Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hi everyone!

I have some free time tonight, but things get really busy again starting tomorrow. I'll try to pop by if I have some time but should be posting regularly again after the 23rd.

Lindsay, glad that you got only 10 minutes of rain and it cooled things down a bit.

Cece, homemade Mom cooking is always amazing. I've been trying to learn to cook but also tend to do something simple/quick after a day of working.

I find zero things bad about living alone (other than fronting all of the bills for everything). It's absolutely amazing. I adore living alone.

Your mantle looks awesome, Leanne!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:03 AM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Movies
The Defenders

We got a lot of rain yesterday. I like listening to rain, but just not having to drive in it.

Living alone is nice most of the time, but I do miss the company when I am at home. My family probably thinks I talk too much. I am a social person, haha.
cece; fanforum's cheerleader ღ
Old 04-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Up here, driving in rain is like no big deal, but I hear down south when it doesn't rain much it gets slippery on the roads!

I like living alone too, but Ive lived in situations where I had roommates, lived alone in a place, and lived in a suite in a shared home with others who live upstairs... and as much as I liked my very own place, I think its better if I have my own place, in a shared home where I can sometimes interact with other people otherwise, I learned I can easily be too isolated or like a hermit in any other way... except the roommates who actually lived in the same apartment... that was .. well, not always fun or good for them or me
Old 04-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Afternoon all

So much catching up to do after this four day weekend, but also need to get ahead on stuff because I know I won't be able to do much this coming weekend with my mother's birthday
Old 04-18-2017, 07:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy, good luck at work!

Cece, and boredom too. I mean there's cable & Netflix for me but I got over it cause at least I'm not bored the whole day/week. Driving in the rain is terrible, especially when there's zero visibility (pretty scary too).

Leanne, I prefer living on my own because I get judgy around people. I'm a mess at work (if you can only see my desk, LOL) but at home, I'm orderly. So if someone is messy and lazy, that's a problem for me.

"A love like ours can burn down a city."

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 04-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Lindsay, yeah, I don't mind doing my own chores but I don't want to pick up after others and I like coming home after work and knowing my place is how I left it! usually I'm pretty tidy cause less clutter makes me more relaxed. My biggest problem with roommates was a lot of times, they misunderstood my communication efforts with them a lot I know why now, but when I was in my early 20s I didn't know why they would think I was annoyed when I was really concerned etc. Or they would be emotional and I would be more stoic. Just personality differences and more.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:19 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Agree with the people who don't like driving in the rain. A light rain or drizzle isn't too bad, but a heavy downpour when you can't see is pretty scary.

I've never had to deal with room mates, so I'm not sure how I'd deal with them. I can imagine that it might be difficult by times.

Tour Guide - of Board Celebrations and Events.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, exactly. It's different when you share a room with someone and your personalities clash. But you never know unless you try. My sister ended up being best friends with her first roommate though so that was nice.

Chris, I remember having to actually stop during a heavy downpour because even the windshield wipers didn't help. I keep complaining about the heat here but this weather is much better than when the typhoon season starts here soon.

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 04-20-2017, 06:10 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - we've been caught in that situation while travelling a couple of times. It's pretty scary to be on the highway trying to navigate your way around a strange city when you can't see where you're going.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes I can imagine especially if you're going to a place unfamiliar.

Also, it's been 24 hours now and our cable at home is not working. I called the service hotline, sent a text to the agent assigned to our account, left a voice message, sent a tweet and e-mailed. Nothing. I am so fed up with our crap service here.

dw | dd | st | kh
Old 04-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Ew, that's crap, Lindsay. So now you're missing out on your entertainment.. my pet peeve with my service is, the tv cable and the internet are joined together so when the internet goes out, I can't watch plain old tv either... unless it's a DVD.

I'm in a good mood though tonight cause they announced a 10 episode season of X-Files for next year! we only got 6 episodes for the season 10 revival! I'm really happy! it's an understatement about my level of being excited/happy really, I'm sorta feeling like:
Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Movies
The Defenders

That's awesome, Leanne! Happy for you.

Awwe Lindsay, that stinks. They should refund money or add days to the following month/take off some money on the next bill for missed days without service.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lindsay - can you switch service providers?

Leanne - that's terrific news!

How are you today Cece?

I had a productive afternoon getting groceries and banking done.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:22 AM
Communications Team
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Movies
The Defenders

I got a good amount of work done this morning for my graduate classes. I am able to spend some hours now on and watching TV. I am happy it's Saturday!!!

I hope everyone has a great Saturday.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Good for you Cece.

I've had another productive day. Got my laundry and most of my housework done.

Summer must be coming. They were lifting the boats back into the harbour this afternoon.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top