Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2017, 06:38 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Thanks everybody. The weather better clear up like it's supposed to by this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'll update the Appointments thread tomorrow.
Thanks Lindsay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
The news about Chester is very sad, and it just goes to show no matter how much someone may appear to have in life, depression is a disease that can touch anyone.

Very true.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea both Chris & Chester's death's have hit extremely hard for me because of the recent problems that I have been having with anxiety and depression
Old 07-22-2017, 11:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi to all.

I've been very busy with work. I've been at my job for over a year now and I've been learning a lot of new things in the last 6 months. Lots of work, but I'm enjoying every minute of it.

I've finally gotten my passion for music back. I lost that passion for three months, but it took a listen to a band I loved in the 80's to get it back.

I went thru a tough time from April to June because everything that involved my late parents happened during that time (both birthdays (my dad's was in April, my mom's was in June), the anniversary of both deaths (my dad's in May and my mom's in June), plus Mother's & Father's day). You can see why work was so important. Without that, I would have had a nervous breakdown. I loved them both and miss them terribly.

But I got thru it and now I'm doing well. Things are looking up for me.

Haven't seen many shows, but at the end of the month, I'm going to see someone for the very first time live. I'm so looking forward to it.

Also, I found out another metal singer I've loved for a long time has a new gig and a very famous one at that. He still looks amazing and his voice is still as beautiful.

That has been my life since I turned 47 in January. It's had it's up's and down's, but I've learned from it and it has made me wiser and stronger.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Chris I hope he weather cleared up for you

Audrey so sorry you have been going through such a hard time lately It must be so rough to have so many reminders of your parents all at once. I am glad that you had your work to help you through it and that things are looking up for you again.

Sarah sorry you have been having issues with anxiety and depression it is so hard to deal with both of those things. I really hope you're getting help because it's almost impossible to get over that type of stuff on your own.

Hi Lizzy and Lindsay
Old 07-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Sarah, so sorry. I like Chris but I've loved LP longer so Chester's death hit me hard.

Amy, I love their infusion of rock & hip hop too. Hybrid Theory is really their best album (I liked the first 3 albums). I have about every album until Minutes to Midnight and then suddenly they decided to change their sound. I still like some songs but I prefer their old sound.

Lizzy, it's really a shock and so heartbreaking. And Chester can hit very high ranges too so we lost a very talented person.

Doxia, sorry about your parents. I lost my dad 3 years ago and the pain never really goes away. I'm glad you've been busy with work and that it's keeping you going/strong.

Happy weekend everyone!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just been quiet and down low for a bit.

But I'm still existing,

I never listened to LP, but sad someone took their life, seems to happen a lot in that area of profession. Wonder why? I know artists are usually sensitive people.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is really sad. He had been battling substance abuse and depression over the years.

Audrey, glad to have you back. So sorry for your loss. It must make for a very tough time of year.

Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through personal struggles. Prayers to you.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 07-23-2017, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I am getting help after it tiggered enough to show me it was a problem in January. Had 4 months of "sick benefits" and pretty much monthly doctor appointments where she was trying to "fix" it enough to get me back working guess which is her job. So near end sent a referral to one of the hospitals for a diagnosis to get answers. That's Wednesday
Old 07-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Today was a bit hectic. I'll try to catch up in the morning.

Sarah - I hope your appointment goes well.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope so too its at Vic which I don't really have any experience with - so lucky got general directions of where to go
Old 07-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Moderator Manager

So I got an important call during the last few minutes of watching GoT and technically I missed the last 10 minutes so I'm pissed.

Month end for me.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sarah - I was born there, but haven't been there for years.

Lindsay - that must have been frustrating. Will you be able to watch it again?
Old 07-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea my niece was born there at Victoria but I've been having dealings at St.Joseph so have sorta learnt my way around a small portion of that hospital

Thanks to the person on the phone that set the appointment got a general idea where to go - told me what bus need and its near the Cancer part or what not

Plan to get up SUPER early and leave SUPER early to get to the hospital SUPER early in case of getting lost or need time to find my way probably get to the hospital around 8am and appointment at 9am
Old 07-24-2017, 07:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, I did catch a replay later in the day. Great timing for a call though.

Sarah, what's your appointment for?

Old 07-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

finally got to swim in my pool tonight, I could seriously stay in a pool all day long. And it was so nice cause it was private and peaceful, to be in the water with no strangers or kids splashing beside you