Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Moderator Manager

The Café - Join Us, Let's Chat!

banner by De Medici Queen

Note: when starting a new Café thread, please remember to use the same title every time

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Good morning all.

I'm not a fan of horror. I'd much rather the author leave gory details to the imagination rather than spell them out in excruciating detail.

*sigh* it's supposed to be spring but I woke up to snow on the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
Morning!

I'm not a horror fan either. I get scared easily, but i do enjoy thrillers and suspense.

I am much more likely to go out for food than coffee/tea. I'm pretty good about making mine at home or at work and avoiding going to Starbucks unless I have a gift card.

Leanne, The Lion King is absolutely amazing! Glad you got to see it.

Lindsay, ha we're on the same page about having wine at home as a staple. Board games have definitely been my jam lately too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I'm not a fan of plain ole horror, but sci-fi horror is one of my favorite genres.

Leanne, I don't think I've read YA horror since the days of RL Stine. But some of the fantasy stuff I read has horror elements to it...or just really scary villains. I have a friend whose favorite movie is Aliens, but yet she had nightmares when she read Lord of the Rings. She said Gollum really freaked her out (even though she had already seen the movies. )
Chris, sorry about more snow over there.

Lizzy, I became a wine-drinker about 6 years ago when I stopped drinking beer.

Enjoy the weekend everyone! I'm having a lazy one right now. Plus I plan on finishing Iron Fist this weekend so I can just move on.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! Yay for a new one!

Lindsay, I enjoy beer and wine, but beer has soooo many calories.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 04-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

TFTNT

I enjoy both beer and wine too. Although I tend to drink beer more in the summer than in the winter.

Anybody have plans for the weekend?
Old 04-08-2017, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Beer is definitely refreshing, which is great in the summer.

I'm actually working this weekend. It's a pretty busy time for me.

Chris, what are your plans?

Old 04-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good thing you started a new thread cause you all change the subject from horror. Yesterday morning, I wanted to talk about my whole little history about me getting into it or why I like it as a genre but as aspies tend to do, is talk about their interest far too long and I already see no one here likes it so I'll refrain from doing that thing where I talk too much and everyone gets bored cause they really aren't into it like me who is too enthusiastic to notice! See? I already wrote this paragraph explaining it, how mundane.

But I don't drink beer or wine so I can't comment on the refreshing quality of beer. I heard it's an acquired taste but I only like like barley in beef & barley soup. Do people like drinking things that taste yeasty or grain-y? I had red wine and didn't like it much

BTW: Rae, I haven't seen or read Lord of the Rings

ETA: just to illustrate my point with X-Files... Mulder is sometimes rumoured to be Aspie cause he's so into his passion and this is how I feel... he starts going into his love and passion for the mysteries and you can see Scully roll her eyes and everyone leaves cause they are bored but he doesn't care and talks into the night..... I am female Mulder
I guess it's why I like the show, it has horror in and Mulder is me!

Last edited by reason to believe; 04-08-2017 at 08:46 AM
Old 04-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Oh yes, beer is great for drinking at the beach where it's hot. A good beer for me is ice cold and foamy at the top.

Leanne, wow. I didn't know they had a guesting on The Simpsons but I'm not surprised. The Simpsons have many celebrities do voice guesting on their show.

Guyssss, it's so hot here. I feel like I'm being cooked alive. I may need to stock up on ice cream, juice, shakes, anything cold to get me through summer. Blech.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay, that Simpsons episode was like a crossover with X-Files. It's one of the more hilarious episodes too, I can't stop laughing at that clip, cause I relate to how he's just so into his passion for the unknowns, he's talking about it, despite everyone else just giving up and leaving

Wow, how does anyone surivive when it's already so hot in April where you live? So what's it like during June/July/August!
You have air conditioning, right?

I had a good day today, went to the specialty coffee roasters and got a cup of Sumatra bean made with the aeropress and a chocolate/coconut muffin.. and I enjoyed it while sitting in a chair there, reading my book. Then I went and spent a gift certificate on books for my job and it was worth $110 dollars and I used up all of it with just 10 cents left! Talk about not wasting money! I kind feel proud about that.,
Old 04-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's awesome, Leanne. You definitely did't waste any money. Also that coffee sounds YUMMY!

I like the taste of hops; so, I personally really like hoppy beer. It's also hot here, but I enjoy hot weather. I'd take it over cold weather any day.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Leanne, I kind of like how different David sounds there. His speech was great! Yes, I have air conditioning but once you go outside, it's just terrible. Funny you ask what happens here come July- August. It's typhoon season that time so non-stop rain for 3-5 days. And then the sun again and then rain again. It all slows down come December when it gets cold. January/February are the best months here. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday.

Lizzy, I actually like hot too but with a bit of a breeze. The problem here is it's hot and humid. I literally have to put ice on the dog's water twice a day because they might get heat stroke. I know last year our Boston Terrier almost had one as he was so red and panting non-stop. I was so worried.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not looking forward to Texas summer. May to August are our hottest months and temperatures often reach triple digits. It's great inside with air conditioning, but a minute outside and you will already be sweating. People here often say you could cook an egg outside. And getting into the car is even hotter, so I always keep the door open for a while as I let the air conditioning in my car kick in and cool things down. Many of my friends give their dogs ice during summer too! The humidity bothers me as well.

Now I am all caught up on Dark Matter, I can return to my Doctor Who marathon! I am writing a paper for one of my graduate classes, but I'm always multi-tasking.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Lizzy - I don't have any plans today, but I'm going to the city for the day tomorrow. We'll visit the in-laws and do a bit of shopping.

Cece - Dark Matter is a great show. I can't wait for the next season.

Lindsay - all that rain must make things messy!

Leanne - save me a bite of that chocolate coconut muffin?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

All that rain must make it so muggy, Lindsay. That's not fun. I'm glad your pup was ok, but, yes, ice in the water sounds like a must.

Where i live now has brutal desert summers.

Chris, enjoy your time in the city. I always love shopping.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am looking forward to Dark Matter S3 as well.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Cece, it's looking like Texas is a place I can live in. I mean your summer there is like the summer here (but I would argue that it's hotter here just cause we're right smack of the equator).

Chris & Lizzy, yeah it sucks. You'd feel sticky just going outside.

I only have 3 days of work this week. I love Easter break.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread