Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2017, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm sure that mom will appreciate the birthday wishes, thanks.

Chores and housekeeping never seem to be completely done. As soon as I think that I'm caught up, I notice something else that should get done.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Today is a good day for watching my favorite made for tv horror movies from the 1970’s to get more in the Halloween spirit! Right now I’m watching the segment that terrified me so much at the end of it as a kid. It’s great... a mother brings her kid back from the dead but he starts acting menacing and chases her around a dark house with a knife playing “hide and seek” with her, until he reveals that’s he’s not really the son, it’s a demon come to get revenge on the mom for neglecting her son which is how he ended up dying in the first place.

Anyway, I love the hide and seek in the dark house bit. but I always covered my eyes when the demon revealed its face at the end.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Weekend is chores for me too. Weekends are supposed to be about just relaxing and staying in bed all day right?

Leanne, what was your favorite made for TV horror movie in the 1970s? I think I can bear watching horror movies from that time but just don't make me watch horror movies made by Japanese people anymore. Scratch that. I just don't want to watch any horror movies anymore because I scare easily.

Witness the magical sprouting of the Purple Acorns
As hopes turn into reality

Old 10-22-2017, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure why I decided to watch The Grudge, back when it came out. Maybe because I thought I might not get scared anymore because I was older. Most horrible decision of my life. It gave me nightmares. That was the end to trying horror movies to test my scare level. I scare easily. Then on the other hand, I am fine with gore and blood - shows like Dexter and The Following. Go figure.

I am going on my first date tomorrow. It seems surreal. I've never gone on a date before so this is so new to me. Yet, I am not nervous because it's not a big deal really. There are more guys out there. I am glad I am taking this leap to go out and find someone though. And if all else fails, we will be friends. We have SO much in common. We're even in the same field of study! And he's a nerd. I'll have a buddy to go to cons with (or a boyfriend to go to cons with)! Tell y'all about it tomorrow night.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, Cece, how are those beta fish doing, they still alive? good luck on your first date! That’s like sort of exciting to go out with a guy for the first time. It’s been a while since I went on one, I need to be in a place with more men around instead of women hahah. But I will not date a co-worker, that’s my rule!

Lindsay, I like this 1971 made for TV movie called “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark” here is the video summary. Any of these are fun to watch, and they aren’t theatrical so they should scare an adult too much, but fun to watch for light Halloween scares!

And I love the one about the lady who buys a Zuni fetish’s doll which is cursed and starts chasing her around her apartment! I watched this one today, you’ll have to go to the site to see all the parts of it?

And the wonderful “Bobby” segment which scared me so much when I was 8 and I stil love how the kid terrorizes Mommy in that hide and seek game!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:25 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I don't like horror films at all. I scare too easily, then can't sleep.

Cece - Good luck! I hope you enjoy your date.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Cece, good luck on the date! Let us know how it went.

Leanne, I'm scared to click the YT links. The thumbnail already looks scary to me. Hmmm, okay, I clicked the 1st one and had to stop right away. I scare easily! Do you like these old school horror movies more than the ones we get now?

Old 10-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh my neck is on fire today slept 9pm-1am than been awake, maybe got half an hour around 8am
Old 10-24-2017, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Cece, good luck on the date! Let us know how it went.

Leanne, I'm scared to click the YT links. The thumbnail already looks scary to me. Hmmm, okay, I clicked the 1st one and had to stop right away. I scare easily! Do you like these old school horror movies more than the ones we get now?
I like the old school “made for TV” horror movies cause since they weren’t able to do R rated level of graphicness, and it was pre-CGI days, they relied more on glimpses of spooky things or having the scary thing be what you can’t see and what you’re imaging is there and the stories seemed original and unique.

The links I put aren’t really too scary, although “Bobby” is a bit scary and quite suspenseful as she’s hiding and hoping her son hasn’t found her... or sees her, yikes
Old 10-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
I like the old school “made for TV” horror movies cause since they weren’t able to do R rated level of graphicness, and it was pre-CGI days, they relied more on glimpses of spooky things or having the scary thing be what you can’t see and what you’re imaging is there and the stories seemed original and unique.

The links I put aren’t really too scary, although “Bobby” is a bit scary and quite suspenseful as she’s hiding and hoping her son hasn’t found her... or sees her, yikes
I think that's what makes them more creepy, less CGI. The last horror movie I've seen was "Ring" (Japanese version). I wasn't able to sleep properly for a few days. I know it isn't real but still... that movie was super scary for me so I vowed never to watch horror movies again.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, get this: watching the movie “The Exorcist” hasn’t scared me, but the only movie that truly creeped me out was “The Sixth Sense” cause the idea of turning a corner of your own home or looking down your hallway and seeing a disturbing dead person image talking to you is scarier than a demon possessing someone... to me I’m always creeped out by the idea of someone or something appearing where they shouldn’t... especially shadow people standing at the end of my bed when I wake up in the night! Now I creeping myself out thinking about shadow people.

One time my sister said she has a dream about being in a car and there were some children with black eyes asking her to let them in her car and she wouldn’t. And then I freaked cause that is actually a “thing” about black eyed children asking to come into your houses or cars. It’s searchable on google, yet my sister had no idea about them and yet had an accurate dream about it.

Sweet dreams, ladies
Old 10-25-2017, 05:28 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Glad I didnt' read all this just before going to bed.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:28 PM
Moderator Manager

It's truly Halloween on this thread!

I've seen both The Exorcist & The Sixth Sense and both scared me on the same level so I can't really differentiate them.

Nope, I'm not going to search that on Google and I'm glad it's nearly lunch time here otherwise I'd be neglecting reading that story if I was about to go to sleep.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol yes totally Halloween on this thread!

For me, I find slasher films scarier than movies about supernatural horrors.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 10-25-2017, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope I don’t dream about black eyed children now myself

I haven’t seen many slasher films, they don’t scare me much cause it feels like normal murder movies or shows except slightly unrealistic.

Nightmare on Elm Street combines those two things though which makes the movie awesome!

I’m watching Cujo which technically isn’t scary, but I saw these behind the scene photos on the 80’s forum and now I can’t help ’ing a bit remembering them while the movie is on, makes it way less scary!

Oh I remember watching the “Grudge” in the theatre and it almost put me off watching horror movies with an audience cause whenever something scary happened, the teens would scream, then laugh at themselves screaming, then talk to their friends about how funny it was they all screamed that I couldn’t hear the dialogue in the movie after the jump scares and took the scary mood away then there was the time I went to see “Insidous” and it was only me and one other guy in the entire theatre and he sat far behind me... but that was weird too.