Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't work last summer, but I'm not sure yet if I'll work this summer. I plan to take the ESL certification exam this summer and recently was informed of some professional development opportunities that my school district will have (it will count towards the hours for next school year). Some time ago I planned to work with children over the summer at camp, even had some interviews for summer gigs, but my co-workers advised that I should enjoy my breaks or I might get burnt out more easily. And if I do get a job, to work a job that doesn't involve children over the summer, ha. I'm a new-ish teacher so definitely appreciate their advice!
Old 05-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm looking forward to summer holidays too! Even though it's not til July for me, and I get bored after about 3 weeks and I don't have a trip in the summer planned
(I'm hoping I even have my job to come back to in the fall! With my same hours!)

Still coughing! It's funny how it seems like this flu thing will never totally end!

I'm having a 3 day weekend and also have another one next weekend! Today my family is celebrating my brothers birthday with BBQ hot dogs. I'm not really a fan of hot dogs, but when they are available I still eat them!

Does everyone here like hotdogs or do you avoid them?
Old 05-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah CeCe I agree with them! You don't want to burn yourself out. It can be easy to do. I've done it with my jobs a lot. Its not a good thing at all But I will say working a camp does sound like fun.

I avoid hot dogs. Once learning what they are truly made of just puts me off so much
Old 05-21-2017, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I eat a lot of junk food. It's easier for me to buy lunch at the school's cafeteria than pack a lunch daily, and it is basically the same every week - pizzas, hot dogs, burgers, nachos, mini corn dogs, fried chicken strips, etc. Some days they have grilled chicken breasts and spaghetti which is healthier somewhat. And my dinners are mostly frozen and just require me to heat up. But I do get steamed veggies in a bag, that only need heating, and I love fruit so that's where my nutrition comes from.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Lindsey, how's it going? Long time no talk.

Cece, work doesn't count as being sociable since that's a given! I love the peace and quiet of being alone but lately, it's one of those days that I just want to be around people (that aren't my co-workers) and talk for 24 hours.

Chris, it rained here for a few minutes (and a bit of thunderstorm too) yesterday which is a relief for our hot & humid weather here since March.

Leanne, enjoy your 3-day weekend and happy birthday to your brother!

Lizzy, hope your Sunday and this coming week will be good.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm good!

I like hot dogs but try not to put much thought into them because then I'll be grossed out!

I'm going to a baseball game tomorrow;so, I'll probably have a hotdog and beer there.

Enjoy summer break for those who get it! Yay for a 3 day weekend with Memorial Day coming up.

I like my job but do plan on making sure to take full advantage of my vacation days.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

I'm good Lindsay! How are you?
Old 05-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Lizzy, enjoy the baseball game!

Lindsey, I'm good. Soon to get busy because of month end. It's great to see you back posting here.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is going to be a good week. No assignments due until Thursday and Friday since Tuesday-Wednesday is our window to take our first exam. I do have an ARD meeting, my last one of the school year, this Wednesday but done with most of the IEP! Currently working on finishing it all. I also can't believe this 3-week class ends next week. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm sure the professor took away some assignments from the class that we would have done if it were in the fall/spring semester. I might actually take more 3-week classes [only offered in Maymester though], because this has been great so far. I knew I'd end up feeling this way. It works to always see the positive side of most situations.

Enjoy the baseball game, Lizzy!
Old 05-22-2017, 11:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Cece good luck on your exam that's great that you're getting a small break from assignments to concentrate on your exam

Lindsay good luck getting through month end. My husband works in accounting and his busiest time is always month end close. He dreads it

Lizzy I hope you had a great time at the baseball game

Leanne - I do not eat hotdogs. I used to eat them all the time, but when I was in 8th grade I had them for dinner and then ended up being sick the entire night. I am sure it was probably a viral stomach bug but I still associate it with hotdogs so I refuse to eat them to this day I hope you completely get over your cough/flu soon. Being sick is no fun

Chris I hope the weather is better for you the rest of the week
Old 05-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)

Leanne - I do not eat hotdogs. I used to eat them all the time, but when I was in 8th grade I had them for dinner and then ended up being sick the entire night. I am sure it was probably a viral stomach bug but I still associate it with hotdogs so I refuse to eat them to this day I hope you completely get over your cough/flu soon. Being sick is no fun
Thanks, I'm just lightly coughing now at this point. However, I once got this flu before, got over it, then a week later it started all over again so I'm always scared once it is gone, it will start over in a week or two... it better not cause I had to take 3 days off work and lost some pounds. (or about the pounds)

Anyway, I understand about associating food with a stomach virus and never touching the food again. In my case, it was this "tiger ice cream", a black and orange flavour ice cream, and when my whole family ate it, we all came down very ill for one day and we all blamed the ice cream and none of us has ever had that flavour ice cream in over two decades now
Old 05-23-2017, 07:36 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Amy - I've only started eating chicken soup again about 5 years ago. When I was little, I was at a friend's house for lunch. Said I didn't want to eat, but my friend's mother insisted that some chicken noodle soup was just what I needed to feel better .... it wasn't. Just the smell of chicken soup made me nauseous for years.

Mom fell out of bed yesterday morning, so I spent the morning at the hospital getting her checked out. Everything was fine, thankfully.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no, Chris. Glad to hear she's alright.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. i hope she is ok.

Cece, that's great about your assignments!

Thanks all! The baseball game should be fun, and I'm eager to see my friend from home. i haven't seen him in a few years.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 05-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just took my test and got over a perfect score (she included some extra credit questions). I think I'll make another A in this class. Yes I know I am a nerd, Lindsay, so you're not surprised. But I was still nervous because it's our first exam and I never know what to expect.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread