantly hungry

Ugh now a headache probably a hunger headache going back to sleep

Last edited by crash landing; 01-27-2018 at 09:22 AM
Old 01-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, Kate. I can imagine it can get pretty intense in health care as well. We are working in the most rewarding careers though, when we are serving others.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Ugh my head is pounding and still got 3 days to go really need to crackdown on quit smoking cause Easton too much smoking and than leaves me broke at the end of the month
Old 01-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Sarah - good luck on quitting smoking! I know it's a really tough habit to break but I am sure you can do it And yes you will save tons of money because they are expensive. So it will be a win win for you once you kick the habit. Hope your headache goes away soon too.

Cece - sounds like you're days are pretty action packed! It's good that the kids have someone like you watching out for them and keeping them safe.

Katie - Hope that doesn't happen at work a lot! How crazy

Hi Chris, Lindsay, and Hannah Hope you're all having a great weekend.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Amy. We try our best to do what we can.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Happy weekend everyone! It's nice to get some bit of rain cause it's cooler but it's not good for some parts of the country where the volcano erupted. So now there's like a terrain of sticky ash flow damaging crops and flowing on some rivers. Nothing major yet but still a hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
Mom already knows he does this, Lindsay. She keeps track and tries to always find a 'pattern'... He is coded as having ED [emotional disturbance] so that means he does this frequently. And mom tells us that if he has gone too far, he needs to cycle through it, which means he needs to hit "rock bottom". Our main issue is that he is violent towards others, no matter who you are. We have another who also frequently has 'episodes' but she harms herself. I had to prevent her head from hitting the wall today repeatedly. I told her to smack her head on me, but she told me she didn't want to hurt me but kept trying to escape from my hand on her forehead to smack it on the wall. She has hurt herself badly in the past, so we know she will do it if we let her and we just can't let that happen. I probably looked like a fool, as a parent walked past us. But I had no other choice. I had to take off my badge and throw it aside.

Welcome to a day in the life of a Special Education teacher.
OMG. I had a shocked look on my face about this post. They've very lucky to have a teacher like you in situations like this where you're patient and kind. Tbh, I don't know how I would've handled this if that was me.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 01-27-2018, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always look on the bright side. After each 'episode' I am motivated to see what we could do better next time. It's what keeps us going. I feel parents who have kiddos with special needs are the strongest ever. These children display the same behaviors at home every so often. This parent tries to always find a pattern because she has to believe there is one for her own sanity. This has truly been my calling. Being a special education teacher brings me joy!
Old 01-28-2018, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Yea next 3 days are gonna be tough - battle to quit smoking and I have too cause wasted like $200-$300 on smokes aka why pretty much gonna have fun probably hopefully sleeping a lot the next 3 days to counter the no food

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Sarah - good luck on quitting smoking! I know it's a really tough habit to break but I am sure you can do it And yes you will save tons of money because they are expensive. So it will be a win win for you once you kick the habit. Hope your headache goes away soon too. .
Extremely hard to break the habit headache is gone for now but probably will be back due to still having 3 days of eating like extreme bare minimum

Last edited by crash landing; 01-28-2018 at 06:35 AM
Old 01-28-2018, 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

good morning all

Sarah hopefully you'll manage until Wednesday, then have a better month next month.

Katie - it's nice seeing you back here.

Lindsay - I can't imagine living so close to a volcano.

Amy - congrats on your new board!

Cece - you definitely have a cheerful personality!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Chris if I can succeed finally to quit smoking as well as if Trillium finally comes in with waiting on a reassessment since July - so a fair amount owed but a bankruptcy has deadline it
Old 01-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I post a lot.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

Well that’s always good Mary
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top