Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, yep! All hell breaks loose when I don't get enough sleep. Sorry about the roadwork. How long will that take?

Amy & Rose, OMG!!!!!!!! After the Wimbledon men's finals? Why does this fandom do this to me and I watch tennis too.

Jenna, roadwork is certainly a pain. There used to be a lot of those here during the summer because they can't work on it during typhoon season. It takes me 2 hours to get home from the usual 1 hour.

Leanne, we're the same. Summer is the season for roadwork here too because typhoon season just won't do. Add to that, with roadwork there's endless traffic and there's already traffic here without the roadwork.

I am definitely staying in this weekend because of F1, Wimbledon, Doctor Who announcement and Game of Thrones. No Netflix for now, haha.

"These are not nightmares. It's happening."

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh. Such a fast thread. I feel like a newbie. Lol

Linds - Yes. It's GoT. There's gotta be somewhere I can talk about it without spoiling my fb friends. At sa September pa next travel ko. No Australia for now. I spent a lot there.

Sarah I am so ok. Lol

Chris - will try my darndest to chat more.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySquared
Linds - Yes. It's GoT. There's gotta be somewhere I can talk about it without spoiling my fb friends. At sa September pa next travel ko. No Australia for now. I spent a lot there.
Singapore ka sa September? It's either that country or Australia for you eh. Nako, ang hirap not to talk about GoT these days but I don't want to post spoilers there too. Your sister already spoiled me, btw.

"These are not nightmares. It's happening."

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 07-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

We have year around roadwork here as well.

Rose - thanks :blinky: I can't wait to find out who it will be

Leanne like Rose said - the Doctor changes out every few years. He regenerates into a new form. That's how he lives for thousands of years.

Lindsay I know I can't wait So close

Hi Chris, Sarah, Lizzy, Rose, ~wanderlust~, and HappySquared
Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 PM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team
Fan Forum Cheerleader

So something else happened at work this week. It further illustrates the problems of working at the childcare center. I was locked in. Literally. They started something new this week - a daily checklist of things we have to clean, sanitize, sort/organize, sweep, and stock before we leave for the day. It is long and extensive and we have students until 6:30 PM most of the time. I didn't even leave that late - it was around 7 PM when I clocked out that day. We have two doors, one regular door that is operated by a click of a button to unlock and a sliding door. I exited from the regular door and realized the sliding doors were not opening. I start to panic. I thankfully found the lock and was able to get out manually. I wasn't able to go back in through the regular door as it locks automatically. I immediately texted the co-director of the situation and she said she will turn around and lock it back up. She called me within a minute of my text. She was concerned and asked me if I was able to get out. You left me locked inside the building!!! The other staff looked at their lists and most said they're not going to do it (and just initialed next to each item). I can't be a dishonest person and won't initial next to things I didn't do. Maybe I took it too seriously, but at least the managers noticed my cleaning efforts. I leave later than the actual closers of each group. Crazy.
cece; fanforum's cheerleader ღ

Last edited by chasing the sun; 07-14-2017 at 09:58 PM
Old 07-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Cece, kinda panic inducing for sure! I got locked in too once briefly, but it was enough for me to try to make myself seen by staff near the end of my shift cause by the time I leave, most staff has left half an hour earlier. I don't have a key for this location, so I was in the back room working in the library and the custodian came in to clean and then left and locked the main door, which only locks from the outside and I didn't have a key to unlock anything. The other door was also locked and I had to resort to standing there and banging on the glass hoping someone would walk by and open the door, not fun!

Getting lists to clean and make you stay even later? Ew, I'd do what the other co-workers are doing... I'd only do it if I was getting paid for it,
Old 07-14-2017, 10:01 PM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team
Fan Forum Cheerleader

Technically we are getting paid for it. We are paid by the hour at this summer job. However, the pay is pretty low. Especially for me as a certified teacher. And being a custodian isn't part of my job description for the summer. I am so ready to go back to my regular teaching job where there are custodians who do these things and we are paid so much more. And get treated so much better. The list just goes on. I am off to bed now. I was convinced to go into work tomorrow. They have an open house and I am going to be convincing people to enroll at this childcare center! On a Saturday. I need to learn to say no more often. I would actually rather work at a movie theater. I would have free movies to watch on my off days! I used to work at the movies and it was a lot less stress too.
cece; fanforum's cheerleader ღ
Old 07-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, I do get fussy, if I'm expected to do things that aren't in my job description.
Sorry your expectations for your summer job is turning into not so great stuff.

I was just thinking about how being locked in a library overnight wouldn't be the worst if it did happen. Aside from the lack of access to food and toilets, I'd be able to sit down and read alllll the books possible and sleep on the couch. (actually, I just remembered the back room has a sink and a fridge with old yogurt and cheese in it so I guess I'd be set for all aspects )

Last edited by reason to believe; 07-14-2017 at 10:26 PM
Old 07-15-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Rose - thanks :blinky: I can't wait to find out who it will be

Leanne like Rose said - the Doctor changes out every few years. He regenerates into a new form. That's how he lives for thousands of years.
Me neither!

And how the show gets to be around since 1963
Old 07-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Cece - If I thought I was locked in, I'd be freaking out! Luckily you had your phone with you. Like you, I'd probably do some of the list, but only sign off on what I did.

I hope everybody is pleased with the casting for the new Doctor.

Amy, Gay, Lindsay, Rose, Leanne, Lizzy, Jenna

Laundry day for me.

Tour Guide - of Board Celebrations and Events.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I wonder how they keep thinking of new storylines for each episodes after 50 years. I mean, most tv shows go downward spiral after 7 seasons with good storylines and DR. Who can go on and on without repeating a story idea?
Old 07-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm doing laundry too, Chris. My load is in the dryer now.

I would have had a minor panic attack, Cece if I was locked in somewhere. It seems like you handled it really well.

Today, I'm organizing/cleaning and going to read some this afternoon.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I just had the biggest laughing attack I've had in years. I sounded like I was hysterically crying but I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop and I'm so glad no one was in this house to hear that. It felt so good though and I'm writing this with actual tears on my face I haven't wiped away yet. and all over a stupid video that would only appeal to teenage boys, I'm sure.

Ok, so aside from that unplanned emotional release, I need to go out and get some coffee and some pool related items. I'm finally gonna start using it this week!

(After all that hard laughing I kind of feel like crying now. So weird, I'm not used to emotional outburst stuff of any kind but it sure felt good to laugh like that. )
Old 07-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Morning /evening everyone
Old 07-15-2017, 03:34 PM
crazy for gal gadot

OH hello been a few days