Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Keanu Reeves

New SW knocked my socks off
Old 12-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Sarah - glad you loved the movie!! I can't wait to see it Hopefully sometime this weekend.

Lindsay - so glad you had a great time at the party and that no one got drunk

Vicki - I didn't know you were a baker by trade! That sounds like a fun job that takes a lot of creativity when it comes to decorating cakes and stuff.

Hannah - I don't know what you are getting your degree in but if it's a professional type job then they regulate your hair color and usually your attire and shoes as well.

I have always wanted to dye my hair fun colors too but I have never had the guts to pull the trigger If I could do anything with my hair I would do the Oil Slick or Oil Spill color on my hair. This is what it looks like. I am putting it under spoiler tags because of the size.

Spoiler:

I love all the colors, the fact that it starts on a dark base, and that the colors are all mixed together and not at all chunky looking. The videos I have seen of women with their hair dyed this way - their hair looks almost iridescent as it moves around.

Hi Chris, Lizzy, and Leanne
Old 12-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Hannah, I have black hair so auburn will work. I can't don a light or too obvious auburn (which I would have preferred) because it's not allowed but I would go all the way if I can. What's your natural hair color if you've dyed your hair black now?

Lizzy, the only thing I hate about formal parties is that I have to act 'girly'. But this is how this company does it's Christmas parties. My previous job used to have casual Christmas parties and that was just as equally fun.

Leanne, when I'm retired, I'm gonna dye my hair in a different color too. I've always wanted all fiery red.

Chris, try it! I feel blah with just having black hair so at least every 2 or 3 years, I color my hair. You can start with streaks.

Amy, I LOVE those colors! Oh dear. If only!!! Right now, I want burgundy or mulberry colored hair. Something like this. I think they'll allow this at work, I have to check.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 12-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

I'm getting my degree in Computer Science.

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 12-20-2017, 06:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Good morning all. I've come down with a lovely cold overnight. Hopefully it will run it's course before Christmas, and I don't pass it on to my family.

Amy - didn't know that actually had a name, but I guess it makes sense. It looks pretty, but I don't think I could carry it off

Hannah - how far along are you in your studies?

Lindsay, Leanne, Lizzy, sarah
Old 12-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Amy, the photo is gorgeous. My hair stylist had a customer recently who was retired and wanted to do that to her hair since she had spent years in the corporate world and couldn't. The pictures were gorgeous.

Chris, I hope you feel better and get some rest and drink a lot of fluids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimi (View Post)
I'm getting my degree in Computer Science.
How much longer do you have in school? That's a great degree.

Lindsay, I hear ya on the girly/ladylike part. When you are wearing a formal, there is definitely a way you are "supposed" to act.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 12-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, I had allergies a few days ago but it was gone in a day, thankfully. I can't get sick this coming Christmas. I hope you feel better already.

Lizzy, I like dressing up every once in a while but when you're wearing a dress, you can't just "let loose".

Old 12-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, you're so right. Most fancy clothes are pretty restrictive and not super comfortable. I've gotten really good at walking in heels though!

Have a wonderful trip/time away.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Well if I ever get the guts to dye my hair that way I will definitely posts pics

Hannah - sounds like a fun degree! I hope you enjoy the field when you finish school

Lindsay - if you do the fiery red you should post a pic!! I bet it will look really cool. I hope you have a wonderful holiday vacation

Chris - I hope you get over your cold quick! Being sick on the holidays is no fun

Lizzy - I have never really felt comfortable in heals that are higher than 2 inches. I always feel like I am going to fall

Hi Sarah and Leanne
Old 12-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Moderator Manager

So I completely forgot my cellphone password so now I can't open my phone. Dang this. It'll probably come to me in a while. After this, I'm gonna resort to doing a different way for the password. I just prefer doing passcodes because I normally remember them.

Going on my vaca tomorrow. See you all next year!

Old 12-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, I think it is the universe to tell you to go on vacation and be removed from the world. ENJOY!

Old 12-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - I hope you get your phone sorted out. Enjoy your vacation!

Lizzy, Leanne, Amy, Hannah, Sarah

My cold is starting to feel like I'm over the worst of it, thank goodness. Braved the grocery store this morning. Hopefully I won't need to go back before Christmas.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi all

Getting excited about my trip, can't believe I'll be on a plane on Sunday already! Crunch time for gathering stuff to bring and what to bring!

Short day at work and then I'm off on my vacay.

I'm expecting the places I'm staying at will have wi-fi access so its not like I'll disappear, just probably more sporadic posting then my usual! I'm going to miss my and the premiere of the first X-Files season 11 episode though til I return... ahhhh
Old 12-22-2017, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I hope you have a wonderful vacation Leanne. Safe travels!
Old 12-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Lindsay - I know you're on vacation and won't check this thread but I hope you were able to remember your passcode

Chris - so glad that you feel like the worst of the cold is over and you are on the mend! Being sick over the holidays is the worst

Leanne - I hope you have an amazing time on your vacation and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back

Hi Lizzy, Sarah, and Hannah

My oldest son has been diagnosed with the flu He come down with symptoms on Tuesday but so far none of the rest of us has caught it. I am praying it stays that way I really think if we were going to catch it, it would have happened by now. over 72 hours later and we are all fine Honestly though I have to say I am unimpressed with the flu. People talk about the flu and act like they almost died from it. My son was barely scathed by it. With a dose of Advil in his system he was running around like normal. When his dose was about to run out he would complain a little but as soon as the new dose kicked in it was like he wasn't even sick. He must have caught the mild version of it which is why the rest of us are still doing great.

Last edited by One Thing Remains; 12-23-2017 at 07:30 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top