Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got the new position for this upcoming school year. Same school, just a different job title. So excited for this new adventure!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh congrats love glad same school because think it held something special for you - your own previous school or something along those lines

Linds pretty much a diagnosis where my family doctor was trying to "fix" the problem related to my anxiety|depression pretty much with anti-depressants and thinking counselling was going to work. Than when she threw a curve ball my way at the end of May thinking I needed to return to work, I kinda didn't take that well. Of course I didn't cause everybody I saw told them didn't plan to return to my previous employer due to the last 2 years of bad memories. So she sent a referral to the hospital to a "psychiatrists" I'm assuming which will help. Help determine exactly what the condition is - what I can do in the future
Old 07-24-2017, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
I got the new position for this upcoming school year. Same school, just a different job title. So excited for this new adventure!
Yay so exciting! Congrats, Cece!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 07-24-2017, 11:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
Audrey, glad to have you back. So sorry for your loss. It must make for a very tough time of year.
April thru June since my mom died has been a bit of a struggle, especially if I'm not working. I'm lucky that I was working during this time because it allowed me to focus on my job and not worry about anything else. My love for music suffered, but it was the only way for me to be able to function without all the emotions that would have flooded me.

Now that those months have come and gone, I've felt a sense of peace, my love for music has come storming back and I'm back to being the calm, quiet one I've been for most of my life. My love for jazz has come back and so has my love for metal. I've gotten to the point where since I don't really fit into the jazz lifestyle or the metal lifestyle, I'm have my own lifestyle with the love of jazz and metal music.

It's all about uniqueness, which I always embrace.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Leanne - glad you're enjoying your pool.

Cece - congrats on your new position!

Lindsay - it's always annoying when the phone rings just when you're trying to do something.

Sarah - I hope you get some answers at your appointment.

Audrey - it is really hard to lose a loved one. It does get easier with time.

My feet are cold. I'd better go put some slippers on.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, staying busy is a great way to keep your mind off of things. I'm glad you're doing alright, Audrey.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 07-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, I'm so jealous!

Cece, congrats!

Doxie, I agree. It's hard to lose a loved one especially during the early times but like what Chris said, it gets easier in time.

Chris, it really is and it's an important call too so I have to answer it.

Month end.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, you can be jealous of me for last night, but probably not tonight cause my dumb cat bit me on my arm and that was 20 minutes ago and it's still kind of bleeding. Could be scar-worthy! I look like someone took a knife to my arm! Also means I won't be able to get back in the pool til it's closed up again. What a brat my cat is

Congrats, Cece! That's really great news and something to look forward to for the new year and the same place you already work!
Old 07-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks everyone.

I have decided to finally leave my summer job, for good, and already my mood has improved. I have a good reason now with getting this new position at my school and needing to go back to teacher inservice (professional development) sooner. I could not be more excited to start back at my regular teaching job! I was coming home way too exhausted to even post these past few months and I was getting irritated more easily. I am sure you all noticed I wasn't that much around for a while. That wasn't healthy for me but I still fought with my inner self to stay for the kids. I wasn't just a teacher but also a janitor, which many of you know. I enjoy cleaning but certainly not after a day of being in such a chaotic environment. Even our parents called it a madhouse. Now I can return to my happy and positive self. And post more on Fan Forum!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:39 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - I hope your month end goes well.

Lizzy - how are things going for you?

Leanne - yikes! It's not good that your cat bites. I hope there isn't a scar

Cece - sounds like it was high time you left that job. I understand that you care about the children, but the employers certainly weren't treating you very well.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Had both my appointments today hospital one was more of an "initial|in-take" which was 30 minutes but he did give me something in addition that fixes the insomnia

Updated family doctor about results from the Hospital referral
Old 07-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, never got a reply back after my heartfelt email to both the co-director and director. Guess I can't say I am surprised about that. But a little disappointed since I tried to think highly of them, even as the other employees not having such nice words to say about them. I wanted to believe otherwise and still have hope. I just try to see the good in all people. I even thought about working for them again next summer. Not as a teacher though, but a bus driver (for the field trips).

That's good, Sarah!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, OMG this is why I hate cats.

Cece, as long as you feel that you made the right decision, then that's good enough. It's okay to help out/take on more responsibilities but we can only do so much.

Sarah, so were you given something to take for your insomnia?

It's raining the whooooole day. We finally have our 1st storm for typhoon season though this one's pretty tame (Cat 1).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Lindsay - I hope month end goes well for you. Isn't it good that it's only a Cat 1? That means less wind damage and rain right?

Cece - congrats on your new position so exciting Sorry that they never responded to your email. Sounds like they may not understand the importance of or put value in the employee/supervisor relationship. That's probably why so many of your old co-workers do not care for them.

Sarah - glad that you let them know that going back to that horrible work environment was not an option for you. I bet you'll start feeling better once you're able to get better sleep. It definitely won't fix things for you but it may help you get through your days easier when you've at least gotten a decent amount of sleep. Hope you get more answers soon.

Leanne - glad you had a nice relaxing evening in the pool. Sorry that your cat bit you the next day and now you can't enjoy the pool any longer

Hi Chris and Lizzy
Old 07-27-2017, 03:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello
Closed Thread   Post New Thread