Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Nope not bad at all! When do you start?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Next week is training, Tuesday through Saturday, but she has other teachers that work in school districts so she's having an after school training. My students' last day is May 31st and our last day is June 1st. My summer teaching job starts June 5th! I will have to confirm the end date of my summer job because I'm back to my full-time job on August 11th. I told them ahead of time I'll have to go back to my regular teaching job the second week of August so they are aware.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:57 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy, yeah. I'm ready to wave the white flag for month end. I'm glad you had fun at the baseball game.

Amy, actually you're right. I'm used to it. And I'm the only one who's using the internet here so the speed works for me. Other countries have faster speeds and we really need to catch up.

Chris, glad you got a good night's rest.

Lindsey, it's very frustrating. There are days when it's super fast but most of the time it's slow but yeah, I'm used to it. I don't watch or stream anything on my laptop. I have cable & Netflix for that.

Cece, for how long is your work in the summer, the entire summer? No breaks for you?

OMG so many bills to pay today. I'm bankrupt.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

all. I've had a hectic day. I'll try to catch up in the morning.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

It will be all summer just unsure of the official end date right now. I will have to ask during training. I'm not sure of my hours either at the moment, but I am pretty sure it will be from 7 AM to 4 PM. I just know they already put me in a classroom. It won't be bad as I won't have to deal with ARD meetings, keeping up with data collection on goals/objectives, and formal evaluations on my performance that will determine if I get a raise or not for the following year. So that means it will be more fun and less stress!

Having bills to pay is the least fun part about being an adult. I'm a very simple person and live pretty conservatively, so don't spend a lot but all the bills can still get pretty crazy.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Chris, no worries.

Cece, it's always like this every middle of the year and last week of May for me. I have the usuals every month but usually May & November, the bills pile up as I have so many due this month and November. I don't even think about all the money spent for the holidays/December too. At least I've accepted the fact that we do have to shelf out money for the holidays. Take a break for the summer, don't tire yourself too much with work okay?

I'm gonna enjoy this weekend cause month end starts for me on Monday and I'm going to be busy again.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Enjoy your weekend, Lindsay!

It's nice we have a long weekend. I've been so busy with work that I appreciate a few days off.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-26-2017, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am looking forward to having Monday off, though a part of me wish we didn't because I actually need more days to deliver folders to all the different campuses. With the training sessions all next week after school, I will have to deliver folders during my lunch/planning break and I have Thursday since we won't have students, but that will leave my teacher assistant to organize the room (cover all the bulletin boards, move all the furniture, etc.) and have it ready for the summer. The folders I am talking about are Special Education folders, that contain the IEPs, FIEs, and other important information relevant to the student. This will need to be delivered personally so I have to drive to the schools the students will be attending next year and deliver it to the teacher. I'm not even allowed to leave it with the front office staff. It will all work out, I'm sure.

I'm an Energizer Bunny so think I'll be fine, Lindsay, but yes I will definitely enjoy my weekends and be sure to rest and take it easy.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's interesting about having to hand deliver the folders, but it makes sense from a classified information POV. Still-sounds like a bit of a pain having to drive all over and hand deliver the files.

Happy Saturday all!

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-27-2017, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, it does have to do with confidentiality of the information, but also to ensure the folders don't get lost. In some circumstances, I have had folders mailed to me (we have a system where we can send mail between schools and district buildings), though it isn't recommended. And they make sure we don't do that by requiring signatures from the receiving teacher and principal at that school. I have to drive to 4 schools! Last year I was lucky and had some teachers from different campuses come to my school to deliver folders so I was able to just give it to them. Doesn't seem like this will happen this year. My students all have different home campuses, which means the school they are supposed to attend (according to where they live). The preschool program I teach is specialized and not every campus has the preschool program so that's why they are placed at different schools.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

CeCe are the schools far away?

I worked until 12:30 today and after going to a few grocery stores I cleaned a lot. Does it ever end?
Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

The schools I have to go to this year are not far away, thankfully. Last year I had to go to a school that took over 20 minutes to get to.

I took a nap an hour or so after lunch and woke up at 6 PM. I must have needed it!
Old 05-27-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I work at 4 schools each week. And the day I split two schools, one of them takes about 25 minutes to drive to cause it's across the city I work in, and I don't get compensated for the gas! But it gives me an hour break in between work so it's kind of a long mid-break in my work day

I went to get my favorite soup today (pho) and somehow on the way out, I snagged my finger on the push open door handle and the skin got ripped away from where my fingernail ends. So there I was holding a bag of food in that hand, my other hand holding my drink and I'm looking at my now bleeding fingertip in pain. Had to hurry to my car put down my stuff on the pavement, get my keys out of my pocket with my other hand cause of the blood... then I luckily has some spare napkins I keep in my car and had to wrap my finger in it while I managed to drive one handed all the way back home! Not easy to drive like that while trying to keep a napkin over a finger!

Anyways I'm bandaged nice and protectively and it doesn't really hurt too bad now... but I'm hoping the skin grows attached again soon cause it was semi-alarming to see it separated like that

Finished season 3 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt today when I started it last night, I think it's my favourite season, it was funny and I laughed a few times, it reminded me of my favorite show "30 Rock".
Old 05-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Moderator Manager

I have a lot of errands to do today. And I'm really having crappy internet connection too so I might as well start on my errands. Enjoy the long weekend everyone!

Leanne, OMG that's horrible!

Old 05-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

That's good they are not far away CeCe. I couldn't imagine trying to be quick on a break.
Sounds like you did need a nap as well

Leanne I am so sorry that happened! I would have definitely freaked out. Hopefully it does heal quickly.

Lindsay When the internet is slow that is the perfect time to run errands.

I'm going to need a nap for sure today. I was up until almost 5am cleaning and doing laundry and making sure everything was put away. I was watching netflix a lot in between all of that But I wanted everything done so I could relax these two days.