Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 04:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Good afternoon everybody

Its Saturday and I still can't do much until the knee is full healed. it's much better though. I am going to bet Chris brought something exciting for sure.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:35 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - an earthquake?!?! That must have been scary. Glad that you're okay and that there was no major damage.

Lizzy & Dana - got a new lawn chair to replace one that broke, and a pair of capris, on sale 60% off. But now that I've got them home, I realize I don't have that much to wear with navy. Oh well, I guess I've got an excuse to buy some new tops.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, oh my gosh, an earthquake!

Chris, guess you'll just have to go shopping again! I hope you enjoy your capris and new lawn chair.

Dana, I hope your knee heals soon.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 08-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow - glad no damage and alright but Linds
Old 08-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Good excuse to clothes shop more Chris
Old 08-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

The ease of shopping online nowadays, I hardly ever need to step foot inside a store.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how I can get exactly what I'm looking for, thanks to online shopping. I wonder what it was like back in the old days when if it wasn't in your local store, you couldn't get it or you had to order through a catalog which still had a finite listing of goods to choose From?

Glad, you got through that earthquake ok, Lindsay, I hate earthquakes, pretty helpless feeling to be stuck on unstable ground, hoping nothing falls on me.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I no like online clothes shopping. Rather walk into store and try it instantly rather then knowing I may have to send back if ordered online
Old 08-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by santer101 (View Post)
I no like online clothes shopping. Rather walk into store and try it instantly rather then knowing I may have to send back if ordered online
I completely agree. Different styles fit differently, and pictures can often leave something to be desired. Love online shopping for other things though.

Decided to make soup for supper. Got it in the bowls. Got one bowl safely to the table. The second bowl ... wound up on the floor. It was a lovely mess. So I got to wash the kitchen floor after supper.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, yes, scariest 10 seconds for me. This is my 3rd earthquake experience this year, these last 2 were very strong. Heard it was 6.6 but we're very lucky there was no casualty. Sorry about the soup. What happened to the second bowl? Did you lose balance?

Cece, it depends on what I'll buy though. Clothes and accessories I still go to the mall. Make-up, fandom stuff, hard to find things, I order online.

Leanne, thanks. I'll probably take a typhoon over an earthquake because at least with typhoons we can prepare. Earthquake has no warnings. And our system isn't like Japan when it comes to earthquakes. How are you feeling now?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Sarah & Dana.

What is going on at Charlottesville?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's important, I need to actually try on clothes and see how they look and fit before selecting them to buy. I only prefer to order online for items like books, or filters and household items, if unavailable locally.

I'm feeling ok, my lump is not only hurting, but being gross now! I got banadages and antibiotic ointment and hope for the best here. I'm just glad this is all happening before going back to work cause reaching and picking things up with an aching shoulder/arm. I might be able to swim if these these water proof bandages really work.

I'm watching a new Netflix series called "Atypical" about a teenage guy on the autism spectrum... trying to learn how to date... I think it's a comedy. I find it interesting, first opening shot was him stimming with his hands. Totally recognized what that was. Then there is explanations on his traits which I totally understand Kind of fun for me to watch, maybe I'll actually stick watching all the seasons. but either tv really over exaggerates his traits or young men are really more like that? I like how the character is totally honest haha.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Happy Sunday
Old 08-13-2017, 06:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Congratulations Chris on the spillage
Old 08-13-2017, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I also buy clothes in an actual store because I have to try it on, not only for how it fits but also how it looks on me. It may look great worn on a model, for example, but it may look not so great on me. I buy everything else online. Sometimes, if I am in a rush, I buy it online at a store like Target, and pick it up in-store.

I binged Atypical yesterday. It is a comedy and I feel with a lot of exaggerations. However, it's a nice way of spreading awareness for people with high-functioning Autism to create a world with more understanding and acceptance. Working in Special Education, I recognized the signs too and the triggers. I thought it was cute he was trying to date. But it's true - they have those same desires as any teenager.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

http://www.fanforum.com/f20/caf%C3%A.../#post91156298